The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post

This is why I keep going back to the DNA test. They should just release the results and be done with it. No use having a discussion of doubt about Harry's parentage that properly belongs to the 18th century when there are tools to clear the matter up once and for all.

And about the people who will still doubt, DNA paternity tests are done with amazing frequency and are pretty common. This is not an esoteric test that only a few experts in the world can do. The test's reputation in the courts and in the minds of public opinion will carry some weight.
Charles is the only one with the right to ask for such a test and to decide if the result were to be published. Charles will never do such a thing, IMHO. He treats Harry as his son, why should he react to such rumours?

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Charles is the only one with the right to ask for such a test and to decide if the result were to be published. Charles will never do such a thing, IMHO. He treats Harry as his son, why should he react to such rumours?
Because the rumours can hurt Harry for the rest of his life. If there is an easy way to dispel the rumours (and I think there is with the DNA test), I think the rumours are damaging enough for it to be a top priority for Charles to dispel them.

This is one time when I don't think Charles would serve himself or Harry well by standing on his rights not to do a test.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

It won't dispel the rumours, though. Just as tests on Henri Paul's blood made no difference to the people who are determined to believe that Diana's death was premeditated murder. You'll just get the same old excuses that we got from the conspiracy merchants over the blood tests: switched samples, contaminated samples, shoddy testing methods, lab techs being bribed or blackmailed to lie, coverup by MI5, whatever.

I asked Skydragon a while back in this thread whether a DNA test saying that Harry was related to Charles would make any difference to her belief that Harry was James Hewitt's biological son, and she didn't give a yes or no answer.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
This is why I keep going back to the DNA test. They should just release the results and be done with it. No use having a discussion of doubt about Harry's parentage that properly belongs to the 18th century when there are tools to clear the matter up once and for all.
Yes, unfortunately we have to remember that 'The firm' goes by the 'No comment' and the 'Never admitt, never deny' protocole. I believe they should do it for Harry, who is not very helped by the press. I also agree with your point on the women being more 'critizied' for having an affair than the men, and it's unfair. Although I think that the Queen was fair on that matter. When Diana came to tell her about Charles and Camilla she didn't move and kept the same attitude with Hewitt. She prefered to stay out of it. Perhaps she didn't help Diana when Charles was 'going back to his lady' but she didn't stop Diana going with Hewitt.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 07-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Because the rumours can hurt Harry for the rest of his life. If there is an easy way to dispel the rumours (and I think there is with the DNA test), I think the rumours are damaging enough for it to be a top priority for Charles to dispel them.

This is one time when I don't think Charles would serve himself or Harry well by standing on his rights not to do a test.
While I personally believe Harry is Charles' son, what on the off chance he really isn't though? Doing a DNA test and having it come out Charles' isn't his father and all the controversy/press that would cause would end up damaging Harry far more IMO.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
It won't dispel the rumours, though. Just as tests on Henri Paul's blood made no difference to the people who are determined to believe that Diana's death was premeditated murder. You'll just get the same old excuses that we got from the conspiracy merchants over the blood tests: switched samples, contaminated samples, shoddy testing methods, lab techs being bribed or blackmailed to lie, coverup by MI5, whatever.
I believe you're right about never convincing the conspiracy theorists, Elspeth but I don't believe that everyone who thinks this way is a conspiracy theorist. Even fact I don't even believe the majority who think this way are conspiracy theorists. There are many like the people I met who just say they know that he is Hewitt's son probably from reading the headlines. The minds of these people I think can be changed by releasing the DNA test results and they probably are the majority.

I think most people are lazy rather than conspiracy minded; they'll believe whatever is shoved in their faces until something gets shoved in their faces that is more convincing. It doesn't have to be that convincing; just more convincing than what they've seen before.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde View Post
While I personally believe Harry is Charles' son, what on the off chance he really isn't though? Doing a DNA test and having it come out Charles' isn't his father and all the controversy/press that would cause would end up damaging Harry far more IMO.
In that case, then, I think they should not release the DNA results which is all the more reason to release them if the results can prove Harry is Charles' son.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
I asked Skydragon a while back in this thread whether a DNA test saying that Harry was related to Charles would make any difference to her belief that Harry was James Hewitt's biological son, and she didn't give a yes or no answer.
You did indeed ask me and I said I would plead the 5th.

What never ceases to amaze me is that if you would prefer not to answer, you are lumped in with the conspiracy theorists, as a negative way. Some posters state that they know Harry is Charles' son, because they believe that, perhaps they are the conspirators.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
You did indeed ask me and I said I would plead the 5th.
Not to put too much of a damper on things, but as a British citizen resident in the UK, pleading the 5th wouldn't get you very far.

Quote:
What never ceases to amaze me is that if you would prefer not to answer, you are lumped in with the conspiracy theorists, as a negative way. Some posters state that they know Harry is Charles' son, because they believe that, perhaps they are the conspirators.
Well, that depends on whether they'd be prepared to change their minds if presented with DNA evidence that Prince Harry was related to James Hewitt. Having seen how little difference the lab results seem to make to posters on this board who believe Diana was murdered, I don't have all that much confidence that DNA results would make a great deal of difference to opinions about Harry. Especially when the tabloids could make so much more money casting doubt on the results, the labs, the lab techs, and so on, and hinting darkly at Larger Forces At Play.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Royal Highness

i would have to say that if dna results were made public, i'd have to believe them.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

If he loved her as he has claimed to have, he would have never sold those letters and would have kept them or given them to William and Harry. He totally betrayed Diana by publishing his book Princess In Love . He's happy to say : I loved Diana, she didn't have bulimia when she was with me, etc. But I'm sure she would be sick to see that so many people, including him, used her for their cash.

Yes he betrayed her but what now ?! IMO he never got on after they broke up. He lives in the past, wanting to sell his love letters from her, writting books on their relation, ... He never married (I think), don't have any kids (please don't start with Harry). Even if Diana died at 36, she lived way more lives than him who's 48 (?) now.

Because it matters...
Old 08-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just read something here that's disturbing me now. In his hypnosis session, Hewitt said they had kissed in 1981 or 1982 ?! I thought he had only said they had met in these years. I'm completly lost

Because it matters...
Old 08-02-2007, 04:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Just read something here that's disturbing me now. In his hypnosis session, Hewitt said they had kissed in 1981 or 1982 ?! I thought he had only said they had met in these years. I'm completly lost
Regardless of the time of the affiar, I'm still pretty convinced Prince Harry is Prince Charles' son, based on likeness between his father and grandfather.

But if the new date were true, it would be really disturbing. Not least because it would mean Diana entered into affair right after marriage - she wouldn't have the tome to feel lonely yet, would she? And even if she did, most new wives wouldn't go after affairs 'to improve' things.

This said, I take the article with a pinch of salt - we've had too many contradicting reports to trust blindly an article in the site called 'monsters and critics'.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Royal Highness

if that date were true it would be quite disturbing. i think it would test everything diana has ever said about the happiness/lack of happiness in her marriage, her honesty, her devotion. i hope it's not true.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sceptical about hypnosis and like Avalon, I think he probably did that to make people talk about it. Where I don't understand is that he had denied to be Harry's father and now he says Diana and him started a relation more than friendship in 1982. What's wrong with this man ?!

Because it matters...
Old 08-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

I think that if Hewitt was as in love with Diana as he claims and is indeed Harry's father, he should totally act like a father and do everything and anything to protect his son including keeping his mouth shut. Unfortunately, I think he is a money and publicity seeking individual so he will continue this tact until no one pays any attention to him anymore.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda View Post
I think that if Hewitt was as in love with Diana as he claims and is indeed Harry's father, he should totally act like a father and do everything and anything to protect his son including keeping his mouth shut. Unfortunately, I think he is a money and publicity seeking individual so he will continue this tact until no one pays any attention to him anymore.
I totally agree with you, IF he really thought he was Harry's father, he would do everything, like Prince Charles has, to protect his son and the memory of the woman is supposibly loved. I personally think he is a great big money hungry individual who as long as people talk about him and Harry, he can stay in the lime light and maybe make more money. He has no right to mess with someones life the way he has for Harry and William. In everyway that is important, Prince Charles is Harry's father and will be for the rest of his life.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

IMO Hewitt is the only man that could make Diana completely happy. I mean by that, it's the longest love affair she has ever had and without this dummy going to Gulf and leaving her behind, it would have last alot more. Even Hasnat Khan couldn't fight back. Diana, when in a relationship, gave all that she could possibly give but found herself more hurt than anything else each time because the man couldn't reply the same 'affection'. Hewitt seems to have given it well but blinded by all this 'celebrity', he prefered to drop the lady and take the money.

And Charles is a way more respectful man than Hewitt so Harry should be happy if he is Charles's son

Because it matters...
Old 08-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Maybe an insult but it would finally stop those people spreading rumors.
I very much doubt that - people like to cling to what they believe and would just say it was a lie!
Old 08-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I'm sceptical about hypnosis and like Avalon, I think he probably did that to make people talk about it. Where I don't understand is that he had denied to be Harry's father and now he says Diana and him started a relation more than friendship in 1982. What's wrong with this man ?!
Personally I can quite see that Hewitt may well have been simply faking it in the hypnotism program, simply to get back into the limelight & hence the money. We know he is a cad of the first order already, and Diana is not around to dispute anything he puts out, so he probably felt he had nothing to lose - he could lie or pretend anything he liked to add (in his eyes) to his personal kudos and reinforce rumors that someone had already been spreading.

Tags
diana princess of wales, extramarital affair, james hewitt, paternity, prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, princess diana