The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-24-2007, 03:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSSEAN View Post
Yes they are more Diana's sons than HRH Prince Charles. Even HRH Prince William when he was born looked like Earl Spencer (his grandfather). They are both taller and broader than their father. I saw that their cousin Alexander Fellowes is a big guy too! But don't worry. The tell-tale Windsor trait is sure to show up in their children. Though I do declare that HRH Prince Harry and HRH Prince Edward resembled each other as children.
Actually, in heighth and broadness look the Duke of Edinburgh than HRH Prince Charles. William is looking more and more like a Windsor as he older while Harry at least at this point still has more of his moms Spencer features than Windsor features.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Well, honestly, considering that this stuff all stems from that idiotic hypnosis episode, I'd say the whole business is irrelevant. Just some stunt of James Hewitt's to get publicity or money or notoriety or something.
Very many people didn't see or hear about the hypnosis, so it can hardly be that.

HYPNO-DI-SED - News - Mirror.co.uk

Wharfe said in his book (2002) "The malicious rumours that still persist about the paternity of Prince Harry used to anger Diana greatly".

Which means the rumours predate the hypnosis by some years.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Wharfe said in his book (2002) "The malicious rumours that still persist about the paternity of Prince Harry used to anger Diana greatly".
Of course she was angry. Saying it's true is meaning that she lied to Charles and all the RF. I still and will always believe that Harry is Charles's son. The idea of Hewitt being his father is, IMO, based on no proof at all and nothing shows that he could have been his father.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 07-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Nobility

I believe that Harry is Charles son also and even if he weren't it wouldn't be like he's just going to switch father's, Hewitt was not the father that comforted him after his mother died.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by holley View Post
Hewitt was not the father that comforted him after his mother died.
Totally true so why bother. I mean even if Hewitt is in fact Harry's father (which I doubt), he's only his 'biological father'. He showed no affection for him (nothing that could have been reported till now) and if he loved Diana as strong as he has claimed, he would have showed more concern about Harry's future. The poor excuse of the RF telling him to stay away from Harry doesn't work on me. If he wanted to see him he could have find a way.

Because it matters...
Old 07-25-2007, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I agree that the rumours didn't start with the hypnosis session (in fact I think the rumours fuelled the interest in the TV program to contact Hewitt for a hypnosis session) but I do think if Hewitt had not done the session, the rumours would have had a lower profile than they do now. I still haven't seen any real hard evidence of Hewitt and Diana having an affair before Harry was born and unless something like that comes up, the speculations that Harry is Hewitt's son don't appear to be built on anything that is solid. Unfortunately that doesn't keep them from dominating the paper or making an impression on the average man or woman in the street.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
Unfortunately that doesn't keep them from dominating the paper or making an impression on the average man or woman in the street.
True, and it's a problem because most of people are not like us, talking about royalty and knowing pretty much on it. Of course we don't know everything but we are aware that officialy Diana and Hewitt had an affair in 1986, which means 2 years after the birth of Harry. Although the average man or woman in the street like you said in previous post I think, read the headlines of the tabloids and don't go find another source of information so it's quite difficult to convince them that it might be wrong. It's the same thing with the assassination theory about Diana's car crash. Many polls were done and most of the time people voted for the assassination theory because they only make their opinion on tabloid headlines and media speculations, they didn't 'dig' further into the scientific proof and the fact that Mohamed Fayed had hired Henri Paul which makes him, in fact, more guilty than anybody else.

Because it matters...
Old 07-25-2007, 11:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
True, and it's a problem because most of people are not like us, talking about royalty and knowing pretty much on it. Of course we don't know everything but we are aware that officialy Diana and Hewitt had an affair in 1986,
There you have the problem, everything 'known' by posters on here about Diana, was gleaned from tabloids or written by people who alter the truth to sell their books to sell more copies. Some of the story that Diana fed to Morton has since been found to be less than truthful. As we all know, officially means nothing in reality.

There are many sides to the Diana/Hewitt story and somewhere buried in the middle, the truth.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Okay Skydragon but before 1986, we don't have a clue. You agree ? So what I say is before that time who can know what really happened ?

Because it matters...
Old 07-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Nobility

Didn't Hewitt lose his job after his revelations to the media? Sorry to be cynical, but is seems that when anyone remotely connected to Diana needs some cash, they suddenly remember things that have never been revealed before. I don't give Hewitt's new or old revelations much credibility. Once you betray another person's trust you are not trustworthy. Period. The fact that they did have a relationship was confirmed by Diana, but beyond that any details can be purely a figment of Hewitt's cash hungry imagination.

Face reality! I could write a book about an alleged affair I had with Diana. I'm sure it would sell, make me famous and make me a nice wad of cash.

I think that the palace was looking hard enough for dirt on Diana during the divorce proceedings and they could easily have proven that Harry was illegitimate to further discredit her.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by qui mal y pense View Post
Face reality! I could write a book about an alleged affair I had with Diana. I'm sure it would sell, make me famous and make me a nice wad of cash.

I think that the palace was looking hard enough for dirt on Diana during the divorce proceedings and they could easily have proven that Harry was illegitimate to further discredit her.
True, but you couldn't have made her pregnant and therefore you couldn't have been Harry's father!

The palace had all the evidence they needed for the divorce, she had told anyone who watched the infamous interview with Bashir, of her affair with Hewitt, I don't think any of the royals would have discredited Diana at the expense of William or Harry, just to score extra points.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Royal Highness

inspite of the fact that hewitt sold his story to the press, or anyone else that has for that matter, are we instantly to believe that they are lying? i'm not crazy about hewitt and and anyone else that makes money from this particular situation but is it possible that they could be telling the truth and we have chosen not to believe them simply because we don't like the fact that some of things they've written aren't pleasant? having said that, i don't think this would automatically make those things true but it's a point that i haven't seen mentioned anywhere. hewitt hasn't ever made the claim that he's harry's biological father so it's come from somewhere and it's an unpleasant possibility.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:54 AM
Nobility

I am not sure I agree with you that it becomes a possibility because somebody has made the claim. On the question...'are we instantly to believe that they are lying?', I would counter-query: "Are we instantly to believe that they are telling the truth?"

I thought the norm was...we are to assume doubt until proven true.

The facts I know are:
1) the hypnosis experience of Hewitt as posted by Skydragon in post #361.
Can revelations revealed during hypnosis be accepted as true?
Can the hypnotist manipulate the process for sensationalism?

2) the admission by both the Princess of Wales and Hewitt that they had an affair from 1986. Would they be lying about the affair? Would they be lying about the time?

3) Prince Harry was born in 1984. His hair is red which is a trait of the Spencers and of Hewitt.

To me the above are inconclusive that Hewitt is the father. Maybe there are other facts still out there. Another thing, I am always curious that people (in this forum) are more ready to bash Diana over the Bashir interview than Prince Charles over his own interview about one year earlier in which he admitted adultery. I chose not to listen to both. Was Diana's so atrocious?
Old 07-27-2007, 02:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
IAnother thing, I am always curious that people (in this forum) are more ready to bash Diana over the Bashir interview than Prince Charles over his own interview about one year earlier in which he admitted adultery. I chose not to listen to both. Was Diana's so atrocious?
Yes, for me it was. IMHO you could see that Charles had a hard time telling things from his private sphere but he did it none-the-less, without flinching because he felt it had to be told. Diana's interview had a very fake feeling to it, her make-up and the way she spoke and looked very much screamed: I'm a victim, he's to blame. There is an academic analysis around in the net about how Diana blamed Charles and the Royal family, that's really interesting because it analyses the mechanics of speech she uses and shows how she worked to reach her goal. For me it was disgusting, really.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
To me the above are inconclusive that Hewitt is the father. Maybe there are other facts still out there. Another thing, I am always curious that people (in this forum) are more ready to bash Diana over the Bashir interview than Prince Charles over his own interview about one year earlier in which he admitted adultery. I chose not to listen to both. Was Diana's so atrocious?
It was fairly cringe-making. At least Charles's interview had a point - it was supposed to be commemorating his many years as Prince of Wales, but of course there was the problem that most people were really only interested in the state of his marriage and it was felt that they needed to address that if he wasn't going to be accused of hypocrisy. Diana's interview was a piece of tit-for-tat revenge, done in secret after strong advice against it by some of her friends, and it was really all about her, how she felt, what she wanted, nothing of any really great relevance to anything else. For me, the way she was portraying herself as the poor wounded victim while simultaneously claiming to be a strong woman was very unconvincing. And the comment about wanting to be Queen in people's hearts was just downright incredible. How she thought she could have said such a thing and expected the Queen to remain supportive is beyond me. In a constitutional monarchy, if the Queen isn't Queen in people's hearts, she might as well chuck it in. That was a direct challenge to the Queen, and in doing that she stepped way over any line where her actions could be forgiven. No wonder Princess Margaret was spitting nails.

But she did say she adored James Hewitt and had had an affair with him and felt really let down by him. In terms of revenge, it seems as though these rumours about Harry might be his revenge for that public accusation of how he'd let her down.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
And the comment about wanting to be Queen in people's hearts was just downright incredible.
I can't say I found that statement terribly appropriate either, if not a 'tad' pressumptuous on her behalf.

I've always felt there was something rather cheap about that admission. Whether it be playing to ones own celebrity, a dig at the in-laws or trying to amass continual public sympathy...I feel Diana could have better worded herself.

Oh, and Harry is a Windsor. There isn't a doubt in my mind! He's Prince Philip Jnr!!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 07-27-2007, 02:45 AM
Nobility

Thank you Jo of Palatime and Elspeth for the information and sharing your viewpoints. For each of those intervies, after reading about the contents in the papers, of course sensationalizing the jucier bits, I decided I did not want to watch any part of it at all as I felt it was dishonouring the Monarchy. I guess I am old-fashioned in that respect. I feel the same way about this thread, to be honest.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
2) the admission by both the Princess of Wales and Hewitt that they had an affair from 1986. Would they be lying about the affair? Would they be lying about the time?
Neither of them could afford at the time, to say anything else.
Quote:
Another thing, I am always curious that people (in this forum) are more ready to bash Diana over the Bashir interview than Prince Charles over his own interview about one year earlier in which he admitted adultery. I chose not to listen to both. Was Diana's so atrocious?
Diana's interview was seen by some as a direct attack on the queen, as others have said. If you read the interview, she never said that Charles was having a relationship with Camilla, just that he loved Camilla, when pushed to say how she knew, she said (more than once) her instinct. She seemed to come out with so many lies or avoided giving a straight answer, especially about the Morton book, she denied the amount of phone calls to Hoare, the same tactics she had used on her Stepmother. Her suggestionthat Charles was not up to the job, "And because I know the character I would think that the top job, as I call it, would bring enormous limitations to him, and I don't know whether he could adapt to that".
To me that's why people talk about it. I think Charles was ill advised to tell the country of his affair, but he never made any derogatory comments about Diana in it.

What is interesting in the interview, is that the date for the start of the affair is stated as 1989, so if the dates are constantly changed by the main players, it casts doubt on the exact date, leading to a thread like this. Nobody can say with any certainty whether Harry is James Hewitts son, because none of us were there at the moment of his conception.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Nobody can say with any certainty whether Harry is James Hewitts son, because none of us were there at the moment of his conception.
For me I decided to take on the legal view: the mother was married at the time of the birth and her husband acknowledged the child as his. Thus he is the father.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

This is the unfairness of it all. While men could have affairs it was up to recently impossible to trace an illegitimate child back to them, when women had affairs, any children from the affair were indelibly connected to them through pregnancy and childbirth. So if the husband has an affair it doesn't place a doubt on the couple's children but when the mother has an affair it does place a doubt.

Recently DNA tests have evened the score a bit and now courts can order a DNA test if a man claims he's not the father when the mother claims that he is. But traditionally women have paid more for illicit sex than men.

This is why I keep going back to the DNA test. They should just release the results and be done with it. No use having a discussion of doubt about Harry's parentage that properly belongs to the 18th century when there are tools to clear the matter up once and for all.

And about the people who will still doubt, DNA paternity tests are done with amazing frequency and are pretty common. This is not an esoteric test that only a few experts in the world can do. The test's reputation in the courts and in the minds of public opinion will carry some weight.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra

Tags
diana princess of wales, extramarital affair, james hewitt, paternity, prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, princess diana