The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2006, 11:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by enbee
actually, james hewitt met diana in 1981.so.....
i check the picsof harry and james,i found that (although i do not want that is true)form the physical appearance, harry really looks like him.
No, James Hewitt claims to have met Diana in 1981. But, earlier, he agreed with her remembrance that he met her in 1985/86. He changes his story as he sees fit. If they did meet in 1981, it was likely so superficial a meeting that Diana had no recall of it, and it surely doesn't mean that their affair began before 1985/86. Whatever the case, it is 99.9% certain that he is not Harry's biological father. The press should be ashamed of themselves (not that they ever are) for cooking that one up-it's merely a slur against a dead woman and her son.

The man is just sleazy. Probably wants everyone to think the affair began earlier, so he can continue to fuel the rumor that he is Harry's biological father and keep himself in the public eye.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Claims about James Hewitt and Prince Harry's paternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Question lingers 'After Diana': Who is Prince Harry's dad?

As the 10th anniversary of Princess Diana's death approaches, a new book takes another look at a long-dismissed claim that Prince Harry's father was actually Diana's lover, James Hewitt.
This is really ridiculous, have they seen Prince Harry's recent picture? His resemblance to his father is really striking. If they alleged Prince Harry is Hewitt's son, I'm going to start thinking of the possibility only if they prove Hewitt is in turn Prince Philip's love child, because Prince Harry does resemble his father and grandfather quite a lot.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
This is really ridiculous, have they seen Prince Harry's recent picture? His resemblance to his father is really striking.
I have to disagree with you Avalon, if you put pictures of Charles, Harry and James side by side, the resemblance to James is startling. However it is immaterial who his biological father was, he is Charles' son.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I have to disagree with you Avalon, if you put pictures of Charles, Harry and James side by side, the resemblance to James is startling. However it is immaterial who his biological father was, he is Charles' son.
I guess I'm disagreeing right back; I remember seeing a photo of Harry in camouflage and I really thought it was Charles for a moment. And there are other photos where he strongly resembles Prince Philip. The major resemblance to James Hewitt, IMO, is his colouring, which he also shares with his Spencer ancestors. To me, Diana looks a lot more like Jemima Goldsmith than Harry looks like James Hewitt.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Well I always thought Harry looked like his uncle Earl Spencer but that doesn't prove things one way or another with Harry's paternity.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-06-2007, 05:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I guess I'm disagreeing right back; I remember seeing a photo of Harry in camouflage and I really thought it was Charles for a moment. And there are other photos where he strongly resembles Prince Philip. The major resemblance to James Hewitt, IMO, is his colouring, which he also shares with his Spencer ancestors. To me, Diana looks a lot more like Jemima Goldsmith than Harry looks like James Hewitt
Having seen them in the flesh (so to speak), I hold with the view that Harry looks more like Hewitt, but then I also think Diana looks more like a Goldsmith!
Old 06-06-2007, 06:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
I'm almost convinced that Charles is the father of Harry but one thing still makes me doubt : why didn't the royal family make the parternity test public ?
It wouldn't cost a penny and would stop the rumors !

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 06-06-2007, 07:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth
I'm almost convinced that Charles is the father of Harry but one thing still makes me doubt : why didn't the royal family make the parternity test public ?
Perhaps because it didn't show a result they wanted the public to know about!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

yes but seriously a paternity test would be an insult to Diana (whether one has been done or not it should never be acknowledged)

Quote:
Perhaps because it didn't show a result they wanted the public to know about!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe an insult but it would finally stop those people spreading rumors.

Because it matters...
Old 06-06-2007, 07:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

people who spread malecious rumours are not important

Quote:
Maybe an insult but it would finally stop those people spreading rumors.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
What paternity test? There's never been any indication that one was even conducted. For that matter, WHY should the Royal Family reveal any results publicly? Simply because the press decided to doubt Harry's paternity?

Charles is Harry's father-he has been from the day Harry was born. Legally, emotionally, and, in all likelihood, biologically. A paternity test wouldn't change that, and, for once, I applaud Charles for his refusal to give credence to the rumor by paying it any attention at all.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:53 AM
Administrator

It wouldn't really matter what they did. Even if there was to be a ten-year enquiry into Harry's paternity, there would still be those who'd claim "coverup!" or "conspiracy!"

Unless the Royal Family intend to establish a precedent where every royal paternity is publicly examined, why would they do it for Harry (and his late mother)? As far as they are concerned, Harry is Charles' son; we can believe whatever we want to believe.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie
What paternity test? There's never been any indication that one was even conducted. For that matter, WHY should the Royal Family reveal any results publicly? Simply because the press decided to doubt Harry's paternity?

Charles is Harry's father-he has been from the day Harry was born. Legally, emotionally, and, in all likelihood, biologically. A paternity test wouldn't change that, and, for once, I applaud Charles for his refusal to give credence to the rumor by paying it any attention at all.
Me, too. The fact that people talk about somebody (and people talk about anybody) can't lead to the fact that from now on anybody has to wash his family's linen in public! The idea of privacy is not there because people want it but because they need it.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Even if Charles isn't the biological father of Harry, he is undoubtably the one who raised him. Hewitt, who claims to be his father, never tried to see him or anything. He's not a father to me ...

Because it matters...
Old 06-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Even if Charles isn't the biological father of Harry, he is undoubtably the one who raised him. Hewitt, who claims to be his father, never tried to see him or anything. He's not a father to me ...
As I said umpteen posts back and in the other threads where this has been discussed.... No matter who donated the sperm, Charles is Harrys father and has been since the moment the child was born!
Old 06-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
When did Hewitt claim to be Harry's father? I've never read anyhing like that. on the contrary, Everthing I've read suggests that they started their relationship when Harry was a toddler. Did I miss a news flash?
Old 06-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
As I said umpteen posts back and in the other threads where this has been discussed.... No matter who donated the sperm, Charles is Harrys father and has been since the moment the child was born!
Absolutely true ! Who was there when Diana died : Charles not Hewitt

Because it matters...
Old 06-06-2007, 08:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

well he would not have been allowed near the body even if he wanted to be there.

Quote:
Absolutely true ! Who was there when Diana died : Charles not Hewitt
Old 06-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

No but he could have taken care of Harry which he didn't do. I don't think Hewitt offered confort to Harry after the loss of his mother.

Because it matters...

Tags
diana princess of wales, extramarital affair, james hewitt, paternity, prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, princess diana