Diana and James Hewitt

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
people who spread malecious rumours are not important

TheTruth said:
Maybe an insult but it would finally stop those people spreading rumors.

TheTruth said:
I'm almost convinced that Charles is the father of Harry but one thing still makes me doubt : why didn't the royal family make the parternity test public ?
It wouldn't cost a penny and would stop the rumors !

What paternity test? There's never been any indication that one was even conducted. For that matter, WHY should the Royal Family reveal any results publicly? Simply because the press decided to doubt Harry's paternity?

Charles is Harry's father-he has been from the day Harry was born. Legally, emotionally, and, in all likelihood, biologically. A paternity test wouldn't change that, and, for once, I applaud Charles for his refusal to give credence to the rumor by paying it any attention at all.

It wouldn't really matter what they did. Even if there was to be a ten-year enquiry into Harry's paternity, there would still be those who'd claim "coverup!" or "conspiracy!"

Unless the Royal Family intend to establish a precedent where every royal paternity is publicly examined, why would they do it for Harry (and his late mother)? As far as they are concerned, Harry is Charles' son; we can believe whatever we want to believe.

sassie said:
What paternity test? There's never been any indication that one was even conducted. For that matter, WHY should the Royal Family reveal any results publicly? Simply because the press decided to doubt Harry's paternity?

Charles is Harry's father-he has been from the day Harry was born. Legally, emotionally, and, in all likelihood, biologically. A paternity test wouldn't change that, and, for once, I applaud Charles for his refusal to give credence to the rumor by paying it any attention at all.

Me, too. The fact that people talk about somebody (and people talk about anybody) can't lead to the fact that from now on anybody has to wash his family's linen in public! The idea of privacy is not there because people want it but because they need it.

Even if Charles isn't the biological father of Harry, he is undoubtably the one who raised him. Hewitt, who claims to be his father, never tried to see him or anything. He's not a father to me ...

Last edited:
TheTruth said:
Even if Charles isn't the biological father of Harry, he is undoubtably the one who raised him. Hewitt, who claims to be his father, never tried to see him or anything. He's not a father to me ...
As I said umpteen posts back and in the other threads where this has been discussed.... No matter who donated the sperm, Charles is Harrys father and has been since the moment the child was born!

TheTruth said:
When did Hewitt claim to be Harry's father? I've never read anyhing like that. on the contrary, Everthing I've read suggests that they started their relationship when Harry was a toddler. Did I miss a news flash?

Skydragon said:
As I said umpteen posts back and in the other threads where this has been discussed.... No matter who donated the sperm, Charles is Harrys father and has been since the moment the child was born!

Absolutely true ! Who was there when Diana died : Charles not Hewitt

well he would not have been allowed near the body even if he wanted to be there.

TheTruth said:
Absolutely true ! Who was there when Diana died : Charles not Hewitt

No but he could have taken care of Harry which he didn't do. I don't think Hewitt offered confort to Harry after the loss of his mother.

Last edited:
I do not know if they move in the same circles but if so I imagine he was probably not encouraged to seek contact. As it is assumed that he is not the father he has no business being near him.

TheTruth said:
No but he could have taken care of Harry which he didn't do. I don't think Hewitt offered confort to Harry after the loss of his mother.

Is this man now saying that he is Harry father? I missed that one to, but nothing this man does surprises me. If he really loved Diana, he would have keep is big mouth shut! Charles is the father!

No, Hewitt hasn't claimed to be Harry's father. He's simply revised his timeline: he now says that he met Diana in 1981, as oppsed to his earlier claim that they met in 1986. Of course, he stated this after Diana died, so she couldn't refute it. The public is then supposed to infer that Diana jumped into bed with Hewitt immediately following her wedding to Charles and that he is responsible for Harry.

Hewitt is full of something, and it isn't chivalry. :ROFLMAO:

scooter said:
When did Hewitt claim to be Harry's father? I've never read anyhing like that. on the contrary, Everthing I've read suggests that they started their relationship when Harry was a toddler. Did I miss a news flash?

I think this rumour comes from the fact that he went on a show and offered himself to be hypnotized to see if he was really Harry's father.

TheTruth said:
I just hate that Hewitt. Why suddenly he tells us that he met Diana in 1981 ?! Maybe he has Alzheimer ? Mr Hewitt you NEED to consult a doctor !
It isn't just Hewitt saying they met in '81, among others saying it, is Max Clifford.

Okay but why did he claimed that it was in 1986 before?

TheTruth said:
Okay but why did he claimed that it was in 1986 before?
In an interview I saw him do some time ago, he said something along the lines of 'It was agreed that we would say it was 1986 when Charles/Camilla, Diana and I began our affairs'. I have often wondered with whom it was agreed.

No matter who's that person he agreed with, she must be really angry today if he breaked the silence without her permission :rolleyes: .

Skydragon said:
In an interview I saw him do some time ago, he said something along the lines of 'It was agreed that we would say it was 1986 when Charles/Camilla, Diana and I began our affairs'. I have often wondered with whom it was agreed.

Okay. But, again, Diana isn't alive to refute the claim, so we have only his word for it. Well, and Max Clifford, whoever that is. I don't think anyone seriously believes that Diana would have begun a love affair with Hewitt in 1981. The first part of the year, she was engaged. The middle part of the year, she was on her honeymoon. The last part of the year, she was newly pregnant. The logistics alone defy Hewitt's claim.

ysbel said:
I think this rumour comes from the fact that he went on a show and offered himself to be hypnotized to see if he was really Harry's father.

Am I missing something? Hypnosis proves paternity? :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
Having seen them in the flesh (so to speak), I hold with the view that Harry looks more like Hewitt, but then I also think Diana looks more like a Goldsmith! :lol:

Harry has red hair, like Hewitt (and like Spencers), but personally I still see a lot of Prince Charles and Prince Philip (though I didn't have the honour of meeting them in flesh).
In these two pictures, I could tell Prince Harry is Prince Charles's son, even if I had no idea who are they.
Prince Charles and Prince Harry 1 ; Prince Charles and Prince Harry 2

sassie said:
Am I missing something? Hypnosis proves paternity? :ROFLMAO:

Didn't you know? It’s the latest achievement of the science. :D

Last edited:
Skydragon said:

I guess a hurt and vengeful Diana who believed that Charles had more than just a soul-mate friendship with Camilla could take her revenge on him on committing adultery with Hewitt. But not as long as she was considering to become pregnant again. I don't see that in her. Okay, it was quite accepted in the circles of British nobility that after heir and spare the next kids not necessarily were the children of the husband. But that was 200 years agao, when a lot of other things were acceptable as well.

No, I don't see it. As for a meeting of Hewitt and Diana: didn't she take riding lessons with him in 1981? So maybe he meant that they met back then. Have to look this up in the Ken Wharfe-book - he has some good points why Harry can't be Hewitt's son, IIRC.

i looked at avalon's pictures and to be honest...i don't see any resemblance between harry and charles, for that matter i don't see and resemblance between harry and any of the windsors. that doesn't mean i think he's hewitt's son though.

TheTruth said:
Maybe an insult but it would finally stop those people spreading rumors.

I doubt it; they'd just say that the tests had been rigged or people were lying about it. It's very hard to stop rumours. I mean, there are photos of Harry which look so much like Charles that it isn't funny, yet still people (particularly anti-Diana people) carry on as though there's no resemblance to the Windsors whatever.

Elspeth said:
I doubt it; they'd just say that the tests had been rigged or people were lying about it. It's very hard to stop rumours. I mean, there are photos of Harry which look so much like Charles that it isn't funny, yet still people (particularly anti-Diana people) carry on as though there's no resemblance to the Windsors whatever.
You're right Elspeth! IMO no matter what the family were to do there would still be conspiracy theroists who wouldn't believe. I definitly see the resemblence between Harry and the Windsors.

Jo of Palatine said:
As for a meeting of Hewitt and Diana: didn't she take riding lessons with him in 1981?

No, she took riding lessons from him in 1986.

There a fairly likely possibility that Diana and Hewitt met several times socially between 1981-1986-palace circles being rather small...but that's not an affair, and it is the romantic liasion that he is insinuating began in 1981.

It is so untaseful to talk about the paternity of someone when the mother is not around to defend "herself". If the Windsors were in doubt I think they would have done somethin about it, I dont see why people doubt.

IMO and to shut their speculations, harry is the one who looks the most like the Windsors of the two boys of Diana

sassie said:
I don't think anyone seriously believes that Diana would have begun a love affair with Hewitt in 1981. The first part of the year, she was engaged. The middle part of the year, she was on her honeymoon. The last part of the year, she was newly pregnant. The logistics alone defy Hewitt's claim.

I agree. It would be against Diana's princips to say that she was in the arms of Hewitt already in 1981 ! Every time she talked about her love life with Charles, she always said that she whished for a happy mariage with lots of children. I can't possibly believe that she could start a love affair with someone she barelly knew on her frist year of married life.

But James Hewitt didn't claim to have had an affair with Diana in 1981, he just claimed to have met her - knowing that some people would put two and two together and make quite a lot more than five, and that the rumour, once started, would grow and grow. It's so easy to sow seeds of rumour without saying anything really firm in this day and age of easy communication.

Of course, I'm just saying that meeting is one thing and having an affair is an other. So they could have just met in 1981 but nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom