The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2007, 09:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Janet, there's a more recent photo of George McCorquodale in post 288. You'll have to refresh the screen before being able to see it.
Thank you. I can see that the previous comment about the hair (texture, growth pattern etc.) and complexion are spot on. Otherwise, they look less strikingly alike than they did in 1992, but a strong family resemblance can definitely still be seen.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR View Post
The red hair is the only similiarity, and that isn't even the same texture. Prince Harry walks just like his brother Prince William,
Only in your opinion surely? I see other traits that remind me more of James Hewitt than any of Charles family. They had the same mother, so I would expect him to have some similarities with William, many traits like walking, talking, smiling, frowning etc are normally picked up from the caregivers. Having said that, his smile looks so much like James Hewitts, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Skydragon, if a DNA test was done and it was reported that it showed no relationship between Harry and James Hewitt, would you believe it was accurate and accept that Harry was Charles's son?
On that I will plead the 5th!

Old 07-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
You're quite right. But - DNA-testing back then was not what it is today and the tests were conducted when Anderson was already dead, cremated and buried. The source of the DNA-material can be doubted, which leaves the question still open. As Anderson is dead and left no kids, it doesn't matter anyway anymore.
Well Jo even inferior DNA testing on a dead woman was enough to close the question to all but the most conspiracy-minded individuals in the Anna Anderson case. If you look at the literature post-DNA tests vs. the literature before, there is a remarkable difference in the opinions of experts who have their academic and scientific reputations to consider. Before the tests quite a few experts were willing to openly consider that Anna Anderson was Anastasia but after the tests, no one with a reputation to protect would back the statement that Anna Anderson was Anastasia.

So imagine how impactful DNA results with more advanced testing on Harry and Hewitt's DNA would be.

There's always a few people who will believe only what they want to believe, but but its impossible to reason a person out of an opinion that they didn't use reason with to get themselves in the first place. That shouldn't influence the decision whether or not to take a DNA test because the majority of people don't have strong opinions on Harry's paternity and therefore, I believe a DNA test result would influence their beliefs.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Nobility

I agree with your assessment on this Ysbel. I think an advanced DNA test done with the most recent and cutting edge techniques would settle the matter beyond the shadow of a doubt.
All that would be left would be naysayers who might say that the test was a fake, or that the results were faked, or just anything that would prevent the dissolution of a much favored pet conspiracy theory.

I'm one of the people who believes that Diana did have her boys tested in 1995 and she just didn't tell them what was going on.
All it takes is a swab in the mouth, she wouldn't have needed any DNA from Hewitt, just DNA from herself and Charles and the boys.
The test works by checking for a match on the DNA strands. Both princes would contain DNA strands from both parents within their own DNA.
If the test revealed that Harry had a certain number of a certain type of DNA strands that matched Prince Charles' certain corresponding DNA strands, then that means he is Charles' son.

If he didn't have any DNA strands that matched Charles' in a certain way, then he wouldn't be Charles' son. It would certainly leave no room for doubt.

I hope Harry does get tested one day, just to vindicate his mother.

If he is not Charles' son, that would mean that his mother was a very dishonorable person, a terrible person that would attempt to pass off an imposter with the wrong bloodlines as a rightful heir in the line of succession to the throne of England. I don't believe she was like that.

I believe that at the time Prince Harry was conceived, Diana and Charles were still involved with one another. They had only been married 3 years at that time, if a lot of the books and stories written about their lives have their facts correct, then the marriage had not yet fallen apart in 1983.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I believe that at the time Prince Harry was conceived, Diana and Charles were still involved with one another. They had only been married 3 years at that time, if a lot of the books and stories written about their lives have their facts correct, then the marriage had not yet fallen apart in 1983.
If Ken Wharfs version is to be believed, then no they were barely a couple in the true sense of the word. We also have Tina Brown telling us that Mannakee and Diana were involved after all. As shown on this very forum, if it looks as though a book is set to reveal anything less than nice about Diana, it is rubbished, the sections showing Diana in a good light are emphasised, the ugly sections not mentioned or glossed over.
If as you suggest Diana took DNA samples from the boys in 1995, they would have to be thick not to understand what she was doing.

Harry will never be tested, to allow it would cast doubt on Williams parentage as well and that would be a whole new ball game!
Old 07-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Courtier

I insist this is so tacky to discuss
Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Royal Highness

think of me as a conspiracy theorist but i think that in there are many ways to attempt to prove a point there are at least equal number of ways to attempt to cover it up.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I was referring to Prince Harry's actual blood relative -- his aunt Lady Sarah McCorquodale.
Oops... I was thinking about another Sarah, and coincidentally a redheaded lady as well.

By the way, I believe that the Princess has had a love affair with several men. Maybe understandable from a human point of view. But when you think about her as a royal, it is shocking that several gentlemen (?) can claim to have slept with The Princess of Wales and the future Queen.

Sadly enough she was no exception in the then royal family.

I try to imagine what my reaction would be when I hear that The Duchess of Brabant would have had an affair with another married man. Or that one of the guards from the Royal Marechaussee would claim that he has had secret rendez-vous with The Princess of Orange, the future Queen and mother of three innocent Princesses....

But no matter how... I cán not believe that Diana would be able to carry the baby of a Guards officer, hide it for her spouse and act as if he is a rightful blood descendant to the throne. Impossible. Therefore I'm almost 100% certain that Prince Harry is the son of Prince Charles and Princess Diana indeed.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:

If he is not Charles' son, that would mean that his mother was a very dishonorable person, a terrible person that would attempt to pass off an imposter with the wrong bloodlines as a rightful heir in the line of succession to the throne of England. I don't believe she was like that.
I wouldn't say that, Tonya. For Harry to be someone else's son, all it would have taken was for Diana in a fit of sadness over her marriage to be comforted by someone other than her husband and the two to take it too far one time only. Depending on what was going on in Diana's life, it would have been an understandable mistake. The odds against something like that making her pregnant would be high enough for Diana to convince herself that Harry really is Charles' son despite a single indiscretion. And the odds would be high against someone else being Harry's father but the odds wouldn't be impossible.

On the other hand, it could also be true that if Hewitt and Diana had a dalliance, Harry could still be Charles' son as long as Diana and Charles had some sort of sexual relations back then.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
If Ken Wharfs version is to be believed, then no they were barely a couple in the true sense of the word. We also have Tina Brown telling us that Mannakee and Diana were involved after all. As shown on this very forum, if it looks as though a book is set to reveal anything less than nice about Diana, it is rubbished, the sections showing Diana in a good light are emphasised, the ugly sections not mentioned or glossed over.
If as you suggest Diana took DNA samples from the boys in 1995, they would have to be thick not to understand what she was doing.

Harry will never be tested, to allow it would cast doubt on Williams parentage as well and that would be a whole new ball game!
I think William is an entirely different kettle of fish. I haven't heard anybody say that Diana and Charles' marriage broke down irretrievably after only two months together which would be the necessary scenario for William not to be Charles' son since William was born 11 months after his parents were married.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-17-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
For Harry to be someone else's son, all it would have taken was for Diana in a fit of sadness over her marriage to be comforted by someone other than her husband and the two to take it too far one time only.
It all it takes is two people having sex, whatever their emotional state. Whether drunk as a Lord or intentionally cheating, having sexual intercourse carries the risk of getting pregnant. That's all it takes for Harry to be someone else's son, nothing to do with fits of sadness.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M. View Post
But no matter how... I cán not believe that Diana would be able to carry the baby of a Guards officer, hide it for her spouse and act as if he is a rightful blood descendant to the throne. Impossible. Therefore I'm almost 100% certain that Prince Harry is the son of Prince Charles and Princess Diana indeed.

It wouldn't be necessary for Diana to 'hide' anything. If she had a dalliance with James Hewitt, she would just have to convince herself that it was impossible that Harry has any other father than Charles' and then she would be able to convince everybody else.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well fortunately Harry is a Windsor/Spencer he's Charles' son.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:16 PM

We don't know that. Not for definate. The same as we don't know anyone's parentage unless we were there at conception or have a DNA report.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
It all it takes is two people having sex, whatever their emotional state. Whether drunk as a Lord or intentionally cheating, having sexual intercourse carries the risk of getting pregnant. That's all it takes for Harry to be someone else's son, nothing to do with fits of sadness.
True, BeatrixFan. I was merely going on the possibility of what may have happened based on what we know of Diana and Charles. I doubt Diana was in the habit of putting herself in the position of getting dead drunk and impregnated by an acquaintance.

However, she was in the habit of confiding her problems to sympathetic male friends.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-17-2007, 03:20 PM

Well she did have several sexual relationships and I can't see that every time was as a result of some emotional low. Accidents happen. Ask Isadora Duncan.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

But don't you think the Queen would've known if Harry wasn't her grandson.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:22 PM

Of course she knows. HM knowing is immaterial, it's us knowing that will drop the Windsors in the turd.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Sometimes you sound more republican then Cherie Blair, Beatrixfan!

I'm pretty sure the Queen, Prince Philip and Prince Charles all know who is Harry's father.
Based on the great likeness between Harry and his father & grandfather, I think I know that too.
Only my private opinion.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-17-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Sometimes you sound more republican then Cherie Blair, Beatrixfan!
Delicious isn't it?

Tags
diana princess of wales, extramarital affair, james hewitt, paternity, prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, princess diana