The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-03-2005, 12:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
I get the impression that Fayed still wants to become a British citizen, and very much would like to be able to move in the royal circle. He is almost obsessed with being associated with the BRF. Nothing would please him more than seeing William or Harry going to Harrod's.
Thank you Incas. That is why Mr Al-Fayed is not a sympathetic figure, but rather a pathetic one in his over the top attempts using his dead son and the late Princess for his own ends.

Old 09-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Serene Highness

There's four pictures of the statue http://www.vrtnieuws.net/nieuwsnet_m...ana/index.html there, if anyone is interested.

Old 09-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Courtier

It's too much! With all due respect, Mr. Al Fayed has made it look like Dodi was the love of Diana's life and that they would be together in the afterlife. Somehow, I highly doubt that. He raised them up to the level of Romeo and Juliet and I think they are far from that.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Well, he should have stopped to remember that William and Harry had two parents and also had Windsor grandparents as well as Spencer ones. Since it's said that William is very close to Prince Philip, accusing Prince Philip of masterminding Diana's murder isn't the brightest way of getting William to go to Harrods.
I don't think that Prince Philip had anything to do with her death. I know that he didn't care to much for her, but to say that he masterminded her death is ludicris. The fact that Diana and Dodi switched cars at the hotel completely destroys the theory.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed memorials may be about to be removed from Harrods

Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed memorials may be about to be removed from Harrods - Telegraph
Old 08-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well done , I will go the Harrod's again.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Well done , I will go the Harrod's again.

Once it happens and the royal warrants are returned I too will return to shopping there on my visits to London.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Administrator

So why did you guys stop shopping at Harrods? Because of the removal of the royal warrant or because the al Fayed's? Didn't the quality of the store go down in recent years?

Not trying to start an argument...just curious.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
So why did you guys stop shopping at Harrods? Because of the removal of the royal warrant or because the al Fayed's? Didn't the quality of the store go down in recent years?

Not trying to start an argument...just curious.
Al Fayed's accusations against Philip did it for me. I couldn't abide the man from the beginning but when he made such stupid accusations I decided that was it for me and I swore I would only return if Al Fayed was no longer the owner, the memorials were removed and the Royal Warrants returned. Until all three have happened Harrods won't get my business.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Courtier

That man has been an embarrarassment to his son's memory since the day Dodi passed away. Eight years on and he still hasn't got over it He must be a very sad and bitter old man.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Well honestly, I don't think that he should get over his son's death. He should accept it but not get over it. Its a trite expression but a true one nonetheless...... but a parent should never have to bury a child.

Now, I do think that the Mohammed al Fayed has used his grief in an irrational way. Placing blame on anyone and everyone except maybe the people who should get blamed...the paps for chasing, not having more bodyguards, Dodi and Diana for not just staying at the hotel or calling the cops, and Dodi and Diana for not wearing seatlbelts.

It was a tragic accident but it sounds like the lost of his son was something he couldn't handle. He isn't the first and wont be the last person to lose someone to death and act irrationally.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Majesty

I have no problem with him mourning his son and in fact completely understand his grief but I don't understand why he would blame Philip. Had he just said 'he believed that is wasn't a simple accident' I could have accepted that but to accuse a specific person with no evidence is what got me.

Of course the blame rests with the drunken driver he employed, the inadequate security he employed, his own son's stupidity in not wearing a seatbelt, the paparazzi who followed them and Diana's fans.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Administrator

No I agree with your assessment on all accounts. Like I said, in his grief he behaved in an irrational manner.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

IMO Fayed has to blame someone for Dodi's death, because he can't accept the fact that he is partly responsible for his son not being alive today. Its very sad no parent should bury their child, but one can't just go around accusing people of murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Diana's fans.
You mean some of her fans. I am not responsible nor will I ever take responsibility for Diana's death. Not all of her fans spent their money and time buying and reading those trashy tabloids. I don't buy tabloids nor do I read gossip blogs its a waste of time. Some people have too much interest in celebrities its not healthy. Your right some of Diana's fans are partly responsible for her death. But the key word is some.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:28 AM
Majesty

Actually the most vocal of her fans are the ones who would have bought the magazines/papers etc with the pictures in it just because she was there. The most rabid of her fans definitely contributed to her death.
You are right and I should have used the word 'some' or even 'most' but not implied 'all' as there are people who buy those magazines and papers regardless and they aren't the ones I mean.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Well honestly, I don't think that he should get over his son's death. .
I think you understood what I meant Zonk
Most parents grieve the loss of their loved one's, children or otherwise, in their own private way, not by erecting a tacky and tasteless monument for all the world to see that cries out for attention. The man is very sad and really shouldn't expect anything from the public other than ridicule.
Apologies for not making myself clearer
Old 08-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with Iluvbertie and also to me the mother of the UK's future King dancing with her one month's lover didn't not deserve a momument.
Sorry , Zonk perhaps I am oldfashioned.. kind regards
Old 08-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Administrator

My statements about al Fayed where to ask the question on why iluvbertie and others were no longer shopping at Harrods, hence the subsequent posts.

I personally find the statues kind of tacky, but it was his store and he could do what he wished with the store (as long as it didn't violate any laws). I don't think I addressed my opinions about the statues in my earlier posts...so Maria Olivia I am not sure what you are referring to.

My initial statements about his grief had to deal with crisscross statement that he should get over it. I don't think anyone even Mohammed al Fayed should get over the grief over a child. They learn to live with it and accept it never get over it. And I do agree that he acted irrational over his grief, accusing people of a crime without proof and not accepting any responsiblity.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just wanted to say that now I will return to Harrods because I didn' agree Diana's and Dodi's statue and the attitude of Harrod's owner against the British RF.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I just wanted to say that now I will return to Harrods because I didn' agree Diana's and Dodi's statue and the attitude of Harrod's owner against the British RF.
Understood. You are certainly within your rights to stop shopping at Harrods for such a reason.

Tags
diana princess of wales, dodi fayed, dolls, princess diana, statue