The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-13-2014, 08:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Diana seemed to be much more interested in people than in animals. I'm not sure that I believe this story about her and Dodi being involved in this film.

That's true, but I do indeed remember reading about the possibility of a film about elephants to in the last few weeks before the tragedy, when Diana's relationship with Dodi was heating up.

It was allegedly a project that they were going to work on together. It seems like something that was right up Dodi's alley. He was known for being a very passionate lover of animals all his life. I think Diana's star power was going to be used to put the spotlight on the issue.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
That's true, but I do indeed remember reading about the possibility of a film about elephants to in the last few weeks before the tragedy, when Diana's relationship with Dodi was heating up.

It was allegedly a project that they were going to work on together. It seems like something that was right up Dodi's alley. He was known for being a very passionate lover of animals all his life. I think Diana's star power was going to be used to put the spotlight on the issue.

If the plan did exist. I was very surprise why the movie hadn't been finished at the end. You know, if the producer let the public know it was one of Diana's last wishes to make this movie, and plus that the topic of the movie is really positive, considering the sentiment around the time--right after her death, this movie could haven been one of the best seated movies of the history. Just look at Elton John's Candle in the Wind, which is so far still the best sold single of the whole history.

Old 12-13-2014, 10:13 PM
Majesty

I hate "Candle in the Wind" more than words can say...it makes me cringe every time I hear it that schlocky, awful mess of a song!

But I agree...the curiosity factor for the Diana/Dodi would have driven sales sky high.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:07 PM
Nobility

The charity Diana talked to Richard Kay on the phone 6 hours before her accident, turns out to be an charitable institude for victims of landmines, rather than a global hospics. If you go to read the who transcript of the hearing, you would know that. However, the british media collaborately failed to report this. Hmm, I found it hard not to ask why.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=Moonmaiden23;1730777]I hate "Candle in the Wind" more than words can say...it makes me cringe every time I hear it that schlocky, awful mess of a song![QUOTE]

Oh, me, too. I was embarrassed that he was allowed to sing it in the Abbey.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:29 AM
Nobility

Concerning about Diana's saying to paparazzi "you would be surprised what I will do next" in her last summer, finally, it seems the myth is solved.

Quote:
3 A. Thinking back now over the years, it was something like,
4 "I'm going to shock them" or words to that effect, "I'm
5 going to shock them", or "I'm going to tell them", and
6 "Shock them or tell them" or "I'm going to give them
7 what they" -- something along those lines, "I'm telling
8 them I'm going to America".

9 Q. So she in effect was saying she was going to tell the
10 press about going to live in America?
11 A. That's -- after that conversation, that's what I assumed
12 she was going to say, by what she said to me, and we
13 were thinking, you know, this is going to stir up
14 a hornets' nest with the paparazzi. So I recall when
15 she went out there and when she came back, she didn't
16 say it, as I know now, and I remember the Royal
17 Protection officer, I can't remember his name, getting
18 off the boat and saying, "she didn't do it" and we were
19 like --
20 Q. Phew?
21 A. Yes.
22 Q. So in this second conversation, she said something to
23 the effect that she was going to tell the press about
24 going to America, she went out there but you
25 subsequently learned that she didn't in fact do what she

1 said?
2 A. Yes.
[ARCHIVED CONTENT] Hearing transcripts: 9 January 2008 - Afternoon session
Old 12-20-2014, 08:47 PM
Majesty

She also gave an interview before her death in which she said that she'd never leave Britain because of her sons.I can see her keeping a part-time home in the US, for vacations.

Di's Last Interview - Philly.com
Old 12-20-2014, 09:25 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
She also gave an interview before her death in which she said that she'd never leave Britain because of her sons.I can see her keeping a part-time home in the US, for vacations.

Di's Last Interview - Philly.com
Perhaps none of it was meant as moving any kind of residence to the US. Reading the various quotes, perhaps it had a totally different meaning.

"I'm going to shock them" or words to that effect, "I'm going to shock them", or "I'm going to tell them", and "Shock them or tell them" or "I'm going to give them what they" -- something along those lines, "I'm telling them I'm going to America"

There were different "stories" floating around in this or one of the Diana threads about her conspiring with Dodi, a film producer in California, about making a movie about an elephant. If she was to work with him on this project, she would have been going to America for that purpose.

I'm more inclined to believe something like this rather than that there was something serious going on between Diana and Dodi. Perhaps Dodi was schmoozing and wining and dining Diana as producers somehow do to get a production to be a huge success. No matter what we think now, back at that time having Diana. Princess of Wales as a backer for anything would sell like hotcakes.

There is no way I think that Diana would ever have moved to a country away from her sons.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-20-2014, 09:37 PM
Heir Apparent

IIRC her friend Lucia de Flima or something like that (I think?) who spoke to Diana not long before her death stated that she and Diana had discussed Dodi and Diana was not serious about him.

LaRae
Old 12-21-2014, 07:17 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Several posts have been removed as they were off-topic to this thread.

If you have questions regarding moderation of the forum, the appropriate method is to PM one of the relevant forum moderators - not to post them in-thread.

The 'Secret Tapes' thread is currently being discussed by the moderating team as to determine its value to the forum. It may or may not return shortly.

Any further discussion on this matter in-thread will be deleted.