The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 09-04-2014, 07:43 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: pinner, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,079
The 'Judgement of History' on the subject of Mr Blair will relegate his dealings with the Princess to a footnote, but will be scathing on his deceit in lying to his country, and the world in order to draw us into the illegal war in Iraq..

His name is already mud, [in his lifetime], and history will confirm it..
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 09-04-2014, 07:51 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,139
I can believe that Tony Blair was concerned about Diana's relationship with the Fayeds and tried to warn her off. The problem with the book is that he says he expressed concerns about Diana's involvement with Dodi before Diana even met Dodi. I can believe that Blair may have correctly predicted that Dodi would try and romance Diana. In fact, I can imagine that Fayed's phone was tapped so Blair may have been aware of conversations between Dodi and his father about Diana.

Regarding whether Diana would marry Dodi, I'm still not convinced. Anbrida seems to think that Dodi's father would have objected to Diana using Dodi to make Khan jealous but would have been fine with her marrying Dodi for his money.

It is even harder for me to believe given that Diana had been publicly complaining about being trapped in a loveless marriage for years. She was probably depressed and self-destructive but I can't believe that she would have decided to marry for money before she even met the gentleman involved--especially since he was engaged to another woman.

With regard to her commitment to charity, I think it is a matter of record that Diana gave very little of her own money to charity. She left no provisions in her will.

If Diana had been prompted, she would have had to admit that her greatest happiness was not charity work, it was motherhood. Anbrida would have us believe that Diana would decide to marry a man her children didn't particularly know or like. Even worse, Diana decided to inform William by phone a few days before she was due to see him in person. I'm sorry. I just don't buy it.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 09-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Guangzhou, China
Posts: 367
Transcript of Tony Blair interview by ABC network concerning Diana and Dodi's relationship

Tony Blair on Princess Diana, the Queen and Alcohol | Video - ABC News

--"I was worried for her, frankly," he said. "I mean I was worried because it was obviously going to be extremely difficult. And I wanted her to know what the implications and consequences of all of it was going to be."

--what is the issue?

--The issue was obviously it was a unusual relationship to be, the question is how you were going to work it out and how it was gonna to work out. Think about Princess Diana's become not only an object of fascination of people, she's obviously become such a public property.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 09-04-2014, 10:20 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Guangzhou, China
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I can believe that Tony Blair was concerned about Diana's relationship with the Fayeds and tried to warn her off. The problem with the book is that he says he expressed concerns about Diana's involvement with Dodi before Diana even met Dodi. I can believe that Blair may have correctly predicted that Dodi would try and romance Diana. In fact, I can imagine that Fayed's phone was tapped so Blair may have been aware of conversations between Dodi and his father about Diana.

Her step mother introduced Dodi to Diana in spring of 1997. The following is Diana's hair dresser's recall.

Quote:
Diana told Tess how she had first met Dodi five years earlier at the London premiere of the film Hook, but only really got to know him in spring this year, when her stepmother Raine brought them together at a dinner party.

"It was sort of like a blind date." Diana confided. "I thought he was quite nice, but I didn't see much of him until we met again on holiday in St Tropez in the middle of July"
Quote:
Regarding whether Diana would marry Dodi, I'm still not convinced. Anbrida seems to think that Dodi's father would have objected to Diana using Dodi to make Khan jealous but would have been fine with her marrying Dodi for his money.
Now you know why Tony Blair said Diana was a manipulate person, who know how to play on people's emotion. Even though Diana wasn't in love with Dodi, she would still be able to make him believe she was very fond of him at least. She was a good actor, her son Harry said.

Quote:
It is even harder for me to believe given that Diana had been publicly complaining about being trapped in a loveless marriage for years. She was probably depressed and self-destructive but I can't believe that she would have decided to marry for money before she even met the gentleman involved--especially since he was engaged to another woman.
In her marriage with Charles, she loved him but Charles didn't. Dodi was different, Dodi put her at No.1 place, and made her very happy. This is much easier to live with. But she was a woman with a lot of emotional baggage -- a large part of her love has already been reserved for someone. So in a short time, I don't think she could fell in love with Dodi, but as time go by she might be able to get rid of that emotional baggage. About that engagement, I find it quite confused. Kelly fisher said they were about to marry, but Dodi's father seemed have no idea of the existence of this girl at all. Otherwise, he definitely would not allow Dodi bring this girl to France. I think at least Dodi needed to introduce his bride to his father first before getting married, right? All his money came from his father, right? So weird.

Quote:
With regard to her commitment to charity, I think it is a matter of record that Diana gave very little of her own money to charity. She left no provisions in her will.
Diana left 1/4 of her properties to her 17 god children. Some of them are disable and poor. But this part of was omitted by her will carrier. It is a very famous news. Diana did give her own money to her charity privately. The following is one of the stories. And in 1997, she also privately sponsored several kids from poor countries to London to do heart surgery, according to "Diana:the portrait". I just gave a few examples here. She didn't do it publicly, doesn't mean she didn't do it privately.

QUEEN of all our HEARTS; Diana The people's Princess 1961-1997; Children could see how much she cared. - Free Online Library

Quote:
Emma May also shares the sense of shock and loss. The 16-year-old walks tall today partly thanks to Diana.

The Princess gave her money towards a pounds 20,000 operation to add six inches to her height - and encouraged and comforted her as she recovered.

Emma was born with the rare Turner's syndrome, which stopped her growing at the age of 10. Her bravery in the face of painful treatment won her a "Champion Children" award in 1991, which Diana presented.

She said: "I wrote to her afterwards telling her about the operation. I didn't expect her to send any money, but I wasn't surprised, because she was so terribly nice. I wrote back to thank her, and the correspondence went on quite a while.

"They were lovely, chatty letters, but she always asked me not to disclose what she wrote and I never will. Not even if I was offered thousands of pounds for them.

"She was like a friend, and I shall treasure her letters always."
Quote:
If Diana had been prompted, she would have had to admit that her greatest happiness was not charity work, it was motherhood. Anbrida would have us believe that Diana would decide to marry a man her children didn't particularly know or like. Even worse, Diana decided to inform William by phone a few days before she was due to see him in person. I'm sorry. I just don't buy it.
She said those words herself, I didn't make it up for her. But her boys were in boarding school, and finally will go to live their own life. If a mother is too attached to her sons, and draw all the happiness from them, it is actually very bad for both the mother and sons. And no Diana was not about to get engaged immediately, at least not before Kelly Fisher's law suit was settled down. The phone call was definitely not about engagement. It was more likely about her intention.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 09-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Guangzhou, China
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreats View Post
As for Richard Kay, he made his entire career on gossip about Diana and by exploiting her fragility and insecurities. She's been gone for 17 years and he still doing it. So I always take things he writes a grain of salt.
The hospice things were not something he wrote on his paper, it was his testimony to the jury of Diana's death law case.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 09-04-2014, 12:04 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,452
I didn't believe for one second that Diana would've jumped from one marriage that was filled infidelity and then go on to marry a man who was a playboy. I just don't think she would've complicated her life and her children's life in that way.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 09-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,006
The issue was the Fayeds!!! They were "bad news". Dodi's father used the honorific "Al", which he wasn't even entitled to. He bribed members of Parliament. The British government wouldn't give him citizenship in spite of the fact that he employed a lot of British people in his businesses. Generally, a person who is willing to invest a lot in a country can get citizenship unless there's something bad in his/her background. People who own large businesses and thereby help the British economy can even get knighthoods. There's something sinister about Mohamed Fayed when even his money can't speak for him. This is a man who accused Diana's father-in-law of killing her. The Duke of Edinburgh is a man who fought for the Allies in World War and has dedicated his life to helping Queen and Country.


Mohamed Al-Fayed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Quote:
Originally Posted by anbrida View Post
Transcript of Tony Blair interview by ABC network concerning Diana and Dodi's relationship

Tony Blair on Princess Diana, the Queen and Alcohol | Video - ABC News

--"I was worried for her, frankly," he said. "I mean I was worried because it was obviously going to be extremely difficult. And I wanted her to know what the implications and consequences of all of it was going to be."

--what is the issue?
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 09-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: central valley, United States
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbrida View Post
...
Now you know why Tony Blair said Diana was a manipulate person, who know how to play on people's emotion. Even though Diana wasn't in love with Dodi, she would still be able to make him believe she was very fond of him at least. She was a good actor, her son Harry said.
....
I have been following this discussion with much interest, and although my own thoughts are still not settled regarding the issues and possibilities discussed, one thing I did want to comment on was the above quote.
I think it's pretty much the consensus that Diana deceived Charles, his friends and his family when during the courtship she claimed to love the country and outdoorsy pursuits and then practically the minute the ring was on her finger she abandoned that lie. So I agree, that if she wanted Dodi to believe she was in love with him, she was certainly capable of doing so.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 09-04-2014, 06:08 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Guangzhou, China
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I have been following this discussion with much interest, and although my own thoughts are still not settled regarding the issues and possibilities discussed, one thing I did want to comment on was the above quote.
I think it's pretty much the consensus that Diana deceived Charles, his friends and his family when during the courtship she claimed to love the country and outdoorsy pursuits and then practically the minute the ring was on her finger she abandoned that lie. So I agree, that if she wanted Dodi to believe she was in love with him, she was certainly capable of doing so.
She told many people, many time in the public that she loved Charles. In Dodi's case, she never told any friends that she loved Dodi, she said most "he made me really happy." Never ever once she mentioned love. She didnt tell lie about her emotion.
But why people must assume that she would only marry for love. When you are in your mid 30, when your life is so complicated that so many thing has to worry, love is not the only thing to think.

Think about Charles, was he in love with Diana when he marry her? No. Why he had to marry her? He tried many other girls, but they all rejected him. He has too much baggage to take on. Could he waite until the right one appear? Sure. Why he didnt wait, because he was not confident the right one would appear, because a big part of his love was reserved for someone, the right one already belonged to other people. In this case he felt quite lucky there was acctually one girl dare to take on him, so he jumped into the boat after merely 13 dates.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 12-09-2014, 11:33 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Guangzhou, China
Posts: 367
I found a story about Diana and Dodi wanted to "co-produce" a movie concerning landmine and conservation issue in Africa.

The movie was introduced to Diana by Dodi, because he thought the story was perfect for her. Diana wanted the movie to include a scene about Brad Pitt being rescued by Mambo (an elephant) from the mine field, to highlight the issue of landmine.

Quote:
"Maybe it could be a whole minefield. That would be a perfect way to draw attention to the terrible evil of those awful weapons. After what I have seen there is nothing more wicked than landmines."
And she also suggest a name to the movie

Quote:
She had suggestions. The film should be: "A cry from the wild. A film that would enable people to understand these extraordinarily intelligent and sensitive, gentle creatures so that they, too, would join in the fight to save them from further suffering and ultimate extinction".
The moving story of Diana and Mambo--An elephant like no other

However, the producer had a nickname for the movie -- "Free Willy with Tusks".
New Straits Times - Google News Archive Search

The movie would cost 60 million USD. A report said it might be funded by Al Fayed.

Quote:
"Princess Diana, romantically linked in the British Press yesterday to film maker Dodi al-Fayed could "co-produce" a film in the Eastern Cape. Mambo, a story of an elephant herd's journey through war-torn Africa, is expected to be filmed in the Eastern Cape with financing from Mr Al-Fayed...Mr Thomas said Mr Al-Fayed may give Diana a $60-million "gift" - the amount needed to make the film, because it dealt with issues important to her such as the horrors of landmines and the culling of animals."
Wild Net Africa | The Beauty of the African Wilderness
Secret of Di's movie tribute. - Free Online Library
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 12-10-2014, 02:34 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Guangzhou, China
Posts: 367
Not a story about Diana and Dodi, but the following story suggests that Diana's idea that Mambo, the elephant can save Brad Pitt from minefield is not a total fantasy. Elephant might really have the ability to avoid landmine.

Quote:
Elephants "Learn" to Avoid Land Mines in War-Torn Angola

Since the end of the war in 2002, elephants have begun to go back to the Luiana Partial Reserve in Angola's sparsely populated Cuando Cubango province that borders southwest Zambia and Namibia (see Africa map).

Chase said that when the initial migration began a number of elephants had their trunks and legs blown off by mines, condemning the animals to agonizing deaths. But the elephants that followed since have avoided those areas.

"I don't know if elephants have 'learned' to avoid land mines, but my limited observations suggest they might have," he said.

"Once I overlay the movements of our five satellite-collared elephants with the location of [the known] mine fields, it would appear that they were avoiding these areas."

Evidence that elephants are avoiding the danger zones is supported by his team's observations on the ground, he added.

"We have not seen any evidence of elephants being blown up or injured by land mine explosions in the three years we have been working in this area," he said.

"Incidents of elephants being injured or killed by land mines used to happen often when elephants were chased over these areas by people."
Elephants "Learn" to Avoid Land Mines in War-Torn Angola
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 12-10-2014, 02:47 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbrida View Post
I found a story about Diana and Dodi wanted to "co-produce" a movie concerning landmine and conservation issue in Africa.

The movie was introduced to Diana by Dodi, because he thought the story was perfect for her. Diana wanted the movie to include a scene about Brad Pitt being rescued by Mambo (an elephant) from the mine field, to highlight the issue of landmine.



And she also suggest a name to the movie


The moving story of Diana and Mambo--An elephant like no other

However, the producer had a nickname for the movie -- "Free Willy with Tusks".
New Straits Times - Google News Archive Search

The movie would cost 60 million USD. A report said it might be funded by Al Fayed.


Wild Net Africa | The Beauty of the African Wilderness
Secret of Di's movie tribute. - Free Online Library
That's a really cool story. Explains why William is so into saving African wildlife. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
__________________
One of my friends is fundraising for and hoping to adopt at least 2 of the 3 of these special needs orphans. Please give/ help now!
Go to Reece's Rainbow, and donate torwards the adoption of Holland, Starr, and Grace- Ann!
My avatar is my RH- that is the exact RH I have in my heart constantly!
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 12-10-2014, 11:09 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Guangzhou, China
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
That's a really cool story. Explains why William is so into saving African wildlife. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
It is possible. But he has never said his interest is inspired by his mother. He did say in public that it was inspired by his father and grandfather. So I am not very sure. But "free Willy with tusks" does shock me. Sounds like a prophecy.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 12-10-2014, 11:23 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,214
Was just a thought. Don't know for sure either!
__________________
One of my friends is fundraising for and hoping to adopt at least 2 of the 3 of these special needs orphans. Please give/ help now!
Go to Reece's Rainbow, and donate torwards the adoption of Holland, Starr, and Grace- Ann!
My avatar is my RH- that is the exact RH I have in my heart constantly!
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 12-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,006
"Free Willy" was a movie about a whale that was freed from captivity. Willy was the whale. Free Willy (1993) - IMDb

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbrida View Post
But "free Willy with tusks" does shock me. Sounds like a prophecy.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 12-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
That's a really cool story. Explains why William is so into saving African wildlife. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
I doesn't surprise me that Diana would be interested in doing something like this and perhaps that is the meat and the potatoes why Diana and Dodi were together so much. It also sounds like it could be behind the obscure thing we heard around that time that Diana said. Something to the effect of "Wait till you see what I do next". To me, it really sounds like something Diana would get excited about doing.
__________________
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 12-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,006
Diana seemed to be much more interested in people than in animals. I'm not sure that I believe this story about her and Dodi being involved in this film.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 12-12-2014, 04:21 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Guangzhou, China
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Diana seemed to be much more interested in people than in animals. I'm not sure that I believe this story about her and Dodi being involved in this film.
I found four independent sources for this movie. The earliest one is on Aug 11, 1997 from a Malaysia's newspaper "The New Straits Time", which I can guarantee to you definitely a serious paper. So I think the story is quite reliable. And one of the co-producer of the movie, Adrian Gardiner is a sponsor of Tusk Trust. For example the tusk trust prince william award this year was held in Draycott hotel, which belongs to Adrian Gardiner.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 12-12-2014, 02:46 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,006
I suppose it's possible that plans were in the works for this movie, but I think that it would have been talked about more in the media in the aftermath of Diana's death had there been firm plans about it. I think that she would have told Richard Kay about it, for example, and perhaps other friends.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 12-13-2014, 08:11 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Guangzhou, China
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I suppose it's possible that plans were in the works for this movie, but I think that it would have been talked about more in the media in the aftermath of Diana's death had there been firm plans about it. I think that she would have told Richard Kay about it, for example, and perhaps other friends.
Well it had been mentioned once immediately after her death, on Sep 7, 1997
Secret of Di's movie tribute. - Free Online Library

But I agree with you, rationally it should have been mentioned more. To me there are two possibilities: (1) the movie plan had never existed or (2) some people in the high place don't want this kinds of news to be acknowledged by the public. I tend to believe the latter. To be specific, I think the press had deliberately cover up her activities associated to landmine campaign, because I saw an evident example how they did that.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diana and Dodi Statue Unveiled; D&D dolls for sale on eBay (2005) iowabelle Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 122 12-11-2014 06:52 PM
Princess Badiya bint El Hassan To Marry Khalid Blair mybags Royal House of Jordan 35 04-12-2009 12:02 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail farah diba fashion and style fashion poll grand duke jean greece infanta elena jewels kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week power prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess mette-marit's dresses queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats the duchess of cornwall eveningwear


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises