The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Gentry

rappers

I didn't think P. Diddy was as pointless a performer as Kanye West. OH PLEASE On my tv there were more beeps than intelligble words the entire time West was on!

Old 07-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Hundreds of empty seats at Diana concert

Organisers of Prince William and Prince Harry’s memorial concert for their mother could have sold more tickets but left it too late, it has emerged

Hundreds of empty seats at Diana concert | Uk News | News | Telegraph
Too bad because some people would have paid alot of money to be there ...

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 07-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought it was intentional not to sell tickets for the seats that remained unoccupied - the stage was right in the middle of the stadium and if they sold tickets for the other half, people over there wouldn't be able to see anything.

This is my opinion only though.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness

CONCERT FOR DIANA
Take a look at the greatest moments of one of the most important events of the year - "Concert for Diana", held last night at the London Wembley stadium.
Javno
Old 07-02-2007, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
I thought it was intentional not to sell tickets for the seats that remained unoccupied - the stage was right in the middle of the stadium and if they sold tickets for the other half, people over there wouldn't be able to see anything.

This is my opinion only though.
You're right according to the Telegraph article, but it also says that apparently the number of obstructed seats was overestimated, so there were many of those which could have been sold, allegedly. This is what I seem to understand from the Telegraph article. It is a bit confusing the way it's written, however. I might be wrong.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Commoner

On t.v it looks like some parts were empty but they needed to be - down the 2 sides were completely full then the opposite end - furthest away from the stage was full on some levels & bare on others but like I mentioned before there was a large mast which would have blocked the view but from that far back I doubt you could see the stage anyway. I was lucky enough to be in the v.i.p section & it was completely full & the stadium looked packed - only when you see it on t.v you see the spaces [I was sitting directly in front of mario testino though I only realised this after about 90 mins when i turned around & had to do a double take!]
Old 07-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily97 View Post
Does anyone else think that it looked like the Princes walked up and stopped Sir Elton John early? I think he was going to sing more songs and perhaps end the night with Candle In The Wind. After all it has been said by many that the Princes had requested him to sing it. I think they had to stop the show early due to having to end the concert by 10:30 pm. Any thoughts by others?

Lily
i doubt it. it seems like the whole affair was pretty tightly scripted. william and harry wouldnt have gone on stage before the appointed time.

these types of events are usually not tied to set in stone end times. whenever you have something live its normal for it to have an estimated ending time but you cant force it to end exactly on the dot.

if they had been planning to have something as big as closing with another performance of Candle in the Wind, I'm sure they would have made sure to go through with that and not decide to cut it at the last second.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:02 AM
Serene Highness

I really enjoyed the entire concert, although I can't say I'm a huge Tom Jones fan, I think it was great overall. I love the National Ballet's performance; absolutely beautiful! I really wish that Elton John had played Candle in the Wind.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
You're right according to the Telegraph article, but it also says that apparently the number of obstructed seats was overestimated, so there were many of those which could have been sold, allegedly. This is what I seem to understand from the Telegraph article. It is a bit confusing the way it's written, however. I might be wrong.
They had over estimated the amount of seats that would not have had a view of the stage and although they tried to sell them on the website, it was too late for most people. Some people decided not to go because of the weather and of course the attempted bombings.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sir Elton rages as princes' security guard makes him walk to post-gig party

As a member of rock 'n' roll royalty, Sir Elton John does not take kindly to being outranked.

Not even by Princes William and Harry.

Sir Elton rages as princes' security guard makes him walk to post-gig party | the Daily Mail

OLD TIMERS OF ROCK HIT AND MISS

THE Concert For Diana was brilliant ... even if some of the acts were well past their sell-by date

The Daily Record - NEWS - News Feed - OLD TIMERS OF ROCK HIT AND MISS

....add to the awful oldtimers Ferry & Tom Jones! Quo were as usual brilliant!
Old 07-03-2007, 05:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaLynn07 View Post
..... I really wish that Elton John had played Candle in the Wind.
I am really glad he didn't. It would have been entirely inappropriate.

When he played it at her funeral it was a beautiful haunting modern-day Requiem. The concert was to celebrate her life, and it did so in grand style. P Diddy and the Royal Ballet? Something memorable for everyone.

To have played 'Candle in the Wind' would have been instant deja vu, wallowing in remembered grief if you will. Far better the triumphant celebration of her life and her legacy, not least of which are two handsome sons.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Gentry

I totally agree with you Marg, Candle in the Wind would have broght tears in everyone's eyes and that wasn't the purpose of the event.

By the way i think p diddy was great, he really dedicated his whole performance ti Diana unlike other artists.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Courtier

Here video the interview with William and harry on Concert for Dian

Old 07-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
Here video the interview with William and harry on Concert for Dian

very interesting to see. thank you for posting this link.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Serene Highness

Private Moments At Princess Diana’s Funeral Rock

Private Moments At Princess Diana’s Funeral Rock » Celebrity News & Gossip : Anorak
Old 07-03-2007, 11:41 PM

It took me a while to register at this forum, but anyway, just wanted to say that I really enjoyed most of the concert; there were some performances I didn't enjoy (just not a fan in particular) but that didn't ruin anything for me. I even enjoyed P. Diddy's performance, maybe I'm biased because I love that song, and I heard the Princes like it as well and that's why he played it. But it almost brought tears to my eyes, like many of those "Diana & Me" moments, there were so great! Especially when they showed the person there at the stadium.

Actually, weren't all or most of the songs chosen by the princes themselves?

And, for a second there, I thought/hoped Beckham would introduce a surprise comeback performance by the Spice Girls, lol.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Sir Elton rages as princes' security guard makes him walk to post-gig party

As a member of rock 'n' roll royalty, Sir Elton John does not take kindly to being outranked.

Not even by Princes William and Harry.

Sir Elton rages as princes' security guard makes him walk to post-gig party | the Daily Mail
while i really like elton john as a performer i've read, far too many times over the years, about his temper and overblown ego. he can be so nauseating when he does this. the sad thing is once upon a time he probably could have had his way in a situation like this but now he's 60 years old and while still respected around the world as a performer, i have this to say about his outburst....honey...your hayday is ooooooovvvvver!
Old 07-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think it has anything to do with Elton or any other star being in his prime or not. Simply times have changed. The security measure was also for his benefit as well. I don't think his temper would have improved if someone drove a flaming car into the after party area when he was there.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Commoner

I did not see the concert, but I have been told that someone sent greetings to Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary. Is that true?
Old 07-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Yes, Elton can be a handful. Have you ever seen the movie of his concert tour! Even he later admitted his behavior was outrageous.

I chalk it up to having to be in the closet for 30 something years before he came out. I think at that point, he didn't want to live to please anyone else ever again.

But he's still one of my favorite musicians, I'd just have to tell him to chill out every once in a while.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra

Tags
concert for diana, diana princess of wales, prince harry, prince william, princess diana