Concert For Diana: July 1, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:clap: Bravo to the Princes for putting together a wonderful show in honor of their mother. I really enjoyed it. I loved the wide range of performers, from Elton to Kanye to the ballet, and the wonderful personal stories. Diana would be so happy!

Yeah Kate was there, I think beside her brother.

The press is now saying she and William only split for 4 days, I obviously do not know if they are still dating but if not she was with William while planning this concert and should be there romance or not.

Now, i have no doubt: they back together! She was very "first-lady" in that box. And your mother was the "mum of the bride". It's a shame

I was wondering the same thing. :(

They did say something about how the princes asked him to sing it, but he told them never again after the funeral. It was too hard for him to get through it.

Do not believe me, but I THINK I listened, or read somewhere.. that he wouldn't sing that song again.. (don't know why though)

Again I don't know if I read, or listened right..

Any one else wondering why Take That played "Back For Good" as the only one of their older songs? - wonder if William joined in in the singing.....

Whatever I said, whatever I did I didn't mean it
I just want you back for good
Whenever I'm wrong just tell me the song and I'll sing it
You'll be right and understood

And we'll be together, this time is forever
We'll be fighting and forever we will be
So complete in our love
We will never be uncovered again

Do not believe me, but I THINK I listened, or read somewhere.. that he wouldn't sing that song again.. (don't know why though)

Again I don't know if I read, or listened right..

You're right, he said once that he would never sing the song again. At first, it was dedicated to Marilyn Monroe but he hadn't met her. For Diana, it was like a special 'edition', you know what I mean ? Perhaps it's better he didn't sing it, would have remind me her death, not her birthday ...

Did anyone of you recognise Prince Amedeo of Belgium. I think I saw him in a flash, sitting somewhere next to Princess Eugenie?

I love the home video clips of Diana as a young child. It was a wonderful end to the show.

The concert was FABULOUS, the boys did an excellent job. I wished the whole time I watched that I could have been there a part of it. Alas, I am on the wrong side of the ocean :-(....However the 'celebration' mood was absolutely translated across the Atlantic. I think my favorite part was when Nelly Furtado was singing 'Maneater' and William was swinging his arms. What a cool guy!

What a wonderful concert, Harry & William have done a great job. :flowers:

Well I have to admit that tears just ran down my face when Rod sang Sailing & P Diddy sang Missing you.

I think that the boys & all involved did a wonderful Job. Like someone said, she is looking down & enjoying herself. The boys did their mother proud today & also, did themselves proud also. Job well done.:flowers:

:clap: Bravo to the Princes for putting together a wonderful show in honor of their mother. I really enjoyed it. I loved the wide range of performers, from Elton to Kanye to the ballet, and the wonderful personal stories. Diana would be so happy
Yes, I totally agree.

& Frankly, I am very very glad that Elton did not Sing CITW. You don't won't to end on that sad note. & am happy that he did not sing that song.

Well I'm a year younger than Diana and my first album was Elton John and I grew up with Donny Osmond but Tom Jones is even a little before my time!

I don't care Elton John is good no matter how old he is. I never was a fan of Duran Duran though and couldn't understand why Diana was a fan. Duran Duran appealed more to my sister's generation that was about 10 years younger than Diana. My generation really didn't care for them that much.

I was thinking of Tom Jones (okay, a national icon), Rod Stewart and, yikes, Donny Osmond. Elton John I adore, although I can remember when people thought he was straight -- although he stopped producing the good music when he got clean. And have Duran Duran been in storage all this time?? They were popular for about 15 minutes. (But to be honest, I hardly know any of the "new" popular stars. :rolleyes:)

Thank you to the Princes for organising this excellent tribute to their mother. Thank you to Avalon and others who diligently posted these pictures. I, too, was like 'The Truth' - could not access any direct coverage. These pictures convey to me a wonderful, happiness pervaded concert. What a beautiful way to remember the one and only Diana.

I have to agree with everyone else, a perfect time had by all. I must say though I did not see all the seats filled and tried my best to get tickets here via the internet and could not, I so would have loved to have been there! I think everyone, including the Princes, outdid themselves and Diana is indeed proud and smiling.

Lily

I just finished watching the concert. The boys did a wonderful job. I was just sorry to hear the "rappers" use such HORRIBLE language, and was very surprised they were included. The only bad thing on the whole concert IMO.

The Princes really pulled up something! They looked really relaxed and proud. A little bit clumpsy for dancing :ROFLMAO: but what the heck. It was meant to be a true celebration of Diana's life, and I think every artist succesfully fulfilled that aim.

I was really looking forward to Take That performance, and they didn't dissapoint me at all (well, maybe Mark Owen's shirt was clearly screaming "Burn Me", but still). Elton John, not playing Candle in the Wind...well THAT was weird, but I think its absense also contributed to the no-tears-today purpose.

Kate Middleton in the audience...shheeeshhh how odd not to see her with William...she must have felt really odd as well. Chelsy Davy was behaving very correctly, but I'm sure she would have loved to cuddle with Harry during TT's "Back for Good"...

Last edited:
I was thinking of Tom Jones (okay, a national icon), Rod Stewart and, yikes, Donny Osmond. Elton John I adore, although I can remember when people thought he was straight -- although he stopped producing the good music when he got clean. And have Duran Duran been in storage all this time?? They were popular for about 15 minutes. (But to be honest, I hardly know any of the "new" popular stars. :rolleyes:)

Yikes, I don't like Rod Stewart either. Donny Osmond was cute when he was about 12 but I haven't kept up with him. I still love my original Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album though.

BTW, you all probably know this but the lyrics to Candle in the Wind were written by Bernie Taupin, Elton John's lyricist and good friend. Bernie had had a teenage infatuation with Marilyn Monroe and wrote a song first entitled "Goodbye Norma Jean" which then changed to "Candle in the Wind" which was released on the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album in 1972.

When Diana died, Elton (who can't write lyrics to save his life) asked Bernie to re-write some lyrics to commemorate Diana. So the song is not just Elton's; both he and Bernie should own the copyright to it. So its possible that the agreement between Elton and Bernie for the re-write was that it would be played/available for a limited time only.

I thought that William looked kind of sad in some of the pictures whereas Harry looked happier, could it be that it was more fun because Chelsey was nearby? I can't help but think that William missed Kate, so close but yet so far? They couldn't really interact. I keep looking closely at the pictures looking for some hidden sign, are they together not together. :)
Proud of the boys though for putting this together, so positive of them. Wonder what their Dad and Grandma thought?

So is it safe to say that the young girls sitting behind Will and Harry were their Spencer cousins?

Dunno But I Somehow think that Kate and William are just fooling the press.......when Take That Sang "Back for Good " I Kept thinking "Sit with each other I See your in Love" Chemistry like that just doesent go kapoot and the fact that her parents were there shows no hard feelinngs And That William dropped his Snotty Friends ........or that those stories were fake I Just Keep thing of JFK jr lol Plus they couldve met up at the afterparty and shes been reportedly been spending time at Clarence House.

So is it safe to say that the young girls sitting behind Will and Harry were their Spencer cousins?

That is what I believe, Christina. I think directly behind W & H were Earl Spencer's daughters, and then next to Zara and Peter there was Laura Fellowes. I am sure the rest of them must have been in the same row but it was impossible to notice everyone with the short glimpses.

Back
Top Bottom