The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-11-2006, 01:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo's Girl
Diana also had a low self-esteem that she brought into that marriage. That must not have been easy.
i would agree with you! when Diana was younger and she never learn to right as Royals lesson to become Royals but her dad is Earl but she is 19 years old and she fell in love with Prince Charles of Wales when she was 16 years old and lots interest on him

Old 05-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Gentry

[quote=Queen Mother]Actually I scan them from my books. :)

Here is the link to my other scans. Hope you enjoy.
http://img225.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=playwills9ff.jpg[/quote

Well , I may be a year too late, but have just found this link. Your collection is absolutely amazing!! Loved all the photos
of Diana.. She was so gorgeous ! I love the ones with her and Charles. It would appear that they did have something for a very short while.. < ed Warren > Thank you for these photos..
Regards
Kate:) :)

Old 05-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Aristocracy

You know, looking back and seeing the wonderful photos of Charles and Diana happy, just makes me a little teary eyed. Oh, the thought of what could have been if the love was reciprocated. And seeing this pictures again makes me feel a little something for Charles; like he did try to be happy with her.
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-15-2006, 07:33 PM
Nobility

I thought that Charles and Diana made a very good team. He gave his speeches and she charmed the crowds. The people that used to come and see them, unbelievable. What was it one time in Japan, 500,000 on the streets of Tokyo?
Old 05-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo's Girl
I thought that Charles and Diana made a very good team. He gave his speeches and she charmed the crowds. The people that used to come and see them, unbelievable. What was it one time in Japan, 500,000 on the streets of Tokyo?
I think he gave rather good speeches. However , as it has come out, he was jealous of her effect on the crowds.. had he gotten over this, or looked at this situtation in a different way, they would have made the greatest team!! Diana saw that possibility...:) and then after the War of the Waleses(*) began, that was a leaverage she used with relish!
I believe they did have happy moments as some of these wonderful photos show us..
Old 05-19-2006, 06:46 AM
Commoner

I think she loved the idea of being in love and at 19, diana needed and wanted to be cared for but sadly it didn't work out for her.May she rest in peace
Old 05-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Nobility

Now when I see their engagement day interview and the reporter asks if they are in love and Diana first answers, "Of course!" and then Charles says, well , we know what he said.... Anyway, am I the only one who notices a slight sarcasm / jokiness / naughtiness in her voice as she says it? It doesn't sound as sincere as I would like, but maybe it just because of her inexperience with being interviewed,etc. I think Charles has taken so much heat for what he said (rightly so) but Diana's response was kind of awkward too. I do think they loved each other but more as friends.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I know a lot of men who choke up when you ask them if they love...even if they do. Now a lot of guys don't but I've seen enough of them that do that convince me it seems to be a guy thing. :)
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Cool video where you see Charles and Diana during their visit to the Cannes Festival in May 1987. As a french I can tell that Charles speaks very well this language lol.
Sorry the video is only in french. The interesting part with the speech is at the end.
Lady Diana et le Prince Charles d'Angleterre au Festival du Film Cannes - Ina - Archives pour tous

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 06-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Serene Highness

Sneak preview: Whatever Love Means

Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday, news, sport, showbiz, health, femail, comment | the Daily Mail
Old 06-12-2007, 06:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

OMG, these actors don't look AT ALL like the real persons. Even if the film is poor, they could have made an effort on that (I thought that "Camilla" was looking like Fergie). Thanks for posting

Because it matters...
Old 06-12-2007, 07:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth
OMG, these actors don't look AT ALL like the real persons. Even if the film is poor, they could have made an effort on that (I thought that "Camilla" was looking like Fergie). Thanks for posting
I've seen part of this movie and was especially shocked by the actress who played Diana. The "Camilla"-character was okay because the way she behaved had some plausibility to it. But the actress who played Diana was bad, really bad. While she had a slight resemblance to the young Lady Diana, she had a very offending and ugly way to pout and sulk. Then there was a scene when they were engaged. Diana confronted Charles with her demand that he should get completely rid of Camilla. He refused declairing that Camilla is just a friend and then Diana really makes him a scene, starts crying etc. Whow, is this actress ugly at that moment...

But the movie is not really worth watching. IMHO.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't understand why they make a movie, we already had the real story with the real characters lol.

Because it matters...
Old 06-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

I saw this movie and I liked the actress who played Camilla. But the actress who played Diana was really bad.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Isn't this the same film we all discussed in the Charles and Camilla thread in 2005? It certainly looks and sounds like it!
Old 06-13-2007, 02:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katemac63
I think he gave rather good speeches. However , as it has come out, he was jealous of her effect on the crowds.. had he gotten over this, or looked at this situtation in a different way, they would have made the greatest team!! Diana saw that possibility...:) and then after the War of the Waleses(*) began, that was a leaverage she used with relish!
I believe they did have happy moments as some of these wonderful photos show us..
I agree! Had it been a true "love match" they could have worked togethor as a team and done great things. Instead it became a popularity contest between them. It seems quite petty to be jealousy of your spouse's popularity.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
It seems quite petty to be jealousy of your spouse's popularity.
I think it had more to do with attention rather than popularity. As we know from this Forum [TRF], clothes and tiaras will generally outshine the more sedate and serious. This may be the way of the world (witness Paris Hilton), but for someone who believes they have something of significance to say it would be frustrating if attention is directed elsewhere and they felt "drowned out". The great tragedy is that in the early days of the marriage they had the world at their feet, and what they could have achieved together can only be imagined. The combination of Charles' ideas and Diana's allure could have formed the greatest 'sales team' on the planet, but it was not to be.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Royal Highness

there was a discussion going on in one of the other threads about whether charles was looking for a "mother" figure in the women he chooses. i think he does look for that. i think that was what he first saw in diana and loved about her. however that alone won't keep a couple together and when he saw the whole package it was then that he realized it but a small piece of the puzzle. interesting also that someone mentioned in another thread that while charles wasn't so needy he was the one that found true love but where diana needed constant reassurance she was one that didn't find her soulmate. i thought this was a very interesting point.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Royal Highness

I think I missed something.
Can you explain what the 'mother figure' was in the shy, unsecure and childish young lady who became befriended and later engaged to The Prince?

The 19-years old Lady Diana Spencer can be labelled in many ways, but a 'mother figure' is the less logic characteristic I would think about.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:31 AM
Royal Highness

Well just prior to the engagement, we heard the stories about how she talked to charles about the death of his uncle lord mountbatten and showed him her caring and comforting side...much like a mother. i suppose this can be interpreted in any number of ways but to me it shows that she was trying to show that side of herself, putting her best face forward. another way, IMO is how she updated his look and style of dress again much like a mother. i think that inspite of her shyness, the "mothering" description is applicable. she was a nanny, then a preschool teacher, took a "mothering" role with her brother when they were children, was always drawn to children and the elderly during her public engagements and then of course with her own children.

Tags
diana princess of wales, marriage, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana