The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-26-2015, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Duran Duran drummer tells how IRA nearly killed his band, Princess Diana and Prince Charles in gelignite concert bomb plot-
Duran Duran drummer on how IRA nearly killed band, Princess Diana and Prince Charles | Daily Mail Online
Brilliant police/security work!

Old 09-10-2015, 01:42 AM
Aristocracy

I must be the only person who wasn't aware of the possible existence of this child?

Watch Video Princess Diana’s Secret Daughter Sarah Meets With Prince Charles

Old 09-10-2015, 01:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

No chance the story is genuine. Have no fear.

Petrie dish babies ('test tube babies') were the stuff of science fiction in 1980. (I realize that 1978 was the first such but it was too new a process to be done the way described. IMO)
Old 09-10-2015, 02:00 AM
Majesty

I thinks it's absolute fantasy/folly/garbage. There is no daughter, secret or otherwise.

The fact that this fable first found it's legs on the pages of Murdoch's tabloid rag The Globe should tell us all we need to know!
Old 09-10-2015, 02:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Exactly so.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:55 AM
Majesty

When you think about it, you're not the only one because there is not, but what can you do when you run out of women willing to wail for yet another "I gave birth to an alien" story. The original story was a fiction novel but, I guess someone thought, 'oh wouldn't it be loverley'.

They missed out on Queen Wallis so I guess they think a second shot at an American Queen looks good. I have to admit to laughing at the "little succession problem", but never mind, you have to admire the author of the subject novel insisting "it could happen" . . . she's laughing all the way to the bank!
Old 09-10-2015, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I think I saw a supposed photograph of this 'daughter' once, on the front of one of these supermarket rags. They photoshopped an enormous brown wig onto a photo of a young Diana!
Old 09-10-2015, 09:59 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Up next in The Globe is the amazing story of how Diana and Charles' secret daughter went on to keep her secret hidden yet showed her parent's traits to draw crowds each week as she starred as the lovable, furry alien named Gordon Shemway in the hit series ALF.

Believe me, anything is possible with The "all powerful and all knowing" Globe.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-10-2015, 10:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
I must be the only person who wasn't aware of the possible existence of this child?

Watch Video Princess Diana’s Secret Daughter Sarah Meets With Prince Charles
Hah! and over at Henry's relationship rumours they have me delusional for sugesting a possible reunion with Chelsy!! At least I am not fabricating random babies.

The cheek!!
Old 09-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Hah! and over at Henry's relationship rumours they have me delusional for sugesting a possible reunion with Chelsy!! At least I am not fabricating random babies.

The cheek!!
Yet...but given your talent for fantasy ....

LaRae
Old 09-11-2015, 02:45 AM
Majesty

Sorry, regardless of her incredible and riveting imagination, The Globe will always win by dint of the sheer number of delusional nutters on staff.

But, is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Old 02-25-2016, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Washington Post

Charles and Diana got engaged 35 years ago. This writer knew they were doomed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d=ss_tw-bottom
Old 02-25-2016, 04:46 PM
Majesty

This was probably an unpopular article at the time it was written. As 'doomed' as the marriage was, I have to say that Diana did manage to carve out a role for herself that no-one saw coming; and I'm not referring to her faults. I think that she was probably seen to be more mature than she was because of the way she handled the press while they were chasing her around London. She was able to control her behaviour while in public, and so people had no idea of how erratic she was in her private life. Any evidence that she could be emotionally unstable was dismissed as 'pre-wedding nerves'. Lady Diana needed a few more years as a single woman and, ultimately, a partner who'd be able to spend more time really getting to know her before they married. Charles couldn't give her what she needed and she couldn't give him what he needed. That's the tragedy of the whole thing. Was there ever a real meeting of the minds before they wed? Who knows?
Old 03-06-2016, 01:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well, 35 years later Diana's immaturity in the videos is glaring. Sorry to say but her behavior makes me wince. One hardly knows what to say.

In a way, both participants were caught in the public's aristocratic fantasy (and perhaps their own) of arranged royal marriages long over (though they knew it not). Charles (a young man who would prove prescient and forward thinking in so many other ways) proved hostage to his own upbringing, understandably succumbing to familial pressure (which in his case was a weight of centuries of historical expectations), trusting (one assumes) to Diana's aristocratic background and knowledge of the family to make things work. One could see him thinking that surely Diana understood the historical dynastic union upon which they were entering. That Diana and he were so out of sync is the tragedy for more than just them.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Washington Post

Charles and Diana got engaged 35 years ago. This writer knew they were doomed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d=ss_tw-bottom
Wow, he had a Crystal Ball - and looked into it. He has foreseen nearly everything...... well, except the divorce.... (he predicted, there CAN´t be a divorce. Yes it can....)
BYe Bine
Old 03-13-2016, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't quite know whether this fits into this thread. However, I just think it has some reflections on Charles after his divorce and the influence of Diana on his parenting and some other things.

Diana: the last days part 11; The three princes at Balmoral. - Free Online Library
Old 03-13-2016, 08:03 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for posting very interesting

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-13-2016, 08:35 PM
Majesty

Well, I have to admit that any article where even the author is not named, let alone the "sources" has got to be suspect in any normal person's opinion. This goes doubly or even triply for any article about such a contentious issue.

The glaring lack of corroboration leads me to believe this is yet another paper picking over the bones for cash. It seems that invention really is the mother of money!
Old 03-13-2016, 08:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

What we know..Charles and Diana were no longer enemies before her passing. Their relationship improved beautifully, their sake and for the kids. Diana did go on to accept the reality of Charles's relationship with Camilla.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-13-2016, 09:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Sorry, that was my fault for not noting the sources.

It is from 'Diana, the last days' by author Jean Rafferty and was serialised in the 'Scottish Daily Record and Sunday' from August 1998.

Tags
diana princess of wales, marriage, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana