The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #881  
Old 05-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
No matter how many times Diana's supporters post that Charles permitted his PR people to say negative things about Diana, it didn't happen. Even Andrew Morton admits that Charles told his PR people not to criticize Diana...
Unfortunately, even with all the facts that he didn't *go* public, Diana fans will say "there must be a reason why she chose to go public with her attack, she wouldn't have done that, if someone hadn't gave her no other choice" and by that someone, they will always assume it's Charles...
One of the reasons why it's very very very sad that she died when she did, is that she will never have the chance to rise above that divorce and move on; so now her fans will never move on either, because they will probably betray her if they did...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #882  
Old 11-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,013
Rare Video: NOVEMBER 9, 1985-
Scenes were shown from the royal visit of Prince and Princess Charles to President and Mrs. Reagan at the White House. These scenes include their lunch and dinner arrivals at the White House and toasts from the dinner-

Royal White House Visit | Video | C-SPAN.org
__________________

__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
Reply With Quote
  #883  
Old 12-30-2014, 02:45 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 899
I think if you talk to professional marriage councilors you would find out that a man cheating has nothing to do with the woman he cheats on but everything to do with his values and morals. But I will leave at that


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #884  
Old 12-30-2014, 07:47 AM
Cris M's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Niterói, Brazil
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I think if you talk to professional marriage councilors you would find out that a man cheating has nothing to do with the woman he cheats on but everything to do with his values and morals. But I will leave at that


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I see you're willingly ignoring the fact that the wife had five lovers and that she started her first affair three years before her husband got a mistress.

So I don't think the wife had a lot of morals and values either.
Reply With Quote
  #885  
Old 12-30-2014, 07:56 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
I see you're willingly ignoring the fact that the wife had five lovers and that she started her first affair three years before her husband got a mistress.



So I don't think the wife had a lot of morals and values either.

I think your ignoring that fact he had a lover before and after his marriage


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #886  
Old 12-30-2014, 08:00 AM
Cris M's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Niterói, Brazil
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I think your ignoring that fact he had a lover before and after his marriage


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
There are many sources that say he had no affair between 1981 and 1986. But what are you trying to say? That the fact his husband had an affair justifies the fact she had five lovers?

Your double standards are lovely.
Reply With Quote
  #887  
Old 12-30-2014, 08:03 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 899
You believe your sources and I will believe mine ..


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #888  
Old 12-30-2014, 08:06 AM
Cris M's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Niterói, Brazil
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
You believe your sources and I will believe mine ..


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Okay, as you have no arguments, you'll ignore the questions you can't answer.
Reply With Quote
  #889  
Old 12-30-2014, 08:09 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 899
Not worth replying or continuing


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #890  
Old 12-30-2014, 08:13 AM
Cris M's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Niterói, Brazil
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Not worth replying or continuing


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Very predictable.
Reply With Quote
  #891  
Old 12-30-2014, 08:24 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: pinner, United Kingdom
Posts: 775
What is clear, however is that the Princess had multiple affairs,whilst married, but her husband had only one.. To me, that speaks VOLUMES...
Reply With Quote
  #892  
Old 12-30-2014, 08:34 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 4,830
What it boils down to is that the marriage was kaput or else neither of them would even think about looking elsewhere for anything. What the affairs were, how long they lasted and when they started is supposition as we have no concrete facts on any of it other than hearsay.
__________________
“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
Reply With Quote
  #893  
Old 12-30-2014, 08:49 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,973
I am not sure this is the place to debate either the causes of the breakdown of the Wales' marriage, nor as to who took lovers first, or how many. Perhaps it is best if this conversation focussed on Diana's Royal Orders.
Reply With Quote
  #894  
Old 12-31-2014, 02:39 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,606
Besides, the whole Charles/Camilla/Diana conversation just goes around and around and around. Positions are entrenched on both sides. Unless new information comes to light--and even then--people have chosen their sides and are sticking to them. I don't get involved with these conversations for that reason.
Reply With Quote
  #895  
Old 12-31-2014, 03:45 PM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,013
You can't help but laugh at the thought of people comparing how many lovers a couple had than the other. Folks, it doesn't matter, one affair or even the very thought of an affair, is enough to take a marriage and throw it in the garbage. What Charles and Diana did was totally wrong. Forget about hurting the Monarchy. The Monarchy has been through worse things than the 'War of the Waleses'...if you know history. They hurt their own little family. Charles and Diana had a beautiful family at home and their silly actions forever changed what they had.

Marriage is tough for everyone, yes, even for royalty. Charles and Diana had a great deal of pressure on them. They had the stiff and rigid expectations of the "Firm" on their backs, the people of the UK and Commonwealth and the media. When one isn't getting the proper help they needed to save their marriage and family life, it was only going to lead to a disaster one way or the other.

It's over and it's been over for a very long time. Diana is no longer alive and no one can turn back the hands of time. Charles has moved on and is happy once again. Their children, William and Harry, are adults and one has a family of his own. The Charles & Diana saga died long time ago, but I still remember the good times. Everything about this couple wasn't bad. The love Charles & Diana shared helped produce two fine young men and for that I think Charles & Diana was very thankful...and we should be thankful too.
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
Reply With Quote
  #896  
Old 01-01-2015, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
You can't help but laugh at the thought of people comparing how many lovers a couple had than the other. Folks, it doesn't matter, one affair or even the very thought of an affair, is enough to take a marriage and throw it in the garbage. What Charles and Diana did was totally wrong. Forget about hurting the Monarchy. The Monarchy has been through worse things than the 'War of the Waleses'...if you know history. They hurt their own little family. Charles and Diana had a beautiful family at home and their silly actions forever changed what they had.

Marriage is tough for everyone, yes, even for royalty. Charles and Diana had a great deal of pressure on them. They had the stiff and rigid expectations of the "Firm" on their backs, the people of the UK and Commonwealth and the media. When one isn't getting the proper help they needed to save their marriage and family life, it was only going to lead to a disaster one way or the other.

It's over and it's been over for a very long time. Diana is no longer alive and no one can turn back the hands of time. Charles has moved on and is happy once again. Their children, William and Harry, are adults and one has a family of his own. The Charles & Diana saga died long time ago, but I still remember the good times. Everything about this couple wasn't bad. The love Charles & Diana shared helped produce two fine young men and for that I think Charles & Diana was very thankful...and we should be thankful too.
I have to disagree, Dman. I think it does matter. First of all, many marriages survive affairs. I also think most, if not all, survive the thought of an affair.

Second, the number of her lovers has mattered to you because you have pushed back on reports that she slept with Barry Manakee and Will Carling.

None of us know exactly what happened in the marriage but many people's opinion is based on the fact that Diana got her side of the story out first. She revealed Charles's affair but failed to disclose her own extramarital affairs, including the very real possibility that she was sleeping with more than one man at the same time. You may not be shocked by that but I confess that I was.

At the same time, there are people (including me) who distrust Diana's version of events because she wasn't honest about her own affairs. She only admitted to the affair with James Hewitt after he went public.
Reply With Quote
  #897  
Old 01-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,606
I agree with this view. As much as I appreciate Diana's public work and her good qualities, I certainly don't believe everything in her version of things--starting with the Morton book in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
She revealed Charles's affair but failed to disclose her own extramarital affairs, including the very real possibility that she was sleeping with more than one man at the same time. You may not be shocked by that but I confess that I was.

At the same time, there are people (including me) who distrust Diana's version of events because she wasn't honest about her own affairs. She only admitted to the affair with James Hewitt after he went public.
Reply With Quote
  #898  
Old 01-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I have to disagree, Dman. I think it does matter. First of all, many marriages survive affairs. I also think most, if not all, survive the thought of an affair.

Second, the number of her lovers has mattered to you because you have pushed back on reports that she slept with Barry Manakee and Will Carling.

None of us know exactly what happened in the marriage but many people's opinion is based on the fact that Diana got her side of the story out first. She revealed Charles's affair but failed to disclose her own extramarital affairs, including the very real possibility that she was sleeping with more than one man at the same time. You may not be shocked by that but I confess that I was.

At the same time, there are people (including me) who distrust Diana's version of events because she wasn't honest about her own affairs. She only admitted to the affair with James Hewitt after he went public.
Yes, some marriages survive affairs, but not all. There are always two sides to every story and no one has said that Diana's story hold more water than Charles's.

What I'm saying that, the number of lovers really isn't important. Charles & Diana slept with someone other than each other and that did the most damage.

Also, the tabloids came up with all kinds of stories about Charles & Diana's love affairs. Some of the stories are so old and others ran with it, that a lot of it stuck. As royal commentator, Victoria Arbiter once pointed out, there were so many rumors about this couple that's it's nearly impossible to debunk them all.
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
Reply With Quote
  #899  
Old 01-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yes, some marriages survive affairs, but not all. There are always two sides to every story and no one has said that Diana's story hold more water than Charles's.

What I'm saying that, the number of lovers really isn't important. Charles & Diana slept with someone other than each other and that did the most damage.
I think the number of affairs does make a difference in the consideration of whether to try and save a marriage. At the same time, I also believe that the fact that Charles loved Camilla more than he loved Diana was also problematic. As was the fact that Diana was 'in love' with James Hewitt at the time she offered to reconcile with Charles and have a third child.

However, I agree that the actual affairs weren't the basis of the problem in the marriage. The real issue is that they were emotionally unsuited for each other. I think Charles loved her, but not as much as he loved Camilla. On the other hand, I think Diana had a crush on the Prince of Wales but was not 'in love' with Charles.

The major other problem was her mental illness. Charles didn't understand it and did not give her the attention and constant validation she craved. Some people think that her constant neediness was her fault, but that is not fair because she was mentally ill and didn't understand her own needs. Eating disorders and personality disorders were not well understood in the early 1980s.

Other people think that Charles's lack of understanding was a failure on his part. My response to that is that few people can give someone who is mentally ill the amount of attention they want. There is a reason that the divorce rate among the mentally ill is so high.
Reply With Quote
  #900  
Old 01-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,013
No doubt that Charles and Diana had some issues, whether in their marriage and personal, but the thing that really did them in is they didn't get professional help. Their friends and family didn't offer much help either. Their loved ones should have gathered around them and offered their love, attention and support. There was no time to take sides, divide into camps and become 'unnamed' sources for the media and tabloids.

The marriage probably was going to fail no matter what, but at least they could have had the proper help and guidance to resolve their marital issues privately, respectively and with consideration for their children. Archbishop of Canterbury, Robert Runcie, could have offered them marriage counseling. Just my thoughts, BTW.

It's all over now and no one can go back and do things differently, so none of it really matter anyway.
__________________

__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
diana princess of wales, marriage, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Charles and Diana Picture Thread Josefine Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 433 07-30-2015 07:17 PM
Charles and Diana: Visit to Italy - 1985 jun5 Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 57 09-02-2012 09:35 PM




Popular Tags
australia best outfit camilla carl philip chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events death duchess of cornwall fashion fashion poll felipe vi funeral germany hereditary grand duchess stéphanie infanta leonor king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king philippe king willem-alexander letizia maxima nobility official visit picture of the week president gauck president hollande prince carl philip prince charles prince daniel prince of wales princess ariane princess beatrice princess charlene princess leonore princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary style princess mette-marit queen elizabeth ii queen fabiola queen letizia queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima fashion queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia queen sonja royal fashion sayn sofia hellqvist spanish royals state visit sweden the hague united states of america victoria wedding willem-alexander


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]