The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Part way down Charles' back there is what looks like a 5th arm though. That's the questionable part.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Part way down Charles' back there is what looks like a 5th arm though. That's the questionable part.
That's just his sleeve, I think.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:22 AM
Majesty

It looks to me as if there is another person there tapping Charles on the shoulder as you can see one hand of Diana's in front and then there are two behind him - one at his shoulder and one at his waist.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

That's Diana's arm around his shoulder. Though it's a bit fuzzy, you can see the blue rock on her ring finger.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:03 AM
Majesty

So there is still another hand on his back. She either has her hand on his shoulder or in the middle of his back but she didn't have three arms as far as I am aware and there are clearly three arms - two from Diana and another one from someone else.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

No, I don't think there's an extra arm on his back. I see something that looks like it could be her three-quarter sleeved cardigan-covered arm behind his back, but I think that is just the edge of Charles' short-sleeved shirt and the shadow of Diana's arm.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Majesty

Pages from the November 18th 1989 issue of HELLO! magazine, telling of Prince Charles and Princess Diana's royal tour of Indonesia and Hong Kong:
Hello! Magazine November 18th 1989* - Princess Diana Remembered

Looks like they had a great time touring Indonesia & Hong Kong.

Charles & Diana's Official Tour of Korea: 1992
http://www.princess-diana-remembered...-of-korea.html

The Wales Family Holiday in Spain with The King & Queen 1990:
http://www.princess-diana-remembered...-of-spain.html

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the article about the tour of Korea.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Thanks for the article about the tour of Korea.
I think they did some great things together and represented The Queen, UK and Commonwealth pretty well.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Nobility

An article about Oliver Hoare telephone call

Schoolboy with a grudge was Oliver Hoare telephone pest - News - The Independent

I think part of the problems of their marriage is because of the popularity of Diana among people. Charles is a pride but not confident man. In his eyes, Diana was a silly girl who can not even pass one O-level test. However, just with a pretty look, a wonderful smile, she got so much praises from the press and public. Charles must feel extremely unfair on this part.

Just like if you see a friend who you think has no wisdom nor insight can achieve a very easy success by good look, you must loath that and begin to distant yourself from him/her.

And I don't think Charles pay much attention to Diana's work either. Never heard a speech in which he praised her work when she was alive. The only time he said something about her work was after her death in South Africa.

On the other part, Diana also had some grudge herself. She must have thought, even though I had brought so much popularity into your family, but no one from this family had ever given me any praises or showed me any appreciation. For her lifetime, Diana had never received any medal about her work. But Camilla already had one. I think Diana was not sophisticated enough to know that, actually the more popular your are the more resentment you would get.
"I, Diana Frances, take thee, Philip Charles Arthur George, to be my lawful wedded Husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I give thee my troth."
-- Diana Spencer, July 29th 1981
Old 08-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbrida View Post
This article does not prove anything. The Independent claims it made "inquiries" Inquiries to whom? It quotes a "source close to Diana" and it also quotes a school official who refused to comment. Where are the quotes from police sources? If they had confirmed Diana's claims, the Independent would have reported that.

I really wasn't aware that Diana had tried to smear a schoolboy until some Diana fans repeated her slurs to defend her memory. If the so-called humanitarian lied about a teenaged boy who hadn't done anything to her, imagine how many of her allegations against Charles were untrue.

Up until a few weeks ago, I believed that both Diana and Charles were equally at fault in the breakup of their marriage. Some of Diana's fans have begun to convince me that Diana bore most, if not all, of the responsibility for the couple's problems.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Majesty

"Up until a few weeks ago, I believed that both Diana and Charles were equally at fault in the breakup of their marriage. Some of Diana's fans have begun to convince me that Diana bore most, if not all, of the responsibility for the couple's problems."

I think you may have reached those conclusions on your own. Both Charles & Diana had problems and contributed to the breakdown of their marriage together. Laying all the blame on Diana to make Charles and/or other parties to look good is very unfair and very much unnecessary.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Courtier

Diana's public lie that a child was to blame for the calls Diana made was very unfair and very much unnecessary.
I think false accusations are a big deal--especially when used to divert blame from oneself. Thanks for bringing this incident to my attention.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Majesty

Diana didn't place all the blame on the little kid. The little kid made some calls but she very publically admitted that she called Mr. Hoare many times. She never really lied that she didn't make any calls.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Diana didn't place all the blame on the little kid. The little kid made some calls but she very publically admitted that she called Mr. Hoare many times. She never really lied that she didn't make any calls.
But the little kid didn't make any of the calls. If he had, there would have been a police source. The Independent only talked to Diana or someone on her staff. The police think she made the calls. IIRC, Diana's original defense was that she didn't know how to use a phone box--which was ridiculous.

She falsely accused the child of criminal behavior. How would you feel if that were you? What if that were your child? It's inexcusable.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:41 PM
Majesty

I actually remember the story that a little kid did make some of the calls. I think I even heard other royal historians or royal correspondents talk about this very situation and mention that the little boy made some of the calls. He probably didn't know what he was really doing.

Diana wasn't perfect though. It was a rough time for her, Charles and the other parties involved. They all were making big mistakes but then again, that's what humans do. It's not an excuse but that's just how things are.

There was some bad days but they weren't all that bad. That's why I also focus on the good days and great times.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I actually remember the story that a little kid did make some of the calls. I think I even heard other royal historians or royal correspondents talk about this very situation and mention that the little boy made some of the calls. He probably didn't know what he was really doing.
How would royal historians or royal correspondents know? They are probably basing their conclusions on "sources close to Diana." She was mentally ill but, as a mother herself, she should have known better. How can anyone hurt a child like that?
Old 08-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Majesty

Did she hurt a child? I don't remember hearing about the child crying endlessly or losing sleep over this situation.

Diana and Mr. Oliver Hoare was the ones being naughty here. The only person that should've been upset about all of that was Mrs. Hoare. I'm sure everyone has moved on from all that old drama after all these years.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Did she hurt a child? I don't remember hearing about the child crying endlessly or losing sleep over this situation.
At least the child was never publicly identified, you have no idea what happened to him. The paper asked the school about a specific child who had been expelled. His friends and family knew who it was. The family didn't come forward to protect the child's privacy. Diana knew how to manipulate people.

Also, the Hoare children were obviously hurt by the persistent and upsetting phone calls to their parents. It was a horrible thing to do.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
At least the child was never publicly identified, you have no idea what happened to him. The paper asked the school about a specific child who had been expelled. His friends and family knew who it was. The family didn't come forward to protect the child's privacy. Diana knew how to manipulate people.

Also, the Hoare children were obviously hurt by the persistent and upsetting phone calls to their parents. It was a horrible thing to do.
I agree, Diana & Oliver was hurting other people but so was Charles and his current wife.

Dr. Maya Angelou

Tags
diana princess of wales, marriage, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana