Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Clip of Charles Tickling Diana:
ilovethebritishroyals

Picture:
Charles & Diana with Young William or Harry in Pool at Highgrove-
http://rememberingdiana.tumblr.com/post/34300022481
It doesn't look like she likes being tickled there...

Old 06-28-2013, 10:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
It doesn't look like she likes being tickled there...
I think that he just poked her

Old 06-30-2013, 03:47 AM
Aristocracy

I've alway been a Charles basher but after going through some of their old pictures I'd like to believe they were in love.

I'm assuming their personalities aren't suited to each other and of course there were other factors like Camilla Parker Bowles, the age difference that came in.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:37 AM
Commoner

When Diana died, I went out and bought every single newspaper, magazine, EVERYTHING I could find. I'm in Los Angeles, so not only did I buy everything local, I had access to all the NY papers, etc. of course the magazines came out later. I'm getting ready to move and I don't think I can bring this box with me. Do you think this is something worth selling - do any of you think a collector would be interested? I'm going to post this in another Diana forum, but in the meantime, I thought I'd ask here first. Any advice or comments would be appreciated. It's a regular file box, filled to the brim, carefully tended, and in excellent condition. The newspapers were all the first news editions of the tragedy. Thanks, Magdalene (P.S. I don't know who else to ask!!! I don't know <<in my "real" life >> anybody who is fascinated by the Royals like me!!!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:17 AM

-You have everything you want, beautiful children, you can have any man. What more do yo want?
--My husband. Princess Diana & Camila Parker Bowles.

I wonder what would happen if Diana be here?
Old 07-17-2013, 03:25 AM
Gentry

^^^Is this a quote of something Diana said?
Old 07-17-2013, 03:41 AM
Majesty

This is a quote by Diana of something she claimed she said to Camilla and Camilla's reply - never confirmed by Camilla as ever having been said.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:03 AM
Courtier

This is one of several version she gave to what she claimed to have said to Camilla when she crashed her sister's 40th Birthday.

Her driver/guard gave several different versions.

No one at the party confirmed anything.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes. Either in audio tapes recorded for Andrew Morton, or video tapes recorded by Peter Settelen, during the War of the Wales'. She alleges it took place in 1989. If she said it, she might have been having a tiff with James Hewitt at the time and felt the need for a bit of extra attention.

Diana tapes tell of Camilla clash | Mail Online
Old 07-17-2013, 07:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Yes. Either in audio tapes recorded for Andrew Morton, or video tapes recorded by Peter Settelen, during the War of the Wales'. She alleges it took place in 1989. If she said it, she might have been having a tiff with James Hewitt at the time and felt the need for a bit of extra attention.

Diana tapes tell of Camilla clash | Mail Online
Thanks for the link Roslyn, I hadn't read about that particular tape. It just demonstrates Diana's contradictions. She was having an affair in 1989 (and had at least one before that) but in her mind, the only barrier to getting her husband 'back' was Camilla. Confronting your husband's mistress may be satisfying, but the only way to save a marriage is to work on your communication with your husband.

I don't believe for one minute that a medical doctor told Diana that her problem "lies with her husband" and that the doctor could get her completely well within six months.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:53 AM
Majesty

It was a hurtful time for both.

I always found it interesting that Diana talked to Camilla at the party. Where I come from, the ladies wouldn't be talking but one would've been choking the other. For some, it's choke first and talk later.

I've seen women do some interesting stuff. I've learned not to get any of them mad.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Serene Highness

A lot of it depends on the woman. Some women would yell and scream at the other woman or get into a catfight with them. Others would just ignore the situation. Until you have experienced this, it's very easy to say what you will do and what you actually would do in such a situation.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
This is one of several version she gave to what she claimed to have said to Camilla when she crashed her sister's 40th Birthday.

Her driver/guard gave several different versions.

No one at the party confirmed anything.
She did NOT 'crash' the party. She was invited, but expected to decline. Crashed is is when one appears at a party to which one has not been invited.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Majesty

No, Diana didn't crash the party. Both The Prince & Princess of Wales was invited.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-21-2013, 07:42 AM
Courtier

She was not invited. What is the source of this fiction?

Why would you think Annabel Elliot would invite Diana to her Birthday party?

One of her version is she saw Charles leaving and decided to follow him to see where he was going. (If she was invited why would need to follow him.)

Another version is she saw him leaving and she jumped into the car and they had a fight while driving to the party.
In both of these versions she was not invited.

Her driver/body guard gave several versions both IIRC stated she was not invited. IIRC, he said when they arrived at Annabel Goldsmith's house, Diana sat in the car trying to get the courage to go inside.

It she was invited why would she arrive as dinner is being served and they would have to add a plate for her?

She crashed the party and them told different versions of what happened.

Versions:
Went downstair to the playroom where C&C where sitting on the couch talking.
Interrupted conversation of Camilla with several men. (MIght be the tapes broadcast on NBC.)

Then there are the multiple versions of Camilla's reaction.
Camilla says nothing but stare/and opened the door for Diana to leave.
Camilla says nothing but stare/laughs.
Camilla makes the 'What more do you want?' comment.

The version I like the best is: Diana asking Camilla why does Charles prefer her. Of course, Camilla doesn't answer in this version.

Another part of this story is Diana became close to Annabel Goldsmith because she after crashed Annabel Elliot's BD party Diana just starting dropping by Annabel Goldsmith's house to ask her questions about Camilla.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:03 AM
Courtier

If Charles was invited it would off looked very odd not to invite his wife. Diana was bought up in high society if she had off crashed the party it would have made headlines cause people would off loved that. I doubt Camilla would off replied what could she have said?
Old 07-21-2013, 08:29 AM
Courtier

It was a birthday party for Camilla's sister not a formal occasion.

Camilla and Charles were a couple in 1989. Diana was with James Hewitt.

It has been 24 years since it happened and no one who was INVITED to the party has ever said a word.

Only Diana, James Hewitt and Diana driver/body guard have ever spoken about the event. If Diana and her friends had kept their mouths shut no one would have known that she crashed a birthday party.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Majesty

Both Charles & Diana was invited to the party but Charles thought Diana wasn't going to the party. At the last minute, Diana got dressed and was ready to go.

Charles & Diana had a lot of fun attending parties early on although I do remember a story about them attending a party Princess Anne hosted at Gatcombe. Charles & Diana attended but upset Anne by acting like they were at an official engagement and they left rather early. That's just one story though.

There are pictures on the net of the two attending private or public parties and them having a ball.

Quote:

It has been 24 years since it happened and no one who was INVITED to the party has ever said a word.

Only Diana, James Hewitt and Diana driver/body guard have ever spoken about the event. If Diana and her friends had kept their mouths shut no one would have known that she crashed a birthday party.
Well, I'm kinda glad Diana was invited and at least confronted Charles's mistress. She had a right to do so.

If I was in a situation like that, I most likely would've confronted my wife's boyfriend too. Although there wouldn't be any talking.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

AGAIN, 'crashed' means not invited. If she was invited, but considered not likely to attend, and decided to come to the party she was invited to, it is NOT crashing a party.

I am not sure how old you are Queen Camilla, but I am old enough to remember when it actually happened, not what I read in Penny Juror's trash.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
AGAIN, 'crashed' means not invited. If she was invited, but considered not likely to attend, and decided to come to the party she was invited to, it is NOT crashing a party.

I am not sure how old you are Queen Camilla, but I am old enough to remember when it actually happened, not what I read in Penny Juror's trash.
Presumably you were not a guest at the party so your version of the truth must be taken from someone elses "trash".

Tags
diana princess of wales, marriage, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana