The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Aristocracy

Merging is very nice, Warren, but you should drop the "1983," since the Niagara Falls visit was during the 1991 Canadian tour. Harry of course hadn't even been born in 1983.

Old 12-31-2006, 01:03 AM
Administrator

Done. Thanks.

A note to posters: could the date, or at least the year, be included in links, pics etc so we have the correct context. I've edited the Niagara Falls posts to include the year.

Old 12-31-2006, 08:06 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
Diana visited Canada 3 times.
1983, 1986, and 1991.
sorry about that. forgot about the expo visit.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Commoner

Princess Diana Photos

Princess Diana when she visited Kingston Ontario

http://www.ragtimedesign.com/ragtimekidd/diana.htm
http://www.ragtimedesign.com/ragtime...lbum/index.htm
Old 04-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Serene Highness

Diana in Canada - 1986
Diana meets the people of Vancouver on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Diana speaks with the crowd on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
keeping an eye on Diana on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
She had those “Diana Eyes” on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Who was that guy? on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Serene Highness

In Australia - 1983

Territory Images External Search: 10674
Territory Images
Old 04-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Serene Highness

Canada - Klondike dress - 1983
Princess Diana's Klondike Dress Worn in Canada on Royal Tour

Canada -1986
Princess Diana, Vancouver '86

Expo'86 - opening day
Opening Day -- Expo 86
Old 04-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Commoner

Does anyone have pictures of Diana in a white, one sleeved gown on her 1983 Australian tour? I can't remeber whether this is where she wore it, but I think its the same one she wore to a flim premier also. Any help would be appreciated!!
Old 06-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Serene Highness

Expo'86 in Vancouver - 1986
ACI Online
ACI Online
ACI Online
ACI Online
Old 06-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilar View Post
Beautiful pics, gfg02! I'd never seen some of them before.
Do you know if they started canadian tour this day?
if i'm not mistaken, this wasn't the beginning of the tour. they began this tour on the east coast of canada. i may be selectively thinking this as i live on the east coast but i seem to remember the media bringing attention to the fact that they would be here on williams birthday.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Serene Highness

P/M David Scott being presented to H.R.H. The Prince of Wales & H.R.H. The Princess of Wales prior to piping them to dinner at Fort Edmonton Park, 29 June, '83. Mayor C.J. Purves in background
http://www.epspipeband.ca/images/His...otos%20022.jpg
http://www.epspipeband.ca/images/His...otos%20023.jpg
Home

PRINCESS DIANA’S KLONDIKE DRESS
Princess Diana's Klondike Dress Worn in Canada on Royal Tour
Old 08-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Gentry

This is a great link to the Australian National Archives photosearch.
http://naa12.naa.gov.au/scripts/PhotoSearchStartup.asp
They have quite a few photos of the Australian tours untaken by the Royal family. Just search for who your interested in! Plenty of shots of Diana!
Old 09-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Serene Highness

Diana in Canada

CBC.ca News - Canada - Photo Gallery
Old 07-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Serene Highness

Many pictures of Australian, New Zealand Canada tours - 1983
Charles and Diana 1983 pictures by dawngallick - Photobucket
Old 08-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
if i'm not mistaken, this wasn't the beginning of the tour. they began this tour on the east coast of canada. i may be selectively thinking this as i live on the east coast but i seem to remember the media bringing attention to the fact that they would be here on williams birthday.
You aren't mistaken. That first tour of Canada did start on The East Coast. I remember them visiting Nova Scotia and Newfoundland, but don't ask which province came first.

Now, I have a HUGE favour to ask of all of you.

Are there any pictures out of there of Charles and Diana's visit to Sudbury, Ontario and the Official Start of their final tour of Canada as a couple in October 1991?

The reason I'm asking, it's two fold. Number one, because the Toronto media were in such a snit over TRH being officially welcomed to both the Nation and the Province when in a, their words, "dinky Northern Ontario Mining town" and not Toronto, there's so few pictures out there. There's got to be more that just never made the papers/TV, but are in archives somewhere. Since this is my hometown, and for another reason, I'd love to have copies of those pictures.

Secondly and far more importantly...

I met Diana that day.

It was inside Science North, our science centre, and we were in front of the Media Camera area. I remember the flashes going off behind her. I'm legally blind and need to use a white cane, so if anyone comes across a picture of the Princess meeting a young teenaged lady, wearing a cordoroy skirt and vest set w/a blouse and also holding a white cane that day inside Science North...That's me and I would love, love, love to have a picture of that moment.

I was told the next Monday at High School that someone saw a picture of that happening in The Globe and Mail during the weekend, but High School was such a hellish time for me and the kids had me in their target sights all the time...I didn't believe the person who told me that. Now though...I do wonder.

Anyway...I was rather hesitant about asking, but Mom convinced me this might be the only chance I have to see if there is a picture out there from that very special moment in my life.

Thanks in advance Everyone!!
Old 08-19-2010, 02:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, they began the tour in Nova Scotia. They landed in Shearwater, and Diana wore a red-and-white checked dress with a red hat. I think that they were in Ottawa at the time of William's birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
Old 08-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Serene Highness

I found some pictures and a video of this day (10/24/1991) but I didn´t find you. I´m sorry Tiggersk8

Science North / Science Nord, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada - About the Attractions
Rex Features - Photographic press agency and picture library
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Tags
australia, canada, diana princess of wales, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana