Anniversaries of Diana's Death (and Birthday)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sara1981

Heir Apparent
City
North Little Rock
Country
United States
please makes pictures thread and poems of honour and dedicated of Princess Diana.

im charges for Princess Diana's death please makes pictures thread on tomorrow 30th before deadline on August 31st of Princess Diana's death anniversary dont late to makes to put it!

Sara Boyce

she was so beautiful, I wonder why P Charles never loved her as she deserves, I was in London on Aug 31, only a few ppl brought flowers to her last home, don't want her to be forgotten.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by shannen26@Nov 17th, 2003 - 12:01 am
she was so beautiful, I wonder why P Charles never loved her as she deserves, I was in London on Aug 31, only a few ppl brought flowers to her last home, don't want her to be forgotten.
I explain to you!

when Diana got felt love with Prince Charles before she got married in Royal Family they Diana found wedding gifts from Camilla called Gladys and Freds but Diana not like that! but Diana wanted Camilla kick-out because Camilla not fit for Royal family she not have history with Charles.

so Charles and Camilla had affair since 1970's before Diana Spencer but Diana never knew it after Harry was born in 1984 but Diana and Charles got marriage collaspe!

Charles been visit Camilla everyday but Diana not like it since Charles and Diana got marriage but Charles had pictures of her! and Charles been write to Camilla on Honeymoon when Diana found out of Camilla's pictures in Charles's wallet!

Diana found Charles's nickname freds but Diana got angry at him that why.

but she not love him lots since Charles got Camilla since 1970's

Sara Boyce

Last edited by a moderator:
P Charles met Camilla in 1970, he fell in love, at 1 point he asked her to marry him, but, don't know why, when he was abroad, she got married to another man- they stayed friends til 1984, when Diana wanted another baby, a girl, but he told her their love life was already past. He had indeed had his 2 male heirs, had done his duty, which was to please both his mother and his granny, so Diana was history to him , after only 3 years of marriage life.

Al Fayed to appeal paparazzi's acquittals in death of Princess Diana, Dodi

LONDON (AFP) - London-based tycoon Mohamed Al Fayed said he was launching "an immediate appeal" of a French court decision to acquit three photographers who took pictures of Princess Diana and his son Dodi on the night of their fatal car crash in Paris six years ago.

In a statement, Al Fayed said he failed to understand the logic behind a French judge's decision not to convict the photographers and give them suspended sentences, as recommended by the prosecution.

"Here we have another judge ... who seems determined to sweep the whole tragic affair under the carpet, thereby aiding the continued cover-up," the Egyptian-born businessman said Friday.

"The paparazzi played a significant part in the tragedy and they should be punished," said Al Fayed in the statement, written on the letterhead of his Harrods department store. "Accordingly I have lodged an immediate appeal."

Al Fayed, who also owns the Ritz hotel in Paris where lovers Diana and Dodi dined before the accident that took their lives, has always insisted that the car crash that killed them was the result of foul play.

Henri Paul, a Ritz employee who was at the wheel of the Mercedes-Benz limousine, was also killed, while Diana's bodyguard survived.

Jacques Langevin, Christian Martinez and Fabrice Chassery were found not guilty earlier Friday in a Paris court of breaching France's tough privacy laws when they photographed the pair inside their limousine.

The case came to court as a result of a civil suit filed by Al Fayed, who claimed a symbolic one euro in damages.

His lawyer Bernard Dartevelle earlier Friday described the verdict as a "reversal of legal precedent", as he disclosed that he would probably lodge an appeal on his client's behalf.

"Date set for princess's inquest

The inquests into the death of Diana, Princess of Wales and Dodi Al Fayed will be opened on 6 January 2004, it has been announced.

Princess Diana, 36, and Mr Al Fayed, 42, died in a Paris car crash in 1997.

Surrey Coroner Michael Burgess said the "complexity of the situation" meant it had taken over a year to set a date.

Princess Diana's inquest will be held at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, London, while Mr Al Fayed's will open in Reigate, Surrey.

There will be two separate inquests.

Mr Burgess said he had been in touch with the Royal Family and the relatives of Mr Al Fayed to advise them of the date.

Dodi's father, Harrods owner Mohamed Al Fayed, welcomed the news, but said he would continue to call for a full public inquiry into the crash.

Mr Burgess said there would not be witnesses on the opening day but he would outline the procedure of the inquest and the nature and scope of evidence he expected to be brought.

Delay

The inquest into the death of the princess will be opened by Mr Burgess, as coroner of The Queen's Household, at 1030 GMT.

Mr Al Fayed's will also be opened by him in his capacity as Coroner for Surrey, at 1500 GMT at Wray Park, Reigate, Surrey.

"I stated in October 2003 that I intended to hold inquests into the deaths of Diana, Princess of Wales and Dodi Al Fayed," Mr Burgess said.

"The opening of these inquests has been the subject of discussion and correspondence with the families for some time but because of the complexity of the situation the final arrangements have taken rather longer to complete than I would have wished."

Inquiry call

On news of the announcement, a Clarence House spokesman said: "It's entirely a matter for the coroner.

"We always understood the law required an inquest at some point."

The inquests will be the first official public hearings in Britain to examine the circumstances surrounding the princess's death.

They have been delayed by a lengthy police investigation and other factors.

Both hearings are likely to be adjourned and no date has yet been given for when the full hearings will take place.

'Narrow remit'

Mohamed Al Fayed does not accept the official report in 1999 into the crash which blamed the couple's driver Henri Paul, who had been drinking.

He approached the Scottish courts this week to mount a legal argument for a public inquiry into their deaths.

His spokesman said that while the development was encouraging, it did not change Mr Al Fayed's desire for a public inquiry.

"The remit of a coroner's inquest is far too narrow. It's merely to determine the cause of death," Chester Stern said.

"Some people have said to me he's achieved a breakthrough, but this doesn't affect what's happening in the court in Scotland.

"This is a matter which requires open public scrutiny on a much broader scale than an inquest can offer."

it is really sad to know that charles refused to try to save his marriage. yes, it is his duty to produce heirs but it is also his duty to ensure that his children as those in line to the throne be brought up in a happy environment. he should have tried to save the marriage and forget about camilla. perhaps it was his strong love to camilla that stopped him from forgetting her and that 's why he couldn't love diana nor gave her any love that she needed desperately and deserved.

I have many pictures of Diana but no know as send.

... some pictures from Diana's birthdays ...

1. July 1 1995 Diana spent part of the day playing tennis with William at his school, Ludgrove.

2. July 1 1997 On her last birthday, Diana attended a gala at the Tate Gallery, London

3. July 1 1992 Diana visited a health centre in Stanmore.

July 1 1991 Diana attended a lunch at the Savoy in support of a children's hospice. She was embarassed by a birthday cake and the singing of Happy Birthday!

5. July 1 1987 Diana was entertained at Wimbledon.

6. July 1 1986 On her 25th birthday, part of the day was spent welcoming the President of Germany, who was on a state visit to Great Britain.

7. July 1 1983 Diana celebrated her 22nd birthday while on tour in Edmonton, Alberta. It was a double celebration, as July 1st is also Canada's birthday!

Photos: Tim Graham/Rex/Photographers International

Attachments

• 1 1983 07 01 Canada.jpg
    1 1983 07 01 Canada.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 435
  • 2 1986 07 01.jpg
    2 1986 07 01.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 358
  • 3 1987 07 01 Wimbledon.jpg
    3 1987 07 01 Wimbledon.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 402
  • 4 1991 07 01.jpg
    4 1991 07 01.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 352
  • 5 1992 07 01 e.jpg
    5 1992 07 01 e.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 353
  • 6 1995 07 01 a.jpg
    6 1995 07 01 a.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 396
  • 7 1997 07 01.jpg
    7 1997 07 01.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
Thank you

Squidgy,
That was a neat collection of pictures of Di and her birthday! Thank you for them. I thought of her today, its hard to think she would have been 44!
I hope she will never be forgotten in England, I know she will ALWAYS be my favorite princess! No one else even comes close, as much as I like some of the others.

tenngirl said:
Squidgy,
That was a neat collection of pictures of Di and her birthday! Thank you for them. I thought of her today, its hard to think she would have been 44!
I hope she will never be forgotten in England, I know she will ALWAYS be my favorite princess! No one else even comes close, as much as I like some of the others.

I would agree with you!

but i never forget of her! because she still favourite Princess very much! and many people who brings flowers and cards to her old home of Kensington Palace on her birthday and Althorp also!

im wishes i would go to England to put flowers for Princess Diana on her birthday

Sara Boyce

tenngirl said:
Squidgy,

You are welcome Tenngirl:)

Yes, I think she will always be my favourite princess too! And I realize, the closer I get to approaching the age she was when she died, that she was SO young when she died. She still had so many years ahead of her ... oh well, no use going there ...:(

HRH Princess Diana of Wales

Happy Birthday Diana

Attachments

• 1diana2.jpg
    1diana2.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 319
Anniversaries of Diana's Death

I wanted to start a thread a little early in remembrance of Diana's death on August 31, 1997. For some of us, it was a tragic day we will never forget and perhaps never fully get over. I remember where I was when I found out that she had died and I will never forget crying on my then boyfriend's shoulder for the entire night.

I thought this thread could be a place where we could come leading up to the anniversary and maybe a little afterwards to talk about and share our feelings about Diana and her passing. Share our memories of the most beautiful Princess of the 20th century.

I wish this thread to be solely about Diana in a positive way. Please don't bring Charles, Camilla, or any other negative thing here. I request this politely from the bottom of my heart. Let us remember the good that Diana did during her short life. Let us remember her charity work. Let us remember what a great Mum she was to her sons. Let us remember how she related to people across all social classes throughout the world. Share your feelings and memories. Thank you.

i wont forget about Princess Diana but i never met her before but she really lovely woman since her marriages to Prince of Wales in 1981 and she raise two fine sons but im still miss her very much and after her death i read book about her of her life and lots of more from authors

Thank You for Coming and Sharing Sara!

sara1981 said:
i wont forget about Princess Diana but i never met her before but she really lovely woman since her marriages to Prince of Wales in 1981 and she raise two fine sons but im still miss her very much and after her death i read book about her of her life and lots of more from authors

Thank you for coming and sharing your thoughts and feelings Sara. Please come back if you want or need to share more.

I must have been around ten when she died. I was sitting under the tree by our old kitchen window when my sister came out and bluntly said that Princess Diana was dead. I honestly cannot remember a single thing about Diana before she died, I mean, I knew who she was when my sister told me and was shocked, but I have no memory of seeing her on the news or in a magazine when she was alive. I guess I was too young to be too aware of it. But I know that I knew who she was when I found out she died, I asked my sister if she was lying and she said: "Nope."

Alicky said:
I must have been around ten when she died. I was sitting under the tree by our old kitchen window when my sister came out and bluntly said that Princess Diana was dead. I honestly cannot remember a single thing about Diana before she died, I mean, I knew who she was when my sister told me and was shocked, but I have no memory of seeing her on the news or in a magazine when she was alive. I guess I was too young to be too aware of it. But I know that I knew who she was when I found out she died, I asked my sister if she was lying and she said: "Nope."

Thank you for your honest feelings and memories Alicky. I was 13 when Diana married Charles on July 29, 1981. My birthday had been 19 days before. I remember getting up with my Mom at 4am EST to watch the wedding. I was so bowled over when I saw her that day and have followed Diana throughout her life, her tragic death, and all the horrible events afterwards. She is my idol, my icon. I will never forget her or the positive impact she has had on my life.

I saw her once I think I was about 6. I can't remember what she looked like all I can remember was there was this huge burst of excitement and a flash of pink (I later found out she was wearing a bright pink suit) We then went to listen to the speeches and my mom likes to remind me how I kept making fun of how Prince Charles talked.

I remember the day she died too. I had heard that she was in an accident but it wasn't serious. It wasn't until the next morning I heard that she had died.

It was around the political changes in Bulgaria (~1990) when I saw pictures of Diana for the very first time and read about her. Since than, I really liked her look and I started collecting books and articles about her (my family was making fun of me:) ).

When she died, Aug. 31, my brother, sister-in-law and I were traveling from our hometown to Sofia by a train. We heard on the radio about her death and I convinced everyone that this is some kind of a sick joke. It was later in that same day when we saw the news. We couldn't believe it. Until today my brother remembers how everybody believed me in the train.

i remind after Diana's death my mom watch CNN news about Diana's coffin come home from Paris,France but im really shock of her as young Princess and i dont watch her funeral on television but its really young for Diana to died at 36 years old but im wishes she was alives

Sara Boyce

I cant belive its been 8 years...
I still remember that morning. My dad woke me up and said "there´s something about Diana on tv" and I turn the tv on and there it was...

I was in sixth grade, not sure what age is that was, (what ever the average age for a sixth grader is minus one year). I woke up for school and my mom was watching news reports on TV. I didn't know who she was, and my mom told me that she was a wonderful person, and the most photographed woman ever. I remember seeing Harry and the note on her casket, and my heart melted. I remember praying for Harry and Will alot.

I remember I was outside in the garage with my dad on this particular overcast winter day. He was fixing up my desk and we had the radio on (it isn't usually on). We heard something about Princess Diana being in a car accident. My dad called out to my mum to tell her what happened, but she already knew because she had the TV on. She came out to tell us more information. There were headlines, but no one knew what was going on. There was an eerie feeling that day. A sadness. My brother and I had been playing Super Mario Bros on the Super Nintendo (yes, that long ago) earlier on that day, and he still played it later on (maybe he was too young to fully understand what was going on). It’s amazing the little details you remember when certain events happen. Things you might not normally have realised. I remember seeing the footage on the TV of the crash. I think the most moving scene I saw was days later and all the flowers left for her. A sea of flowers and people crying!

tiaraprin said:
I was 13 when Diana married Charles on July 29, 1981. My birthday had been 19 days before. I remember getting up with my Mom at 4am EST to watch the wedding. I was so bowled over when I saw her that day and have followed Diana throughout her life, her tragic death, and all the horrible events afterwards. She is my idol, my icon. I will never forget her or the positive impact she has had on my life.

Tiaraprin, I was about the same age as you when Charles and Diana married, so I too remember the magic and fairytale feeling of that day. If someone had told me then how it would all end, I would not have believed them in a million years ...

I too followed Diana throughout her life and I admired her immensely. And in spite of all the stuff that started to be written about her beginning in the 1990's and continues to be written today, I still admire her.

Watching her work so incredibly well with people with all sorts of problems, encouraged me at various points in my life to challenge myself and do volunteer work with mentally handicapped and later with socially disadvantaged youth.

I was, like many, in shock when I heard she had died. A friend had called to tell me that Diana had been in a car crash, so I had been following her progress on the news. Diana had been through so many other tragedies and challenges and had always pulled through, that I believed 100% that she would survive ... It was a shock to hear that she was gone.

After her death, one of my friends, who was the same age as Diana, commented that she felt lost without Diana. Like Diana, she was a single mom. I remember her saying that she was looking to Diana to show her how to survive life as a single parent, how to maybe find a second chance at love, and she was hoping that when the time came, Diana would redefine what it means to be a middleaged woman ...

For me, it was always comforting and encouraging to see the princess face many of the same challenges as we all face and still come out with a fighting spirit. Even when she had the RF, the establishment, the press, even members of her own family against her, she never gave up ... For me, that is the biggest lesson of her life.

Oops! I guess I've rambled on here :eek: , so I'll quit talking for now. I look forward to hearing other people's feelings on the life and death of Diana .

Thanks Tiaraprin for such a wonderful thread.:):)

I first heard that she was seriously injured in an automobile accident and soon after that she had perished. My thoughts were that it was strange and bizarre, almost beyond belief.

It had been just under a year before when husband had died suddenly and unexpectedly, and I recall thinking what a good thing the royal family were at Balmoral in privacy away from the public and the press.

In the week that followed I found the public wailing and mass crowd hysteria very embarrassing to watch. Looking back, I can see that it was probably cathartic for those involved.

I felt very sympathetic to The Queen in the following week.

It seems like yesterday

It seems like yesterday that she passed away in many ways, and then again, it seems like it's been forever since I saw her face and her beautiful clothing, or read about some charity work she was doing. I was 8 years older than Diana so remember her very well. I was sitting in a restaurant with my boyfriend on Aug. 31 and the waitress said "Did you hear about Princess Diana?" Well I thought it was going to be a joke of some kind. Anyway, when she said, "She just died" I about passed out - couldn't believe it. Came home and watched television most of the rest of the night and into the next day. Then of course the funeral, etc. I was so sicked by the Queen and how she handled the whole thing. And I don't think she did right by the boys at all - you know they wanted to leave and go closer to their mother's body when it arrived back in London. I always credited Tony Blair with finally talking to the Queen and urging her to say something to the people to seem a little human. Even Charles was more human during those days - I think he truly felt some level of sadness.

tiaraprin said:
Thank you for your honest feelings and memories Alicky. I was 13 when Diana married Charles on July 29, 1981. My birthday had been 19 days before. I remember getting up with my Mom at 4am EST to watch the wedding. I was so bowled over when I saw her that day and have followed Diana throughout her life, her tragic death, and all the horrible events afterwards. She is my idol, my icon. I will never forget her or the positive impact she has had on my life.

Diana was just 2 years older than I, and I had always, for as long as I can remember, wanted to marry Prince Charles (in retrospect, how lucky was I that that fish got away! Besides, I'm Catholic, it would never have happened). I think I fell in love with her the first time I saw her (meaning, that I was just fascinated, thought she was wonderful -- I'm a straight female). I remember when she was pregnant with William that I had a little game I played with my Chinese pug dog. I was so excited about the coming royal baby. I'd say "Royal baby!" and grab the dog, hold him on his back like a baby and pretend to show him off to the imaginary photographers. Pretty soon, whenever I'd say something about the "Royal Baby", the dog would take off running!! (Sorry, Harry, I don't remember so much about your birthday-- other things were going on and it was in the fall, not the summer, so I was busy. :) )

I cried for at least a week when she died.

iowabelle said:
I remember when she was pregnant with William that I had a little game I played with my Chinese pug dog. I was so excited about the coming royal baby. I'd say "Royal baby!" and grab the dog, hold him on his back like a baby and pretend to show him off to the imaginary photographers. Pretty soon, whenever I'd say something about the "Royal Baby", the dog would take off running!!

Thanks for the funny anecdote Iowabelle - it's great (although your dog obviously didn't think so!:D

August 31, 2005...............,8 years, 96 months, 2182 days. to share my feelings by diana is very hard. One night (I was 14 years old) of winter here, my mother said to me: says the radio that lady di gave had an accident and is serious. And with that news I went away to sleep. On the following day I saw in TV the DEATH OF the PRINCESS, my life changed then moment and never returned to be like before. Love, admiration, madness.....I don`t knew.......I love diana, I am still miss diana and I cry by diana every day of my life. I committed myself with his memory, I never promised to forget her (who knows can forget her ) and to maintain its memory alive. To my he hurts to see to me as he follows real history without diana, hurts to my the lack of respect towards her, hurts much to me. She changed my life, she changed like person and it becamein my guide and inspiration to me. Sorry for this one post so long, all the words is not sufficient to dedicate to diana, the most beautiful princess of the world, the unique princess, the sun that illuminates every day to us. To forget it? never love her ? to forever.
please, remenber diana's pain, diana's tears and DIANA'S smille, I love her smille, her eyes, her heart.
I love Diana just, I love diana until my death.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom