Anniversaries of Diana's Death (and Birthday)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That tribute was beautiful...thank you:flowers:
Dianas death still makes me sad after all these years. It's so sad especially for her boys.

Last edited:
It is so hard to believe that 14 yrs has passed. Meet heer twice once in Buderium, and the other in Oxford she was so sweet both occasions and she remarked how funny we should be seeing each other in such different parts of the world. My son who was only about 3 when we lived in Oxford, touched her face and remarked on her beautiful skin.

You had many luck!! for meet her! I think that she was more beautiful in person that in Tv or photos!

Tribute in photos for Diana!!

http://www.ellahoy.es/famosos/articulo/lady-di-homenaje-en-el-aniversario-de-su-muerte-fotos/23935/

Articles in English

Death Of Princess Diana Marks 14 Year Anniversary - Lite Rock 98.9 - WJEZ
Anniversary of Princess Diana's death | The Vancouver Observer
Princess Diana’s death still a source of debate 14 years later
Princess Diana's memorial day: 14 years ago the world lost her - Pop2it - Zap2it

Last edited by a moderator:
The dreadful August 31st. The one day of the year along with June 25th I dread. Ok where do I begin? I was far too young to remember Princess Diana but my only recollections of her death musta come a week later we were at the mall and I remember glancing over while waiting in line with my mom to pay at Zellers I was about 6 years old then and saw People Magazine with her funeral photos as the cover I remember thinking "hm a princess died wonder how old she was?" Boy how little I knew then. Anyways instead I'll tell you my mom and dad's recollections of the night Princess Diana died. It musta been round 6pm or a little later here when news first broke. Now naturally it was a nice summer night here in Vancouver and my parents at the time were smokers so after dinner that night they left and went for a coffee and a smoke. As they were driving that's when news hit my dad told me he slammed the breaks hard and my mom and dad stood with their mouth open for the longest time. They honestly thought they were being punked that this was a joke. Diana, dead, how? This cannot be happening. They came home and told my grandparents who were devastated as they always loved Diana and always saw her a bit like their own grandchild if you know what I mean. For me I first really began to learn about Diana in 2007 and learning so much about her death and how it affected the world and how it happened has led me to feel so strongly about today even if I have no real recollections of this day.

By the way here are photos outside KP from today
http://www.apimages.com/Search.aspx?st=k&remem=x&kw=princess+diana&intv=None&shgroup=-10&sh=10

Last edited:
Thanks! for the pretty pictures ... yeah! I'm angry too!! could be more pix!!
I am not sure I understand. Are the pictures not put there by people who wish to publically show they remember her death? What is there to be angry about?

MARG I meant more that I'm upset that aren't many pix by pro photographers showing the tributes left at KP this year. Luckily I spoke to someone who went yesterday and they let me pass along some of their photos from their site.
The Talking Clock: 14th Anniversary Tributes at Kensington Palace (Request)
I LOVE the 2nd Diana quote on the sidebar of this page/ the link. It sums up what Diana saw as her role, and a role thatshe performed to perfection, despite her " difficulties".

i am not sure i understand. Are the pictures not put there by people who wish to publically show they remember her death? What is there to be angry about?

not! I`m angry because the press share few pix!! Only this ;)

MARG I meant more that I'm upset that aren't many pix by pro photographers showing the tributes left at KP this year. Luckily I spoke to someone who went yesterday and they let me pass along some of their photos from their site.

THANKS FOR POST!! IS SO Poignant!! THE NEXT YEAR I WILL TRY TO TRAVEL TO LONDON AND VISIT KENSINGTON PALACE (IS MY DREAM)

Last edited by a moderator:
roseroyal Buderum is on the Sunshine Coast in Qld annd she was visiting the ginger factory there during their first tour just after Wiliam was born there has to be a RN and a Doctor or at least then this was the case, on site and I was standing there and she just appeared pretty young it was a hot day and she was not doing so well in the Qld heat, but she was charming and REALLY thin in a yellow and white dress with a white hat.
Then in Oxford she laughed out loud when my son spoke to her. She was visiting the Oxfam shop in the Banbury Rd.
She was sweet.

Thanks for posting this. I read somewhere that not that many people were stopping by KP to leave tributes and that saddened in. I hope one day to fly over to London and leave a tribute myself. All through I don't know how that's going to be possible because I am afraid of flying, haha.

Duchesskristin, you can always sail here.

I am very emotional for diana......the 8/31 is very very difucult day in my life...I remember here every day, in fact I have a big picture of her in my bed room and in my living room, she s very important.
Diana, we, all the people than really lve you, never will forget you, you will be in our hearts forever.
Sweet dreams my sweet princess in our solitarie island. may be the day that william and harry have a daughter we have diana back.

Sweet dreams my sweet princess in our solitarie island. may be the day that william and harry have a daughter we have diana back.

: Biggrin:yeah! I wait that come soon William and Kate have a baby girl!!

That's why when one of them have a girl I'll probably be really emotional.

I am very emotional for diana......the 8/31 is very very difucult day in my life...I remember here every day, in fact I have a big picture of her in my bed room and in my living room, she s very important.
Diana, we, all the people than really lve you, never will forget you, you will be in our hearts forever.

nata8904 said:
: Biggrin:yeah! I wait that come soon William and Kate have a baby girl!!

Yes ... and name her Diana.

I wish I could remember her.....I was 4 when she died and now when I watched the funeral...I feel sad too,but for me she is a legend princess ! I love Diana and I wish she was here.........

I barely remember when Princess Diana died; I had just turned 7 a month earlier. The funeral was on the day of my dad's parents' 50th wedding anniversary party at their house. My mom said she couldn't pay attention to the news that week (which was all about Diana) because she and my dad were putting together a scrapbook for my grandparents, with pictures of them, their five children and their spouses, and eight grandchildren. I do remember reading a newspaper article about Diana when I was at the party.

Well I was only 9 when she died but I do remember hearing the news saying the princess of wales has died. She was such an amazing beautiful lady and will always be remembered
RIP Diana.

sarahedwards2 said:
I barely remember when Princess Diana died; I had just turned 7 a month earlier. The funeral was on the day of my dad's parents' 50th wedding anniversary party at their house. My mom said she couldn't pay attention to the news that week (which was all about Diana) because she and my dad were putting together a scrapbook for my grandparents, with pictures of them, their five children and their spouses, and eight grandchildren. I do remember reading a newspaper article about Diana when I was at the party.

I was born on Diana and Charles' 9-year wedding anniversary, so like I said, I turned 7 a month before she died.

i was just 2 yrs old when she died my mom said she watched it with my dad and my grandmother said me and her watched it together i wish was a little older so i could really known her and saw her on tv and in magazines but if i had i probably could not have gone on i really love her

I was 29 when she died so I remember exactly where I was when I learned she'd died.

Was visiting my grandmother in Vermont when her tenant, who worked at an inn in town, called as guests had heard on the radio the princess had been in an accident. The national news organizations hadn't broken with the story until shortly after that phone call. We stayed up until we heard the announcement that she had died.

This was one of the moments that one never forgets where one was when one heard the news.

I was 14 years old when she die, I am fan of her since that day.......she really was unique, thisaugust 31will be very hard for me.

Back
Top Bottom