The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Agreed. In addition to the pain and fear, Diana died among strangers. The only person she knew on the scene was Trevor Rees-Jones, and he was in no condition to help her.
I try to not think in this!! just thinking.. my heart is crying!

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...09453614_n.jpg
Old 08-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianarules View Post
So let us raise a cyber glass in the air, to Diana Spencer, taken from us far too early, we shall never forget you, I hope you are resting in peace, Amen x x x
Yes, this night I do it this for the memory of Diana! and say a prayer for she and her family!

Attached Images

Old 08-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianarules View Post
I'm so glad that you are marking the anniversary on here, I kinf of get the feeling that a lot of people have blanked it now, but every year near August 31st I remember. I was 14, on holiday in Spain and my mums alarm clock broke and stopped at 4am which we later discovered was when Diana officially passed away. . .Such a sad day but the time for sadness has passed, we should celebrate her life now and how much she was able to achieve in 36 short years, I'm sure her boys wouldn't want us all sad. So let us raise a cyber glass in the air, to Diana Spencer, taken from us far too early, we shall never forget you, I hope you are resting in peace, Amen x x x
Agreed I believe the Princess would want people to remember and learn from her life, and what a memorable life she lived.

I was 7 years old when I heard the news. It was hard for me to comprehend her death I was 7 after all. I remember thinking how could a young energetic woman who was having fun on a boat the week before, could all of a sudden be in a box, a week later. Sadly its life.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by olebabs View Post
I feel the same, Mermaid. But as you said; she crammed a lot of life in to her 36 years. I just think it is a horrible way to die. I hope she didn't feel to much pain.
Yes she did cram a lot of living in her 36 years of life, and touched millions of lives as well.
I doubt she felt much pain, she fell unconscious shortly after the crash, and never regained consciousness again. I would not like to die in a car crash either!
Old 08-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Aristocracy

i remember how i heard, i went to see the labor day fireworks with my boyfriend later to be husband. he didnt want to go but i made him. when we got home we went straight to bed. i couldnt sleep well so i woke up very early in the morning and turned on tv. all that was on was news. so i watched ABC, they kept talking about diana and dying but it took about 30 minutes to find out she was in a car wreck. i thought maybe terrorist or suicide. i was sick to my stomach. i didnt leave tv for the week. i felt really bad because i didnt even know she was in a car wreck since i went home and went to bed. if i didnt insist on going to the fireworks i would have known about the car wreck and i would have stayed up and kept a vigil. i cried at her funeral. i have her wedding and funeral on VHS tapes neither to be openned.

reading all of the above post, i started to cry again. i really miss her and i never met her.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nata8904 View Post
Yes, this night I do it this for the memory of Diana! and say a prayer for she and her family!

beautiful picture...i too light a candle for her and her family.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:47 PM
Majesty

I was sixteen at the time, and had a friend visiting for a few days. We were outside, on the swinging bench, just talking and laughing, and being teenagers. My mother called us in several times (with a threat of locking us out if we didn't come into the house ), and when we finally did, she told us that Diana was in a car accident, but was receiving medical attention and not hurt too badly. My friend and I went to my room, feeling shocked (the sick thing is, as I write this, I'm seeing it all rather clearly), and our cheerfulness from earlier was subdued, to say the least. Diana was someone we heard so much about, and it felt foreign to hear something so drastic. We went to sleep, and heard nothing about this until the next morning.

This part will be in my memory for the rest of my life (just like the day World Trade Center was attacked and fell). It was a sunny and pleasant morning, and my mother came into our room, and just stood there, with the laundry basket on the floor. I said something about not coming downstairs during the night, but she didn't react. Her next words had my friend and I stunned. 'Girls, Princess Diana died'. She said it with sorrow I've never heard before or since (and my mother is a very emotional individual mind you). I think we were silent for a couple of minutes, just taking it all in, but my first thoughts and words were 'Poor William and Harry'. I wasn't thinking about a great humanitarian who has passed on, I was thinking of a mother, who left behind two distraught boys. The whole day went by in a daze, spent looking through various newspapers and watching the news.

What I remember about the week leading up to the funeral is the sea of flowers by Buckingham and Kensington Palaces, and of course William accepting flowers from a mourner, and saying 'thank you'. He grew up in literally days. Watching him discreetly wipe a tear from his eye as he looked at the flowers and messages broke my heart just a little. I thought he had so much strength (still does of course). Harry's card with 'Mummy' written in a child's hand, the cries of people in the crowd, the boys walking behind the coffin of their beloved mother, and Elton John's tribute were poignant and touching. As a sixteen-year-old, I felt that it was all done so well and so fitting a person who was beloved by so many.

Now, when I'm older, and see things a little differently, I wish that the week leading up to the funeral and the funeral itself was more low key. This was the time to let the family (especially her sons) grieve and come to terms (since you never fully accept this type of loss) with what happened, and in a way, the public (myself included) intruded on that time, and that wasn't right. No one should have to grieve before millions of people, and that's what these boys were kind of forced to do. I think a a better tribute would have been something on a smaller scale, but that's just my personal opinion.

She will be remembered for many years. I hope she found the peace she couldn't obtain in her life for one reason or another. Memory Eternal.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I was sixteen at the time, and had a friend visiting for a few days. We were outside, on the swinging bench, just talking and laughing, and being teenagers. My mother called us in several times (with a threat of locking us out if we didn't come into the house ), and when we finally did, she told us that Diana was in a car accident, but was receiving medical attention and not hurt too badly. My friend and I went to my room, feeling shocked (the sick thing is, as I write this, I'm seeing it all rather clearly), and our cheerfulness from earlier was subdued, to say the least. Diana was someone we heard so much about, and it felt foreign to hear something so drastic. We went to sleep, and heard nothing about this until the next morning.

This part will be in my memory for the rest of my life (just like the day World Trade Center was attacked and fell). It was a sunny and pleasant morning, and my mother came into our room, and just stood there, with the laundry basket on the floor. I said something about not coming downstairs during the night, but she didn't react. Her next words had my friend and I stunned. 'Girls, Princess Diana died'. She said it with sorrow I've never heard before or since (and my mother is a very emotional individual mind you). I think we were silent for a couple of minutes, just taking it all in, but my first thoughts and words were 'Poor William and Harry'. I wasn't thinking about a great humanitarian who has passed on, I was thinking of a mother, who left behind two distraught boys. The whole day went by in a daze, spent looking through various newspapers and watching the news.

What I remember about the week leading up to the funeral is the sea of flowers by Buckingham and Kensington Palaces, and of course William accepting flowers from a mourner, and saying 'thank you'. He grew up in literally days. Watching him discreetly wipe a tear from his eye as he looked at the flowers and messages broke my heart just a little. I thought he had so much strength (still does of course). Harry's card with 'Mummy' written in a child's hand, the cries of people in the crowd, the boys walking behind the coffin of their beloved mother, and Elton John's tribute were poignant and touching. As a sixteen-year-old, I felt that it was all done so well and so fitting a person who was beloved by so many.

Now, when I'm older, and see things a little differently, I wish that the week leading up to the funeral and the funeral itself was more low key. This was the time to let the family (especially her sons) grieve and come to terms (since you never fully accept this type of loss) with what happened, and in a way, the public (myself included) intruded on that time, and that wasn't right. No one should have to grieve before millions of people, and that's what these boys were kind of forced to do. I think a a better tribute would have been something on a smaller scale, but that's just my personal opinion.

She will be remembered for many years. I hope she found the peace she couldn't obtain in her life for one reason or another. Memory Eternal.
I believe it was around this time (North American time) that her passing was announced. I woke up around 12am. I remember NY1 news reporting on her being returned back to Britain later on that day.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
I believe it was around this time (North American time) that her passing was announced. I woke up around 12am. I remember NY1 news reporting on her being returned back to Britain later on that day.
I think we heard about the accident itself around eleven in the evening or so. It was definitely before midnight.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:52 AM
Aristocracy

I'll be lighting a candle at midnight in her memory ... like I do every year. I'll never forget that day ... or her.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Forever I'll miss her!!
Very nice Nata! I expect to see a lot of tributes to Diana on Tumblr.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was at my cousin's house in Peterborugh, Ontario that night. We were spending a couple of days there before I moved into a house I was sharing w/two friends for my second year of College in a neighbouring town. I was given the couch in the Living Room and was watching TV when I heard the news of the accident during the 10pm tease for the CTV National News.

That's when I started looking for CNN and then had a very long night. It's about now in North America the news of her death broke. How on earth I didn't wake up anyone at my Cousin's that night is beyond me, as I was downright sobbing.

She will never be forgotten and her legacy is seen everytime those precious boys of hers are out and about.

May her Memory forever shine on. :o)
Old 08-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Aristocracy

IN HONOR FOR DIANA MEMORY TODAY I DON`T SHARE NONE PHOTOS OF HER! I ONLY POST MESSAGES ABOUT TRIBUTE FOR HER!

William & Catherine, Tribute to Diana

Old 08-31-2011, 11:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
IN HONOR FOR DIANA MEMORY TODAY I DON`T SHARE NONE PHOTOS OF HER! I ONLY POST MESSAGES ABOUT TRIBUTE FOR HER!

That was beautifully written.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:

This was very touching. Thank you for sharing.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

That tribute was beautiful...thank you
Dianas death still makes me sad after all these years. It's so sad especially for her boys.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
It is so hard to believe that 14 yrs has passed. Meet heer twice once in Buderium, and the other in Oxford she was so sweet both occasions and she remarked how funny we should be seeing each other in such different parts of the world. My son who was only about 3 when we lived in Oxford, touched her face and remarked on her beautiful skin.
You had many luck!! for meet her! I think that she was more beautiful in person that in Tv or photos!

Old 08-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Aristocracy

Tribute in photos for Diana!!

http://www.ellahoy.es/famosos/articu...e-fotos/23935/

Old 08-31-2011, 03:59 PM
Aristocracy

Pretty Tribute

http://www.terra.com/fotos/resize_ga...74diana11p.jpg
http://www.terra.com/fotos/resize_ga...74diana12p.jpg
http://www.terra.com/fotos/resize_ga...074diana8p.jpg