Heir Apparent

TRIBUTES TO PRINCESS

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...194034,00.html

Old 08-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Gentry

Sad day, sad day...
Old 08-31-2005, 04:44 PM
Gentry

On this sad day as we remember Diana, we look for ways to honor her.

Many of you have probably seen the devistating effects of Hurricane Katrina to the U.S Gulf Coast. It seems to me, that giving whatever you can to these people who have lost EVERYTHING, seems a more fitting tribute to Diana than some "memorial".

Please, I urge you all, contact the Red Cross give $$$, give your time, give of yourself. Honor the "Peoples Princess" doing what she would have done.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:54 PM
Nobility

I recently re-discovered a video about Diana which compromises a series of accounts by members of the pulblic regarding their own experinces with her and it was a revelation. It reminded me why her funeral prompted the reation it did and although I was never a mad "DI fan" it illustrates why she was held in such high esteem. In the past eight years the media has wallowed in the mud of sex, sleaze and any other way they could pull her down to the lowest of the low and one becomes immune to it after a while. I was even starting to believe that I (like the countless millions who grieved after she died) was a gullible fool who let the media dictate my emotions. However this programme called "The unseen Diana" reminded me as to why the world reacted as it did upon her death. Love her or loathe her Diana was a first class humanitarian and her life can be summed up in Robert Kennedy's eulogy to JFK when he quoted Shakespeare and said " The evil that men do lives after them' The good is oft interred with their bones".
Old 08-31-2005, 05:57 PM
Courtier

It is quite a sad day...I wonder what the boys are feeling about his?..Or even her brother? :(
They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 06:14 PM
Nobility

Hard to believe it's been eight years. In my mind, it was just yesterday I was watching those horrible scenes of grief at Kensington Palace with the gigantic sea of flowers and remembrances stretching in all directions outside the gates.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:16 PM
Royal Highness

On This Sad Day For All Of US. . .

I would like to thank everyone who has come here and posted their tributes and heartfelt feelings about Diana here in memory of her death. I have been truly touched by many of you since I started this thread. I think I have pretty much accomplished what I wanted to with this thread; and that is a place where people could come and discuss their feelings about Diana and pay tribute to her.

I pay tribute to all of you who shared your heartfelt feelings with me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I would also like to thank and pay tribute to Warren and Elspeth for their moderating on this thread and keeping it on the path I wished for it. Both of you have helped me to achieve on this thread pretty much what I wanted to achieve. Heartfelt thanks to both of you.

I would also like to speak to all of Diana's loyal followers. I understand your feelings that you feel the forum is one sided and I used to have them. However, as I have learned, you can talk about Diana and what you feel provided you do it in the appropriate manner.

All the moderators wish for is that people speak appropriately and not attack. Everyone has the right to their opinions. Everyone is not going to agree with us. That is fine, just as long as they show me and all of you the same politeness and respect that I strive so hard to show in my opinions now. Granted, I don't succeed all the time, but I try. If any of you have any questions or problems, please contact Elspeth and Warren through private messaging. Elspeth and Warren have helped me a great deal and they are not evil, mean people. They are here to help make this forum the best it can be. Elspeth and Warren have defended this memorial thread and have encouraged it although they feared this would turn into an attack forum. They have removed inappopropriate posts and have spoken to forum members that have not followed what I wished to accomplish on this thread. They have consulted with me about things on the thread also and asked my opinions when they did not have to. If someone makes an inappropriate post, contact Elspeth and Warren and discuss it with them. If something is truly wrong or offensive, they will take care of it.

Lastly, I would like to pay my tribute to Diana.

Diana I miss you very much still after all these years. You stay in my heart always. I pray for you and I pray for your beloved boys. I will defend William and Harry in anyway I can. I will defend and fight for your honor always for now you have no way to speak for yourself.

I hope that you can look down here to this thread in your honor and see how many people still love you after all these years. Starting this thread and seeing it come to fruition is my tribute to you Diana and what you have gave and taught me through your life. We are all still out there Diana and we still love and miss you no matter what. We aren't going anywhere, EVER. Just know that.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpies_2002
you are not very friendly people are you i thought this would be a good forum to join.

seems i am very much mistaken

so i will leave this forum
magpie....i hope you stay. i think it's very touching that you have a vigil every year. i hope i can join in sometime.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
I recently re-discovered a video about Diana which compromises a series of accounts by members of the pulblic regarding their own experinces with her and it was a revelation. It reminded me why her funeral prompted the reation it did and although I was never a mad "DI fan" it illustrates why she was held in such high esteem. In the past eight years the media has wallowed in the mud of sex, sleaze and any other way they could pull her down to the lowest of the low and one becomes immune to it after a while. I was even starting to believe that I (like the countless millions who grieved after she died) was a gullible fool who let the media dictate my emotions. However this programme called "The unseen Diana" reminded me as to why the world reacted as it did upon her death. Love her or loathe her Diana was a first class humanitarian and her life can be summed up in Robert Kennedy's eulogy to JFK when he quoted Shakespeare and said " The evil that men do lives after them' The good is oft interred with their bones".

James, that is truly a wonderfully worded expression of your feelings and respect for Diana. It touched me deeply and I thank you.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:33 PM
Serene Highness

Tiaraprin;

Thank you for this wonderful thread ... When you started it, I thought it was a wonderful idea ... but I feared it would soon go astray and that it would immediately be reduced to an argument about who is most to blame in the whole Diana/Charles episode. That's why, I quickly made my contribution and then, for the most part, never really looked at this thread again. It is only in the last few days that I have dared to look at it again.

I still haven't read the middle parts yet, but now that I know that you, Elspeth & Warren having been keeping this thread on topic, I know that it is now safe to read those bits. Thanks to our great moderators for the extra work this has required.:)

And thanks to you Tiaraprin. You put your heart on your sleeve and in a way you made yourself very vulnerable when you created this thread. I admire your courage. And from what I've read so far, it is a nice tribute to the Princess. Thanks.:)
Old 08-31-2005, 08:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy
Tiaraprin;

Thank you for this wonderful thread ... When you started it, I thought it was a wonderful idea ... but I feared it would soon go astray and that it would immediately be reduced to an argument about who is most to blame in the whole Diana/Charles episode. That's why, I quickly made my contribution and then, for the most part, never really looked at this thread again. It is only in the last few days that I have dared to look at it again.

I still haven't read the middle parts yet, but now that I know that you, Elspeth & Warren having been keeping this thread on topic, I know that it is now safe to read those bits. Thanks to our great moderators for the extra work this has required.:)

And thanks to you Tiaraprin. You put your heart on your sleeve and in a way you made yourself very vulnerable when you created this thread. I admire your courage. And from what I've read so far, it is a nice tribute to the Princess. Thanks.:)

Thank you Squidgy for your very kind words:) . Yes, it was a haul for Elspeth, Warren, and myself. However, I think things have stayed better than I expected. When redirection was needed, Elspeth and Warren provided it.

This thread was my own small way to honor Diana and I was determined to succeed no matter the cost. Many people feel the forum is one sided depending on who they believe in and idolize. I wanted to make a "Diana" place where we could really discuss our feelings about her death without dealing with, for lack of a better term "Haters". I set out from my first post what this thread was about and what not to do or bring into it. I also asked for everyone to obey the rules of this forum. Some of the posts made me grit my teeth, but with Elspeth and Warren, I have dealt with it.

We shouldn't have to be ashamed of still loving Diana after all these years. I really don't care how long it has been since she has passed on and how many people tell me to come join the present. I do live in the present, but Diana is still a part of my life although she is no longer with us. When someone touches you deeply, you are not going to forget. No one forgets someone who touches their life whether they be someone they know or an icon. There are many things I don't like in the present in relation to the British Royals. However, it is something I have to deal with just as those who want to relegate Diana to the scrap heap will have to deal with the fact she is never going away and us, her loyal followers, are not going anywhere either.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:58 PM
Nobility

Lady Di left us 8 years ago.

Eight years ago Lady Di left us, May she rest in peace, I know many of us will never forget her and will always miss her.:( :(
Old 08-31-2005, 09:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily62_1
Eight years ago Lady Di left us, May she rest in peace, I know many of us will never forget her and will always miss her.:( :(

Thank you Emily for posting. It is a sad day for many of us:( :( .
Old 08-31-2005, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

yeah, is a very sad day
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 09-01-2005, 02:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Diana fans pay homage
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005400560,00.html
Old 09-01-2005, 05:24 AM
Aristocracy

I Love you

Princess of Wales I Love you
Old 09-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Bosnian sitting volleyball players of OKI from the Bosnian Serb town of Derventa, left side, and KSO Iskra from the Bosnian town of Bugojno, right side, compete during the Princes Diana Memorial Tournament in seated volleyball in Tuzla, 70 kms north of Sarajevo, on Friday, Sept 2, 2005. Six teams participate in this memorial organized by a landmine survivor's network in Bosnia, in memory of Princess Diana who campaigned against landmines. Most of the players are victims of a land mines and were former enemies from the Bosnian 1992-95 war

From aap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BOSNIA_HERZEGOVINA_SAR102.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	188845  
Old 09-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Hello!

I recommend the article in Hello! Magazine

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...agina_1_1.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rememberingdiana.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	188866  
Old 09-02-2005, 07:09 PM
Nobility

I am pleased that you liked my post Tiarapin.

The programme I referred to was made after Diana's death and is a collection of memories about her from members of the public. Although we all know about her public work and the accusations by some that it was done to manipulate her image there wasn't one story I was familiar with which says a lot as, like most members of this forum, I keep a close eye on Royal goings on. One of the most touching stories was from a desperatley sick young girl she met on an official visit to a hospital. The girl admired Diana's nail polish and the Princess said she would get her some. The family recounted how weeks later they were amazed when out of the blue the Princess arrived at the hospital quietley and unannounced with numerous bottles of this very expensive nail polish in different colours. They showed private photographs they had taken of Diana and the child showing off their painted nails and it was deeply moving. Another man she befriended on a hospital visit recounted how she came to visit him at home on New Years day and showed the home video he took of her having a cup of tea with him and his family in his house. Although they were clearly a lovely family their home was extremley humble and yet Diana looked totally happy and relaxed chatting to his wife and children on the sofa. To me this sums up what was best about the Princess and what people miss most about her. As the man in the last example said , "Rich and powerful people often don't look twice at members of the public yet Diana, who was then the future Queen of England, made you feel she couldn't have been happier to spend time with you. I don't think there's anybody in public life who's doing that now that she's gone".

Tags
anniversary, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, princess diana