Anniversaries of Diana's Death (and Birthday)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She deserved that funeral, if not under Royal Protocol, but for what she had accomplished in her short life and being William and Harry's Mum!.

and that was why she had the funeral she did!

Sometimes Royal Protocol is not the answer to everything! That is what the House of Windsor fails to realize.

I dont think they "fail to realise" at all tiaraprin. The Queen is required to take advise and what she wants to do may not always be what is advised. I think in the case of Diana's funeral she listened to Blair and her other advisors as well as the wishes of Charles & her grandsons and, on that basis, made the decision to allow a semi-state funeral for Diana. It was such a shame that Earl Spencer had to spoil the ocassion with his obnoxious retoric. IMTS, you don't verbally attack your godmother, whether she be Queen or Commoner, in church on such an ocassion. IMO it was highly inappropriate and just shows what a cretin the man is!! :mad:

wymanda said:
and that was why she had the funeral she did!

I dont think they "fail to realise" at all tiaraprin. The Queen is required to take advise and what she wants to do may not always be what is advised. I think in the case of Diana's funeral she listened to Blair and her other advisors as well as the wishes of Charles & her grandsons and, on that basis, made the decision to allow a semi-state funeral for Diana. It was such a shame that Earl Spencer had to spoil the ocassion with his obnoxious retoric. IMTS, you don't verbally attack your godmother, whether she be Queen or Commoner, in church on such an ocassion. IMO it was highly inappropriate and just shows what a cretin the man is!! :mad:

In my post, I do not defend Earl Spencer or even mention him for that matter. Yes, the Earl Spencer is a cretin who is profiting from his sister's legacy. He has a line of furniture in upscale American Stores based on Althorp furniture and certain pieces are copies of Diana's right down to her etching her initials?? AND why did he do it?? To pay for all new plumbing at Althorp!! He sold out his sister for new plumbing!! It is quite bad enough that he shows her wedding dress at Althorp when she wanted it in the British Museum, but to design furniture to get plumbing?? You would think he gets enough money from his Althorp exhibition!!

I would just love to go to Althorp to see where Diana spent part of her life. I don't need his side show antics.

Rest in pease Diana! I'am 2 years older than Diana! I was in the hospital when she was died! I never forget Princess Diana I love het to much! I have still grieve because she is dead, I have it still difficult if I see her on television! Princess Diana you are forever in my heart, I will never forget you!

Umm well, what I can remember back to Aug 30th(pacific time in Seattle) and Aug 31th(in Paris Time ) I think it was saturday.. IN france Morning on Aug 31th. .Before it happened I went to nap for while and wake up from long nap I believe I wake up about 3 pm to 4 pm ( pacific time)on Aug 30th (in paris time is Aug 31th about 4 am) And turn on tv saw the wreck the car. I wonder who is involved in??? i was curious and found out it was Princess Diana and I immediately called to my sister and other friends about news.. In few Minutes later it was annocement that Princess Diana had died.. I was very shocked I can't believe it why it let happened.. I watched tv long night about 3 hours I think I can't remember. go reply all day and night... next day. Aug 31th (again pacific time) I went to see my sister and little cry about the news... anyway later the week until the funeral I had to get up early about 1 am to watch the tv for funeral of Diana.. I did cry... oh boy... ....

Karla

On 31 th of august 1997 we were on the boat of my parents and we were just eating breakfast . The radio was on and the they told us that princess diana was killed in a carcrash in paris. well , i was shocked because my sister and i liked that princess a lot and could,t believe that it happend. The whole week we saw crying people at kensington palace laying flowers there. I got goosbumps all over my body
It was very strange to see that palace again on tv, because in 1996 on 31 th of august i was in london with my ( now ex) boyfriend and making pictures of kensington palace.???!!!!!;) ;)

karla64 said:
Umm well, what I can remember back to Aug 30th(pacific time in Seattle) and Aug 31th(in Paris Time ) I think it was saturday.. IN france Morning on Aug 31th. .Before it happened I went to nap for while and wake up from long nap I believe I wake up about 3 pm to 4 pm ( pacific time)on Aug 30th (in paris time is Aug 31th about 4 am) And turn on tv saw the wreck the car. I wonder who is involved in??? i was curious and found out it was Princess Diana and I immediately called to my sister and other friends about news.. In few Minutes later it was annocement that Princess Diana had died.. I was very shocked I can't believe it why it let happened.. I watched tv long night about 3 hours I think I can't remember. go reply all day and night... next day. Aug 31th (again pacific time) I went to see my sister and little cry about the news... anyway later the week until the funeral I had to get up early about 1 am to watch the tv for funeral of Diana.. I did cry... oh boy... ....

Karla

Yes we all cried at the funeral, I cried so hard I couldn't see for a couple of days. My eyes were so red, irritated, and puffy. Watching William and Harry marching behind their Mother's coffin broke my heart into millions of pieces. How I felt for those boys that day. I still worry about them now.

Ah, you're just an old softie, Tiaraprin.;)

Elspeth said:
Ah, you're just an old softie, Tiaraprin.;)

When it comes to Diana and her boys, yes I most certainly am!:)

A live size sculpture of the late Princess Diana and Dodi Al Fayed stands at the Bronze age foundry in London, 24 August 2005. Sculpted by artist and artistic advisor to Harrods, Bill Mitchell, "Innocent Victims" is a portrayal of the late Princess of Wales dancing with her lover Dodi Al Fayed. Diana and Dodi, who died in a 1997 car crash in Paris, have been commissioned by Dodi's father, Harrod's owner, Mohammed Al-Fayed. The two sculptures will be erected at Harrods and in Paris in due course, a press release from Harrod's said

From getty

Attachments

• 53455917.jpg
    53455917.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 306
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 302
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 288
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 403
  • 53455921.jpg
    53455921.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 53455931.jpg
    53455931.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
8th anniversary of princess diana's death

hi everyone :)

im new to this forum.
id like to tell everyone that on the evening/night of 30th august there will as usual be an all night vigil led by myself and my friend terry. We have done this vigil every year since the princess died, and will continue to do so for however long it takes.
the vigil is just outside the palace gates, we have all necessary equipment ie tents etc.
if anyone wishes to join the vigil this year please feel free to do so,arriving at the palace by about 6pm if possible.
sorry for the long post

What are you hoping to achieve, magpies? You said you'd do it for however long it takes.

I just try to remember her on Aug. 31 and burn a candle, preferably jasmine since I heard she liked it.

8th anniversary princess diana's death

not trying to achievew anything apart from tryin to keep her memory alive the heirachy want everyone to forget about her.

NEVER

As long as Diana is alive in her sons hearts she will never be forgotten. I agree with iowabelle; remember Diana quietly in your own space, say a prayer if you are that way inclined and ask the Good Lord to look out for William & Harry. You might also remember the thousands of others who die at the hands of drunk drivers throughout the world.

magpies_2002 said:
hi everyone :)

im new to this forum.
id like to tell everyone that on the evening/night of 30th august there will as usual be an all night vigil led by myself and my friend terry. We have done this vigil every year since the princess died, and will continue to do so for however long it takes.
the vigil is just outside the palace gates, we have all necessary equipment ie tents etc.
if anyone wishes to join the vigil this year please feel free to do so,arriving at the palace by about 6pm if possible.
sorry for the long post

Thank you Magpies for sharing with us. Anyone who wishes to participate should follow what Magpies has said.

I live in the United States, and every year I am off work Aug 30-31. I lost my Aunt (who was like a mother to me) on August 30th, and Diana on the 31st. It was quite a shocking blow for me. I spend that time quietly reflecting and offer up prayers for my Aunt and Diana.

Everyone mourns and reflects in different ways and for different reasons. There is no reason to ridicule how a person mourns unless it is something so utterly horrible like the statue that Al-Fayed has had made.

I do agree with Wymanda that this is also a time to reflect upon William and Harry and say a prayer for those two boys who lost a mother. It is also a good idea to reflect on the many who die like Diana did everyday. I think Diana would want us to pray for all victims of drunk driving, not just her.

Offer up a prayer for Dodi, a man being exploited by his father for his own gain. Dodi had faults, but dying as he did and also being exploited by a heartless father warrants a prayer. Dodi was a victim too and is still being victimized as Diana is, perhaps not on as grand a scale, but he is. I think Diana would want us to remember that also if she could talk to us.

Where are the many people that crying on the day that diana died and cried for here, ware are the englich people that cried an the house were Diana lieved? Is she realy forgotten yet??

I will be lighting a candle in Diana, Princess of Wales memory. To a lovely lady who raise our awareness of royals in today's world. To a wonderful person, a loving mother, a generous spirit. May she continue to walk with the angels.

Portraits of Diana in Harrods and Kensington Palace, today

From getty

Attachments

• 53532744.jpg
    53532744.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 333
  • 53532749.jpg
    53532749.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 297
  • 53532751.jpg
    53532751.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 289
http://estadis.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/302308.html

(...)
Mother of one of the heirs to the British throne, call Diana Frances Spencer, that she captivated to the world and she woke up many expectations, FOLLOWS "LIVE" in the mind of the people that still call "our princess of Wales", even though this Wednesday turn eight years of to have died in an automobile accident.
(...)

magpies_2002 said:
not trying to achievew anything apart from tryin to keep her memory alive the heirachy want everyone to forget about her.

NEVER

I won't forget, and I bet there are tons more people who won't forget either.

fanletizia said:
Portraits of Diana in Harrods and Kensington Palace, today

From getty

Is there anything U.k. or Paris will do to honour her memory tomorrow?

NO-ONE BUT YOU

Words and music by Brian May

A hand above the water
An angel reaching for the sky
Is it raining in heaven -
Do you want us to cry?

And everywhere the broken-hearted
On every lonely avenue
No-one could reach them
No-one but you

One by one
Only the Good die young
They're only flying too close to the sun
And life goes on -
Without you...

Another Tricky Situation
A get to drowin' in the Blues
And I find myself thinkin'
Well - what would you do?

For you, my sweet princess, good night.

I can't write all my feelings about you Di in english (I'm spanish girl), but I can say here I will love you forever, you'll live in the people's heart and your wonderful boys will keep your kind work, I'm sure you're very proud of them... rest in peace my sweet princess... the best rose England have had ever...

I forget Prinses Diana never, I cry when I see her on television she was to young to die 36 years is to young! Rest in peace lovely Diana! I hope you have rest now in heaven!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=360801&in_page_id=1770

Remembering Diana: Her legacy eight years on

princessdianaPA260904_100x110.jpg
Legacy: How have the royals fared since Diana's death?

Eight years have passed since Diana, Princess of Wales, was tragically killed in a car crash in the Pont d'Alma tunnel in Paris.
Stalwart supporters once again returned to pin flowers and messages to the iron railings of Kensington Palace today to commemorate the anniversary of the popular royal's death.

Last edited by a moderator:
On this sad day as we remember Diana, we look for ways to honor her.

Many of you have probably seen the devistating effects of Hurricane Katrina to the U.S Gulf Coast. It seems to me, that giving whatever you can to these people who have lost EVERYTHING, seems a more fitting tribute to Diana than some "memorial".

Please, I urge you all, contact the Red Cross give $$$, give your time, give of yourself. Honor the "Peoples Princess" doing what she would have done.

Back
Top Bottom