The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichola
I was thirteen when Diana died; but at the time of her death I did not know a great deal about her.

I was woke up on the Sunday morning by my mother, who was very upset because she admired Diana a lot, and had taken an interest in her since the 1980s. I can remember watching her coffin being brought from Paris by Charles and her sisters, and watching live footage, and her funeral on TV. I can remember feeling so sorry for William and Harry, who are around the same age as me; and being astonished at how brave they were at handling such a tragic situation.

It was following Diana's death and after reading newspaper articles that I began buying and reading royalty-related books, and my interest in royalty stemmed from that really.

I have since visited Althorp on two occasions. It was so lovely to get the opportunity to go!

I am quite happy that you have been able to see Althorp not once but twice!!. If you have an opportunity, you must Private Message me and tell me about it. I haven't had the good fortune to get to England yet in my life!:( :( :(

Old 08-13-2005, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I like to go Althorp see Diana's life and see her tomb where she buried i told my mom about that! and i told my mom i would like go England again for my vacation but im really love that England very much!

if you like see Althorp http://www.althorp.com/diana-a-celebration/

Sara Boyce

Old 08-13-2005, 05:40 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
I like to go Althorp see Diana's life and see her tomb where she buried i told my mom about that! and i told my mom i would like go England again for my vacation but im really love that England very much!

if you like see Althorp http://www.althorp.com/diana-a-celebration/

Sara Boyce
Sara, you wouldn't see her tomb. They buried her on the island, and you can't see it from the shore of the lake. (I don't think they even gave her a marker there.)

But there's a temple at the side of the lake where you can leave your flowers and trinkets.

I would like to see the stable where Earl Spencer set up his museum. It seems like he has a lot of her everyday suits, and of course the WEDDING DRESS.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Royal Highness

Well here is the way I found out. Most of my family were in the family room. It was about 20-30 minutes after watching Saturday Night Live. I was on the floor and my mom was doing my hair. ANd then the music that NBC plays comes on that signals breaking news. And I go "oh no, who died now" Little did I know it woudl be Princess Diana. I never was interested in her seriously b/f. But, I remember it was Brian WIlliams who brought the news. At first he said that she had sustained injuries, but was likely to recover. But then shortly after that he said that there were reports that she was dad. But it was shocking. I watched the funeral. I remember the beautiful music and Prince William marching behind his mum's coffin with his head down. I remember b/f they entered the abbey, that a whole bunch of ppl who had been touched by Diana's charity marched behind the princes. I also remember the Queen bowing her head as the coffin passed and the other royals scurring to bow their heads. I was only 13, so I did not know what all this meant. I also heard the commentary from the news ppl that said that camilla was probably watching and felt very sorry. As I look upon that today, I feel they shoudl not have mentioned her. Anyway, I remember the Earl's speech and of course Elton John. And also so many flowers. ALso I remember (b/f the funeral) when the RF including WIlliam and Harry, came out to isnpect the flowerrs nad greet the ppl. They were trying their best to not cry. But with Harry, he looked so small liek a little mouse. Ok, these are my recollections.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:07 AM

I was gone all day so didn't know until I arrived back home that she had died. My phone was ringing and as I picked it up my husband turned on the T.V. My mother had been calling me to tell me. Frankly I didn't understand my feelings at all so I ended up locking myself in the bathroom. I was devistated like I had lost a friend. Except that I had never met her nor even seen her in real life. I guess it's because she had been a part of my life for so long. I wanted so much to go to her funeral, but being several months pregnant I let my husband and father talk me out of it. If I had to do it again, I would go.

I became interested in Diana because of the wedding. I woke up with everyone else at 3A.M. to watch it. Soon after, I found my first book on Diana and never looked back. Over the years my collection has grown by leaps and at one point I actually took a second job just for money to buy books etc. with. I still enjoy buying things to add to my collection, but it has not been the same since her death. She was the magic for me, as silly as that sounds. I did end up going to Paris right after her death and drove the same route she took. Here are two pics of the tunnel.

On a side note, Diana: A Celebration will be going to Houston this fall and Dayton next year. From the reports I have heard it is an amazing collection which includes her wedding dress. You can find more information here: http://www.dianacelebration.com/about.htm.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:44 PM
Commoner

I am so happy to see so many people keeping the memory of Diana alive..........It's basically all we can do as she has left this world and gone onto the next one. I understand everyone's grief and continuing send of loss. I'm quite certain she would have passed away from blood loss due to the gash on one of her thighs and the lengthy time it took for the ambulance to bring her to the emergency ward; whether she had other injuries or not.

...those wings do fly her high above as a blessing on those who gave their love.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Nobility

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicky
I must have been around ten when she died. I was sitting under the tree by our old kitchen window when my sister came out and bluntly said that Princess Diana was dead. I honestly cannot remember a single thing about Diana before she died, I mean, I knew who she was when my sister told me and was shocked, but I have no memory of seeing her on the news or in a magazine when she was alive. I guess I was too young to be too aware of it. But I know that I knew who she was when I found out she died, I asked my sister if she was lying and she said: "Nope."

I was far older than that, I had been so lucky to c her in person on her wed day, she looked splendid and so happy ! PS- some English ppl told me police shove away the flowers 1 puts in front of Kensington Palace entrance, soon after ppl go away, I wonder why, these ppl think it's a wish of Prince Charles and QEII, who want ppl to forget Diana, if true, it's a real shame. What is true is that 2 years ago, I was there at Kensington Palace entrance on Sept 1, but I could c no flowers for Diana.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Royal Highness

I think I was like Queen Mother. I truly felt like I had lost a friend. Even today I think it's so sad that we don't know what kind of new fashions she's wearing, what kind of trouble she's getting into, what fun she's having with her children...

I have a huge Royal Family collection that I've been building since about 1972, going back all the way to Victoria. But I won't buy anything Charles and Camilla. I guess I'll deal with that situation, but I just don't want reminders of it in my house (aside from my addictions, the magazines Royalty and Majesty). I haven't decided what I'll do if Charles is crowned -- but I'll go crazy for William's and Harry's weddings, etc.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
I think I was like Queen Mother. I truly felt like I had lost a friend. Even today I think it's so sad that we don't know what kind of new fashions she's wearing, what kind of trouble she's getting into, what fun she's having with her children...

I have a huge Royal Family collection that I've been building since about 1972, going back all the way to Victoria. But I won't buy anything Charles and Camilla. I guess I'll deal with that situation, but I just don't want reminders of it in my house (aside from my addictions, the magazines Royalty and Majesty). I haven't decided what I'll do if Charles is crowned -- but I'll go crazy for William's and Harry's weddings, etc.
i going with you!

because im not big fans of Camilla! but im still big fans of Diana and William because i wont buy collection of Camilla! but i wanted to remind of Diana very much!

Sara Boyce
Old 08-14-2005, 02:26 PM
Royal Highness

What do you guys think of her grave? Do you think it is suitable? It is kind of sad cuz she is all alone on that grave. I kind of think that maybe years from now they will put her in a royal tomb. Maybe WIlliam will see to that or maybe it is best to leave the grave alone.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
What do you guys think of her grave? Do you think it is suitable? It is kind of sad cuz she is all alone on that grave. I kind of think that maybe years from now they will put her in a royal tomb. Maybe WIlliam will see to that or maybe it is best to leave the grave alone.
For now, I think it is suitable. She is where no one can bother her anymore. I think being buried on that small island in the middle of that lake is beautiful. With no marker, no one can fly over Althorp and take tabloid pics of her grave site. It is disgusting what those evil people will do to make money!

Anywhere Diana could have been publicly buried, it would be a madhouse!! As much as I would want to pay my respects to her, I can understand not having her grave look like Jim Morrison's in France. That is just too crazy. (Also not that Jim Morrison can be compared to Diana!)
Old 08-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Nobility

I really don't care where her grave is, I just hope and pray that where ever she is, she is happy.That woman deserves all the heavens and more.May God rest her soul in peace.:):):)
Old 08-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
What do you guys think of her grave? Do you think it is suitable? It is kind of sad cuz she is all alone on that grave. I kind of think that maybe years from now they will put her in a royal tomb. Maybe WIlliam
I think it's a peaceful place, not sad. When Diana and her brother Charles were younger, they used to play on that island (when they came to visit their grandparents, since they didn't live there until much later). It was also where the Spencer children buried their pets, so she isn't really all alone.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
I really don't care where her grave is, I just hope and pray that where ever she is, she is happy.That woman deserves all the heavens and more.May God rest her soul in peace.:):):)
That is what all of us wish for here!!
Old 08-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Royal Highness

[QUOTE=iowabelle]
Quote:
What do you guys think of her grave? Do you think it is suitable? It is kind of sad cuz she is all alone on that grave. I kind of think that maybe years from now they will put her in a royal tomb. Maybe WIlliam

I think it's a peaceful place, not sad. When Diana and her brother Charles were younger, they used to play on that island (when they came to visit their grandparents, since they didn't live there until much later). It was also where the Spencer children buried their pets, so she isn't really all alone.
I wonder if Diana's beloved guinea pig, Peanuts, is buried up there? She won a prize for him at a school pet contest!!
Old 08-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Royal Highness

Yeah you guys are right, especially with not having a marked grave. I never thought of that. Thanks.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Royal Highness

What I thought of was, if they had buried her at Althorp where people could visit, it would be a little like Graceland.

And Earl Spencer was concerned that placing her in the church crypt with their father and ancestors would have placed a huge burden on the people in the village and the church. (And think of the security precautions that would have to be taken.)

It was probably a reasonable thing to do.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Royal Highness

Thank You Alicky!!

I want to send out a great big thank you to Alicky for helping me get my Diana pics together in my profile. Alicky has been kind of enough to do it for me because I am a dork with paint programs on computers and my paint program is old. Thanks to Alicky for helping a Diana fan!!!:) :) :)
Old 08-14-2005, 10:05 PM

I remember waiting in the rain for her to emerge from a luncheon. She was about to get into the limousine when one of the four women who had stayed with me when everyone had left, shouted out " Princess Diana, we have something for your boys. " That was all she needed to hear to stop her in her tracks. She gave her pocketbook to her lady in waiting and came over. I can still remember looking into her eyes and hearing her say " thank you for staying. It is very nice to meet you. " I can remember her reaching to shake my outstretched hand. My life has never been the same.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE=tiaraprin]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle

I wonder if Diana's beloved guinea pig, Peanuts, is buried up there? She won a prize for him at a school pet contest!!
she was so cute!

Tags
anniversary, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, princess diana