Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Serene Highness

6 Things We Miss About Princess Diana
6 Things We Miss About Princess Diana - ABC News

Old 09-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Diana, Princess of Wales picture thread 5

I know many members have enjoyed my posting rare Princess Diana photos/articles on the forum! I enjoy posting them! But I am on an usage plan with the Internet company. If I go over usage, they charge extra fees. Last month because of downloading so many Diana photos, usage was really high, and in order not to get charged extra, I had to go cold turkey on the Internet for 2 weeks.
Not willing to do that again, so here is the site, so you can download all the cool Diana stuff and share it with us!

Princess Diana Remembered - Diana News Blog

Thanks for understanding!!

Old 09-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Tribute to the Queen of Hearts...

http://www.princess-diana-remembered...7-08-31-01.jpg
http://www.princess-diana-remembered...-08-31-003.jpg
http://www.princess-diana-remembered...-08-31-005.jpg
Old 08-30-2013, 07:46 PM
Nobility

Sixteen journeys around the Sun since I first heard the news of the Princess's accident and then a few hours later of her death. I hope history is kind to her: she was very young, luminously beautiful, and brought a lot of hope and joy into people's lives, both in person and vicariously for those who could only read about her and see photos of her. May she rest in peace.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:20 PM
Majesty

I'll never forget when I heard the news. I watched the coverage on CNN and I was totally shocked to hear of her passing due to an accident. I my heart went out to Charles, William, Harry and the Spencer family and royal family. To lose her life at 36 and a mother of two young boys was heartbreaking. It remains heartbreaking to know she's no longer here to see her boys grow up into nice men, to see her son marry the woman he loves and to watch her grandson grow up.

I think she was a great Princess of Wales and future Queen. Despite her personal issues, she did her duty to her country and Commonwealth. She was royal patron and president to many charities and organizations and shared a great bond with her regiments. She did so much for others and raised a great deal of awareness for very worthy causes.

The Princess of Wales wasn't a saint but she had a great heart and despite the unfair rumors and stories about her private life, I hope future generations will remember that there once was a English Princess by the name of Diana...who was loved and gave love.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-30-2013, 10:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

By one of life's strange co incidences...When I built our house, the very first night we spent there was the night of the crash. Today we decided to sell the house. Funny how sometimes life circles around.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:21 PM
Nobility

Seventeen years, probably to the moment, since I heard the first news of the car-crash on another sunny spring Sunday here.
Rest in peace, dear Princess.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:50 PM
Aristocracy

Anniversaries of Diana's Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Rose View Post
Seventeen years, probably to the moment, since I heard the first news of the car-crash on another sunny spring Sunday here.
Rest in peace, dear Princess.

I remember that I had fallen asleep with the radio on and then waking up to the news report. It must've been 3 or 4 o'clock. The news reporter said very shortly that princess Diana had been in a car crash in Paris and was badly injured but nothing else. I remember thinking that if she died there would be an awful mess before I went back to sleep. When I woke up again she was dead, it was awful and it very quickly turned into a sad mess.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Courtier

I remember that day very well. How could you not. I heard on the tv about the crash and that poor dear Dodi was dead and Diana had a broken collarbone. I rushed outside & told my husband about the crash,... "Dodi's dead!!" I said. Hubby asked, "What's a Dodi!!" Honestly one could knock ones head against a brick wall sometimes. Then about a half hour later they said Diana had passed away. I thought How can that be she only has a broken collarbone. Then more news filtered through the rest of the afternoon. It was so very upsetting and all anyone could talk about for a longtime afterwards.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Aristocracy

I was vacationing but just happened to have CNN on when the "ticker" on the bottom changed from "Princess Diana injured" to "Princess Diana Dead". I was born the same year as the late princess and had young children myself, so the news hit particularly hard.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Many of us will always treasure her memory.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Nobility

I don't understand focusing on the day someone died. I honor them by remembering their life and maybe celebrating their birthday. I lost a sister when she was only 31 years old. It was the worse day in my life- I watched her die. For many years my other sister and family had an event on the day she died. I never participated. Finally we all agreed that it was more in keeping with my sister Lisa's very full life to celebrate her birthday. There is a scholarship in her name at the university she taught at. Now on her birthday there is a performance by her students.

I say this to point out that while the Princes may not be holding a yearly public memorial for their mother, this time of year has got to be very hard on them.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 09-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Majesty

I tend to remember the day my family and friends die as a day of sadness and I do struggle on that day to be cheerful or go about doing normal things. I do, however, celebrate their lives on their birthdays with a special time of quiet remembrance and usually trying to have their favourite meal or something like that. To me both days are relevant and important especially when they are close together e.g. my mother died 5 days before her birthday.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

We each do what is relevant to us and how we feel. Both or either is proper. It doesn't matter.

Tags
anniversary, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, princess diana