The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-12-2017, 09:19 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
OK. Don't listen to whatever other people say that point to reasons that its very possible why Harry, himself, says that he has very few memories of his mother. His words obviously don't mean anything either when it comes to forming an opinion.

To keep insisting that what you think is the credible truth actually just degrades the value of your opinions. Its how things work. I lean towards believing what Harry, himself, has stated.

Old 04-12-2017, 11:18 AM
Gentry

wow 20 years? I still remember the 10 year tributes

Old 04-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Unbelievable garden at Kensington Palace in her honor-
Princess Diana garden is unveiled at Kensington Palace | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-12-2017, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh Dman, Thankyou for posting this. What an absolutely beautiful garden in Diana's honour, an oasis of peace and calm and loveliness! All those white flowers will attract bees as well. Her sons will take a walk around sometimes I'm sure. Maybe their mother is looking down and admiring it too!
Old 04-12-2017, 10:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Oh Dman, Thankyou for posting this. What an absolutely beautiful garden in Diana's honour, an oasis of peace and calm and loveliness! All those white flowers will attract bees as well. Her sons will take a walk around sometimes I'm sure. Maybe their mother is looking down and admiring it too!

Absolutely Curryong just beautiful
Old 04-12-2017, 10:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
You're welcome. I just want to sleep in that garden. I find very breathtakingly stunning. It's all for her and I know she's loving it from up above.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-13-2017, 06:37 AM
Majesty

Its perfectly beautiful. In the midst of the London area with all its hustle and bustle and rushing to get where one's going, this garden seems to make time stand still and whisper "smell the roses" errr... tulips.

What goes through my imagination is Charlotte walking up to Kate and saying something along the lines of "Can we go smell Grandma's flowers today?" The forget-me-nots will really be serving to keep Grandma in the hearts and minds of those that knew and loved her and even those that never got the chance to.

I love things like this as its a reality that even though Diana is gone, she's still alive in the hearts and minds of those that love her.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent

That is most poetic, Osipi, and very true!
Old 04-13-2017, 10:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe it is the photo, but I didn't like it. It seemed too formal and too much white. I might go and have a look at it over the weekend as perhaps it looks better "up close."
Old 04-13-2017, 11:08 PM
Majesty

Oh lucky you being able to go and actually see it for yourself.

Let us know what your impressions are.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

I live near KP, but it is not relaly that glamourous a place. I thought the garden in the picture looked over formal, with everything in rigid lines.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:28 AM
Majesty

I think it fits nicely in with the palace. The layout was already there and was known as the Sunken Gardens. Its the planting of the different flowers that were done in Diana's memory.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thought it looked like that garden.. I know it, and It was rather rigid IMO and dreary. And somehow the heavy preponderance of white flowers doesn't seem right when it is doen so rigidily. If they were more loosely arranged, I think it would be better.
If the weather picks up this weekend I might go and see it.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

White flowers are an important element for something called 'The White Garden'
Old 04-14-2017, 11:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes I think that in a looser format it might have been prettier..
Old 04-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Sorry but not a huge fan. I love the white flowers, especially tulips as my favorite. But the big pots of flowers look bizarre and out of place. They stick out like sore thumbs. It would look much more beautiful IMO if just the garden beds.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:49 PM
Majesty

If you get to go, let us know what you think of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
If the weather picks up this weekend I might go and see it.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I know it is The White Garden, and it's pretty, but.

I really prefer lots of colors in a garden. Riotous, joyful, vibrant...it just appeals to me more than something like this.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
If you get to go, let us know what you think of it.
I will. Almost went today, as I was on a bus quite near it, but it was looked like it might rain!! I think it is a shame that they did not have a garden memorial for Di years ago.. I remember thinking way back years ago that a garden with roses and lilies and lots of differnet stuff would be a nice memorial, then they came up iwith the awful fountain.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:48 PM
Majesty

I may be totally off base but often times white flowers are used in remembrance of the dead as it symbolizes the restoration of innocence to the departed soul. Hence the white tulips and the white forget-me-nots.

Just an odd thought.