The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-08-2017, 04:04 PM
Serene Highness

Channel 7 are broadcasting new - and exclusive - interviews with Rosa Monckton, James Hewitt, Ken Wharfe and Paul Burrell this Sunday night in Australia on their "Sunday Night" program.

Here is a preview -

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-nig...rincess/#page1

Old 03-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, Sun Lion. This may prove very interesting, and I'll be watching.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Aristocracy

I would love to watch this. But the video is blocked for anyone outside of Australia. Thank you for posting the story.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, it's bound to be put up on YouTube within days if not hours!
Old 03-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Channel 7 are broadcasting new - and exclusive - interviews with Rosa Monckton, James Hewitt, Ken Wharfe and Paul Burrell this Sunday night in Australia on their "Sunday Night" program.
There won't be anything 'new' or 'exciting' about this; these people have all spoken about Diana ad nauseum.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:45 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Considering the commercial I saw for this 'exclusive' was centred around the reporter asking James Hewitt if he was Harry's father, I expect very little from this apart from Channel 7 aiming to bolster their Sunday night viewing numbers.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well of course they want I up their ratings that's what it's all about. !!!! Don't watch if you think it's rubbish.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:41 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Oh, trust me, I wouldn't watch this if you paid me.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:01 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm in agreement with JessRulz on this one.

Just seeing the names James Hewitt and Paul Burrell reeks of a program put together to dredge up things from that era that should remain dead and buried. Monkton and Wharfe may be able to provide some good insights into the life and times of Diana but Hewitt and Burrell are both notoriously known for using Diana as a cash cow.

There really isn't much new to really put out there 20 years after Diana's death. No great secrets that already haven't been "exposed" in some form or the other and frankly, even if there were, I prefer to remember Diana as the woman she was and not through interviews of people that she knew and interacted with.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:49 PM
Majesty

Scandal attracts so much more attention than good works.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:46 PM
Serene Highness

An article by Melissa Doyle with some background to tonight's "Sunday Night" TV show about Diana -

Sunday Night’s Melissa Doyle shares memories of Princess Diana
Old 03-12-2017, 04:57 AM
Courtier

Not Austrialian(!) So I did google her! She seems credible enough!

Re. the doc., don't know what James had to say (or not say!), hard to know with these uber tight guys! Paul however had plenty to say. Getting married again after divorcing his wife of 32 years and mother of their 2 sons. They look happy out however, so hoping he doesn't make a total spin of it!
Old 03-12-2017, 06:29 PM
Majesty

The only person in the interview line-up I'd like to listen to is Rosa Monckton. The others are those we've heard from ad nauseum. It would be great to hear from some other people, those we haven't heard from as yet. However, they might be the type who don't give interviews. It would be fascinating to hear from those who knew her from the Lady Diana years, such as school friends.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
I would love to watch this. But the video is blocked for anyone outside of Australia. Thank you for posting the story.

Hi bethaliz6894 - last night's broadcast is now on the internet as Curryong said - though maybe it's also blocked outside of Australia.

I've seen it in a couple of places, so if this isn't working, maybe another version will.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-nig...-17-episode-3/
Old 03-13-2017, 02:02 AM
Aristocracy

I watched it last night, and there was nothing I hadn't heard before. If anything it just confirmed my poor opinion of the manipulative and self-obsessed late Diana, Princess of Wales. What did surprise me was the melancholy state of James Hewitt. I felt quite sorry for him. Paul Burrell, however, still loves the publicity of selling... sorry, sharing his stories.

By the way, I don't think Sun Lion assumed that all Australians know who Melissa Doyle is. It was simply a link to an article written by Melissa Doyle. If you don't know who she is, read the article in the link.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:25 AM
Majesty

Michael Stone on Princess Diana?s mission in Angola: 'She did it to save lives and limbs'

Zandra Rhodes talks friendship with Princess Diana
Old 03-16-2017, 12:23 PM
Majesty

"Photographs of Diana, Princess of Wales, taken by Mario Testino in the last year of her life are to go on display at the Princess's childhood home. "

Diana: Photos from the Princess of Wales' last year to be exhibited | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Old 03-31-2017, 01:18 AM
Majesty

"A CAMPAIGN to make the nation a kinder place has been launched to mark the 20th anniversary of the death of Diana, Princess of Wales.
The drive, set up in memory of the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry’s mother by the Diana Award, was unveiled on National Kindness Day."

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/kindne...cess-of-wales/

"Princess Diana's First and Lust Summer as a single Woman explored in ABC News Special"

Princess Diana's First and Last Summer as a Single Woman Explored in New ABC Special
Old 04-02-2017, 02:54 AM
Majesty

"Prince Harry will pay tribute to his late mother's controversial work on land mines next week as he joins calls for the world to be free of the lethal explosives by 2025."

Prince Harry pays tribute to mother Diana's controversial work land mines ban | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Old 04-08-2017, 07:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

William and Harry will pay tribute to their mother in two tv documentaries they've commissioned-
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/p...s-on-t26kpml0v

I'm really looking forward to viewing these docs.

A.W. TOZER