The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-04-2017, 10:20 AM
Aristocracy

I couldnt agree more. Putting aside those early outfits which her mother helped her choose which had those awful collars, most of her clothes withstood the test of time to look as elegant today as they were then. I think that is because she seldom wore patterned clothes. The solid colors look great no matter when and provided a backdrop that really showcased her jewels.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Diana was indeed a marvellously elegant woman. Tall, slender, chic and beautiful. Still missed.
Totally soignée.

I still recall my daughter, then aged only 8, observing that "even when Princess Diana is wearing jeans and a cotton shirt, she still looks beautiful."

Old 02-13-2017, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
ABC has teamed with People magazine for a four-hour documentary marking the 20th anniversary of the tragic death of Britain's Princess Diana.

The untitled doc is set to air over two nights in August. ABC has yet to specify a premiere date.

Princess Diana died Aug. 31, 1997, at the age of 36 in a car crash in Paris. The documentary aims to introduce the Princess of Wales, mother of Prince William and Prince Harry, to a new generation and to examine her legacy.
Read more: Princess Diana documentary coming to ABC to mark 20th anniversary of her death - Daily Press
Old 02-14-2017, 03:48 PM
Majesty

It would be great if the new documentary had some new information, perhaps interviews with people we haven't heard from before. I'm not sure how much interest there will actually be from the "new generation", but there's sure to be nostalgic interest from those who remember her.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:11 PM
Serene Highness

I don't have much hope for accuracy in this documentary if they think her title was "Princess Diana".
Old 02-14-2017, 05:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

The best way to produce a documentary on Diana? Include her family and friends. Get her sons, sisters, brother and a host of trusted friends and you'll get the most accurate, insightful and exciting documentary ever.

When these docs involve a host of biographers and journalist, you'd end up with accounts based on their sources and angles. I think this is why there's so much unfounded rumors and accusations on Diana's life. 20 years of this stuff has done a lot of damage to her legacy and memory.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-15-2017, 12:13 PM
Majesty

*Confirmed* Brenda Emmanus looks at Diana’s most celebrated and exquisite dresses - Saturday 25 Feb, 8pm http://bbc.in/2lPFAKc
Old 02-15-2017, 11:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The best way to produce a documentary on Diana? Include her family and friends. Get her sons, sisters, brother and a host of trusted friends and you'll get the most accurate, insightful and exciting documentary ever.

When these docs involve a host of biographers and journalist, you'd end up with accounts based on their sources and angles. I think this is why there's so much unfounded rumors and accusations on Diana's life. 20 years of this stuff has done a lot of damage to her legacy and memory.
Her family and close friends don't want to talk about her to the press/tv I shsoudl think. THey feel that their relationsip with her was private and that she's been yapped about in the media for so long and should be allowed to rest in peace
Old 02-16-2017, 04:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Her family and close friends don't want to talk about her to the press/tv I shsoudl think. THey feel that their relationsip with her was private and that she's been yapped about in the media for so long and should be allowed to rest in peace
It would be the best documentary ever produced, because it's real family and friends sharing good memories.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-16-2017, 05:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

Having only those who thought well of a person doing a documentary is far from going to give an accurate account. It would be a whitewash and thus biased to the extreme.

To get an accurate account of any person or any other aspect of history, you need supporters, opponents and those with no axe to grind one way or another.

Otherwise all you get is a one-sided account - which I know many people will regard as 'accurate' but as an historian I would regard it as totally inaccurate and biased - and thus largely unreliable and useless.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:18 PM
Majesty

I agree. Otherwise, a better name for it would be a "Tribute to Diana, Princess of Wales."
Old 02-16-2017, 02:33 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Although I do think its a nice gesture to make a documentary commemorating the 20th anniversary of Diana's tragic death, I really don't see it drawing the interest of a lot of American people. Too much time has passed to draw the attention of people that most likely have long forgotten what happened that night in Paris or even know of Diana and her life outside of the War of the Waleses.

Perhaps four hours is a bit too much even over two consecutive nights. I'm not sure if I'm in the majority of American TV viewers but our weekly prime time viewing here is mostly directed to favorite shows we watch every week. I don't see me watching this documentary. Perhaps if it was on a cable channel that rebroadcasts their shows at different time periods, I would.

I hope I'm wrong on this and its just my opinion.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Handprints of Princes William and Harry on Diana's dress | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-17-2017, 03:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Although I do think its a nice gesture to make a documentary commemorating the 20th anniversary of Diana's tragic death, I really don't see it drawing the interest of a lot of American people. Too much time has passed to draw the attention of people that most likely have long forgotten what happened that night in Paris or even know of Diana and her life outside of the War of the Waleses.

Perhaps four hours is a bit too much even over two consecutive nights. I'm not sure if I'm in the majority of American TV viewers but our weekly prime time viewing here is mostly directed to favorite shows we watch every week. I don't see me watching this documentary. Perhaps if it was on a cable channel that rebroadcasts their shows at different time periods, I would.

I hope I'm wrong on this and its just my opinion.
I agree.

Honestly the only thing that may help is that it is during the summer. Majority of shows are on hiatus. But then again networks have been coming out with summer shows, to keep ratings up.

This is the length of two full length movies. Even if over two nights, I don't see many tuning in. At least if it was movie format, no matter how bad the Diana movie was, it may draw dine interest. But four hours of interviewing people who knew her? Four hours would have been over kill a month after her death. Face it, documentaries aren't big hits. Dis a is fading girl many people, and a whole new generation of tv watchers who don't know who she is.

Honestly would have been better off with an hour prime time special. And making sure in a time lock it has little to no competition.
Old 02-18-2017, 04:15 AM
Majesty

Princess who wore her heart on her sleeve: Diana's dresses | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-18-2017, 05:06 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Honestly would have been better off with an hour prime time special. And making sure in a time lock it has little to no competition.
This is something I really do hope they take into consideration. I noticed last year when they scheduled the prime time presidential election debates, they made sure that it wouldn't be up against shows like The Big Bang Theory and NCIS which are two shows here in the US that spells death for anything on competing channels. CBS also uses these two shows occasionally to draw people to other shows they want folks to watch.

Sadly though, I think no matter where they show it, its going to draw a very minimal viewing audience. I follow the Diana threads and can be termed as a "royal watcher" on here and I'm currently reading "Diana: Portrait of a Troubled Princess" by Sally Bedell-Smith and I'm not that interested in watching it at all.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:07 AM
Heir Apparent

August is a quiet month tv wise. The new shows have not returned yet. No college or pro football games on tv.

There is more a recent trend for longer style tv documentaries. ABC/ESPN did very well with OJ:Made in America which was multiple hours long and came after the highly rated FX drama series about the OJ.

It's a collaboration with People which is well respected for the British royals coverage in the US. People is doing a limited spring series with GMA's Lara Spencer on ABC focusing on different cover stories called People Icons.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Folks, there's a thing call DVR. I don't think anyone is worried about the doc competing against anything.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-20-2017, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

@RoyalNikkhah-
National Kindness Day will be celebrated on March 31st @DianaAward marking the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana's death-
https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyaNikkh...72896253919234

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-23-2017, 07:58 AM
Majesty

Princess Diana's biggest fashion mishaps | Daily Mail Online