The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-06-2017, 11:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

Both William and Harry are, in and of themselves, Diana's legacy that lives on. We see it in William's smile. We see it in Harry's charisma. They both have continued to keep Diana's work alive and going into the future and actually are reflective of two very loving parents.
What a lovely description of both boys and their mother's legacy.

Old 10-07-2017, 12:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Right, that’s why stated that the media has pretty much backed Charles into a corner, when it comes to anything about Diana, but he has remained dignified throughout these twenty years.

He fully supports the way William and Harry have carried on her legacy and memory. The media like to paint him as a man who remains threatened by Diana’s memory, but I don’t think that’s the case at all. Unfortunately, people do think this way and I think it’s just wrong.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-07-2017, 12:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh, so this thread has woken up to life again.

William and Harry's most important job along with other royal family members (with the style and title of HRH and Prince/Princess, except for Beatrice, Eugenie and Prince/Princess Michael) is to support the Queen in her role as Head of State and Head of Nation in the UK and in her role as Head of State in the other 15 Commonwealth realms and in her role as Head of the Commonwealth.

Their other important role (if we can call it that) is to take on charities, but that is also in a way on behalf of the monarch. Why? Because they do it as royal work.

And I will say that they have as much of Charles's legacy in them as they have of Diana's. Yes, he's controversial, and the investigation from the Times regarding the Queen's private secretary made him look like a power hungry spoiled brat who forces his 91-year-old mother and Queen to let go of her staffers, but he's good with people and have done some great things.

But again, the most important legacy to take care of (which is much bigger than that of a controversial and divisive ex royal), is that of their amazing grandmother. And that is exactly what both Charles and William are doing with the support of Harry and other family members.

I hope this make sense, because it does to me.

And perhaps this thread can go back to sleep, while the monarchy goes further.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, this thread might well go to sleep as the 20th anniversary is over now, and of course the monarchy will go on and William and Harry will continue to work for the Queen and the BRF. They will also honour their mother's legacy by carrying on her charities and causes.

However, the Diana threads have had over 30,000 posts in the 98 threads so I don't think Diana is going to be forgotten at any time in the near future.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Right. If he said gracious, kind things about Diana, the accusation would be, "How dare you say nice things now, after you were so horrible to her in life!" The War of the Waleses still rages in some quarters.
I don't think he would have wished to. I am sure he still has some feelings for her, but there was a time when I'm sure that he was bitter, and angry, before her death. But I'm sure he has the good sense to realise that ti would be wrong and foolish for him to tlk about her in public.. It would only lead to more controversiy. While I am pleased that Will and Harry wanted to do some talking about Diana this year, because of her anniversariy, I think they did too much.
As I've always said, they don't seem too smart...
they brought up old issues that had died down, they said things that led to a lot of annoying discussion, people attacking Diana, people assuming that by talking about Di they were attacking Charles etc. And the press had a field day with dragging up old stories, and rehashing them...
I wish that it was possible, now 20 years on to have had a nice commemoraition of Diana's life, her charity work and her life with her boys and family, without its being a free for all.. but that didn't happen.. So I for one am glad thtat it is over.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I don't think he would have wished to. I am sure he still has some feelings for her, but there was a time when I'm sure that he was bitter, and angry, before her death. But I'm sure he has the good sense to realise that ti would be wrong and foolish for him to tlk about her in public.. It would only lead to more controversiy. While I am pleased that Will and Harry wanted to do some talking about Diana this year, because of her anniversariy, I think they did too much.
As I've always said, they don't seem too smart...
they brought up old issues that had died down, they said things that led to a lot of annoying discussion, people attacking Diana, people assuming that by talking about Di they were attacking Charles etc. And the press had a field day with dragging up old stories, and rehashing them... are
I wish that it was possible, now 20 years on to have had a nice commemoraition of Diana's life, her charity work and her life with her boys and family, without its being a free for all.. but that didn't happen.. So I for one am glad that it is over.
I'm glad it is over and the media has moved on.
But I don't blame W&H for the press creating drama. They had a right to have their say as adult men. Why should they avoid difficult topics?
The media creates drama even when none exists anyway, words are twisted or things are implied to direct the narrative they currently want to print.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, the thread can’t sleep yet.

Did everyone forget that the Diana statute (William and Harry commissioned) will be unveiled soon at Kensington Palace?

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes I had forgotten it. I'm extremely dubious about how it will turn out.. I don't think any memorial to Diana has turned out well.. like the Fountain....
Old 10-07-2017, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Yes I had forgotten it. I'm extremely dubious about how it will turn out.. I don't think any memorial to Diana has turned out well.. like the Fountain....
This memorial should turn out well.

Although, I prefer a major foundation set up in her name. Like the Princess Grace Foundation. They could take things to new heights with a foundation like that.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-08-2017, 05:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Do you not remember the Diana Memorial fund? Started well but ended badly.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Do you not remember the Diana Memorial fund? Started well but ended badly.
I do and The Royal Foundation took over the brand. I think they can start over with a brand new idea with a new Foundation in her name.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt it.. Willaim and Harry are doing their own job, not using her name.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
To be honest, I don't believe there needs to be a new foundation in Diana's name. Her work is being continued on somewhat by her sons and when we watch them, we see Diana. Can't get much better than that. They are keeping the Diana Award alive.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:44 PM
Courtier

I agree with Osipi on this. I think their ongoing charitable endeavors and the Diana Award is enough. Another Foundation is not necessary.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't see any great resemblance betwee them and Diana, personaly. But they are doing their job as royals and they remember her, and remind the public about her.. I don't think that there is any need to start another "Diana foundation.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:53 PM
Majesty

Prince Harry has accepted the Legacy Award at the Attitude Awards on behalf of Princess Diana for her HIV/Aids activism

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...de-Awards.html

Prince Harry accepts Attitude Legacy Award for Princess Diana’s groundbreaking Aids activism | Attitude Magazine