20th Anniversary of the Death of Diana, Princess of Wales: August 31, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think he would have wished to. I am sure he still has some feelings for her, but there was a time when I'm sure that he was bitter, and angry, before her death. But I'm sure he has the good sense to realise that ti would be wrong and foolish for him to tlk about her in public.. It would only lead to more controversiy. While I am pleased that Will and Harry wanted to do some talking about Diana this year, because of her anniversariy, I think they did too much.
As I've always said, they don't seem too smart...
they brought up old issues that had died down, they said things that led to a lot of annoying discussion, people attacking Diana, people assuming that by talking about Di they were attacking Charles etc. And the press had a field day with dragging up old stories, and rehashing them... are
I wish that it was possible, now 20 years on to have had a nice commemoraition of Diana's life, her charity work and her life with her boys and family, without its being a free for all.. but that didn't happen.. So I for one am glad that it is over.

I'm glad it is over and the media has moved on.
But I don't blame W&H for the press creating drama. They had a right to have their say as adult men. Why should they avoid difficult topics?
The media creates drama even when none exists anyway, words are twisted or things are implied to direct the narrative they currently want to print.

Last edited:
Well, the thread can’t sleep yet.

Did everyone forget that the Diana statute (William and Harry commissioned) will be unveiled soon at Kensington Palace?

Yes I had forgotten it. I'm extremely dubious about how it will turn out.. I don't think any memorial to Diana has turned out well.. like the Fountain....

Yes I had forgotten it. I'm extremely dubious about how it will turn out.. I don't think any memorial to Diana has turned out well.. like the Fountain....

This memorial should turn out well.

Although, I prefer a major foundation set up in her name. Like the Princess Grace Foundation. They could take things to new heights with a foundation like that.

Do you not remember the Diana Memorial fund? Started well but ended badly.

Do you not remember the Diana Memorial fund? Started well but ended badly.

I do and The Royal Foundation took over the brand. I think they can start over with a brand new idea with a new Foundation in her name.

I doubt it.. Willaim and Harry are doing their own job, not using her name.

To be honest, I don't believe there needs to be a new foundation in Diana's name. Her work is being continued on somewhat by her sons and when we watch them, we see Diana. Can't get much better than that. They are keeping the Diana Award alive.

I agree with Osipi on this. I think their ongoing charitable endeavors and the Diana Award is enough. Another Foundation is not necessary.

I can't see any great resemblance betwee them and Diana, personaly. But they are doing their job as royals and they remember her, and remind the public about her.. I don't think that there is any need to start another "Diana foundation.

Something to look forward to, Dman. In August I presume. I'll be so interested in what this sculptor has created.

I guess plans and the schedule for the statute had to change, but I’m looking forward to it all in 2019. I know it’s going to be an extraordinary moment for her statue to be unveiled at Kensington Palace.

I'm glad it is over and the media has moved on.
But I don't blame W&H for the press creating drama. They had a right to have their say as adult men. Why should they avoid difficult topics?
The media creates drama even when none exists anyway, words are twisted or things are implied to direct the narrative they currently want to print.
Yes of course the press will create drama and controversy where none exist.. but one doesn't have to feed it unnecessarily. I think they could have made one or 2 speeches abuot her, more about her charity work than the "Oh I remember my dear crazy mother" stuff that they poured out... or made large donation to charity in her memory, for example. I know they only made these speeches affectionately but as you say people on forums, and the press love to twist wrods and create drama...

Back
Top Bottom