The Sun:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIgcrNIXkAYwxDr.jpg

The Mirror:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIghG4MXkBMs4ug.jpg

Metro:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIgYSeWXcAAIzKw.jpg

Old 08-30-2017, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I just looked at the DM story - mostly for the pics, but I did skim the content.

I thought William and Harry held up well. "Tell me stories about my mum" was brilliant. That Harry knows the value of being a good listener and letting the crowd do the work for you.

But I really do think, once they were alone they reflected on how heartwarming, surreal and unpredictictable it is, even 20 years on. That's how I feel, as well.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Not a lot of people , not a lot of Flowers.
The British Monarchy is now on his best.
What will happen in Dianaland at her family Castle and in Paris at the Pont de l' Alma ?
We had on french and belgian TV special evenings about Princess Diana , but it was a flop.
True. Diana, Princess of Wales will always be remembered.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Here she's remembered, and the Melbourne newspapers had specials on Diana, as well as magazine features. She was on the front covers. Diana was immensely popular in Australia.
I'm glad her sons were able to speak to KP gardeners and others who had memories of their mum. The gardens look beautiful and I'm sure her sons are remembering her and will visit 'her' garden in the future.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lots Diana shows on tv too which I heard today have done well
Old 08-31-2017, 09:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Wow, the tributes to the late Princess of Wales on this 20th anniversary year are pouring in-
Elton John leads tributes to Princess Diana on anniversary | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-31-2017, 09:59 AM
Royal Highness

Altho' she was a difficult personality, [and much of what she did at the end of her marriage and life I dislike intensely] the late Princess' work with the Homeless and on AIDS was transformative. May she rest in Peace.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:26 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Here in the US, if you get the Reelz channel, they're running continuous programs on Diana and her family all day long. From what I've seen, most of the programs are newly made in 2017.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:50 AM
Majesty

How relieved I will be when all this 20th anniversary commemoration stuff is over! So depressing and sad, and I am proud to admit I have not watched one TV special and I don't intend to. RIP Diana.

Next month on Sept 14th it will be the 35th anniversary of Princess Grace's car crash and I think all the "commemoration" will begin again-to a much lesser degree than what we are seeing with Diana.

I feel as bad for Princess Stephanie of Monaco and her siblings as I do for William and Harry.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 08-31-2017, 11:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
How relieved I will be when all this 20th anniversary commemoration stuff is over! So depressing and sad, and I am proud to admit I have not watched one TV special and I don't intend to. RIP Diana.

Next month on Sept 14th it will be the 35 anniversary of Princess Grace's car crash and I think all the "commemoration" will begin again-to a much lesser degree than what we are seeing with Diana.

I feel as bad for Princess Stephanie of Monaco and her siblings as I do for William and Harry.
The anniversaries don't have to be sad and depressing. It's about celebrating the life and legacy 20 years and 35 years later.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-31-2017, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Altho' she was a difficult personality, [and much of what she did at the end of her marriage and life I dislike intensely] the late Princess' work with the Homeless and on AIDS was transformative. May she rest in Peace.
Agree! But did she do it for the homeless or herself? That's the difficulty with admiring Diana for something, because she was very manipulative. And if we compare her charity work with that of Charles, then there's not much for us to brag about is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I've watched four documentaries: One from BBC, Two from ITV and one from Channel 5, but not the one from Sky News or the Channel 4 crap. I really enjoyed the touching interviews with William/Harry and the interviews with the courtier Sir Malcolm Ross.

And as you both wrote, May Diana rest in Peace.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

If Charles had died suddenly in the summer of 1984 his record of charity work and causes may well not have been quite so admirable, though. Diana died at 36. Who knows what she might have accomplished at 56.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:31 PM
Majesty

Lots of Diana coverage in Canada. The morning shows were about her and there are evening news specials tonight.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

We've already had the documentaries in the UK, so there's nothing scheduled on regular channels like BBC One, ITV, Channel 4 or Channel 5. But the News Channels has reporters outside Kensington Palace and has talked with royal commentators.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
If Charles had died suddenly in the summer of 1984 his record of charity work and causes may well not have been quite so admirable, though. Diana died at 36. Who knows what she might have accomplished at 56.
Lord, isn't that the truth! She was taken so young and at the time she was about to embark on championing many other causes. She did a lot during that short time though. Folks just have to listen to the officials from the charities she was patron of.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-31-2017, 01:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Charles funded the Prince's Trust back in 1976. He was 28. The Prince's trust is one of the biggest charity in the UK. As far i know, it's quite admirable too.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I was making a point about Diana being gone too soon, and she may well have accomplished so much in the years since, in the areas of AIDS/HIV, anti-Landmines, homelessness and a great deal more.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:34 PM
Royal Highness

For me one of the most poignant moment was the flag covered cofin exiting the Pitié de la Salpetriere, surrounded by the Republican guard, with the Prince of Wales, Jane, Sarah, President and Mrs Chirac looking on.

She left Paris as a true Princess.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
For me one of the most poignant moment was the flag covered cofin exiting the Pitié de la Salpetriere, surrounded by the Republican guard, with the Prince of Wales, Jane, Sarah, President and Mrs Chirac looking on.

She left Paris as a true Princess.
It was a very dignified departure from Paris and she was welcomed back home in a dignified way too. Very royal!

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-31-2017, 02:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Agree! But did she do it for the homeless or herself? That's the difficulty with admiring Diana for something, because she was very manipulative. And if we compare her charity work with that of Charles, then there's not much for us to brag about....
Who are we to judge the reasons Diana performed her duties? Perhaps Charles is only doing his duties to make himself look better? And she had only a decade to do what she did, while the PoW has had 40+ years to make his mark.

Abraham Lincoln