The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-09-2017, 05:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
A trailer has apparently come out for a documentary to be shown later this month in which Diana's sons remember her and show some never before seen photos of their mother. They describe her as full of fun, the 'naughtiest of parents' and one who 'smothered us with love, that's for sure!' Others that have never spoken of Diana before will also appear in this documentary. So looking forward to this!

'She was one of the naughtiest parents': Princes William and Harry remember their mother Princess Diana

Channel Seven just promoted it Curryong, saying they will be broadcasting it "soon".

(This is in Australia.)

Old 07-19-2017, 04:46 PM
Majesty

See the poster for the new Princess Diana Doc

HBO Documentary Diana, Our Mother First Look - Princess Diana HBO Documentary Poster

Old 07-20-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
That is pretty cool.

You'd probably be interested then in the many wonderful posts on information about her Spencer ancestry. It can be found here.

Princess Diana's Ancestry and Family
Thank you!
Old 07-20-2017, 09:51 PM
Serene Highness

New Diana exhibition at Buckingham Palace.

Princess Diana's belongings displayed at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-20-2017, 11:10 PM
Heir Apparent

William and Harry have recreated a Diana desk for the 20th anniversary.

Prince William and Prince Harry Recreate Princess Diana's Desk
Old 07-22-2017, 07:46 PM
Serene Highness

Australian Channel Seven will be screening the new Diana documentary next Sunday night - on their "Sunday Night" program.

And Australian Diana fans with access to the Sydney newspaper, "Sunday Telegraph" -

- from next Sunday, there will be the first of a seven-part commemorative magazine collection, celebrating Diana's legacy, with the paper.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princes tell documentary of " fun childhood with Diana ".
Old 07-23-2017, 12:19 AM
Heir Apparent

' We bounced between the two of them and never saw either enough'. William and Harry talk in new doco about the impact the toxic relationship between their parents which ended in divorce had on them.

Princes on impact of parents' toxic marital breakdown | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-23-2017, 12:42 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Considering that the boys were both away at boarding schools by the time of the War of the Wales and the subsequent divorce, it makes sense to me that they felt they never had enough time with either parent.
Old 07-23-2017, 03:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

William and Harry's agony over final phone call with Diana | Daily Mail Online
'The things I'd have said to her... if I knew it was the last time we'd speak': William and Harry's agony over final phone call with Diana as they share unseen photos - including one of princess pregnant
Old 07-23-2017, 03:31 AM
Majesty

That has to be the most excruciating part of a sudden death. The loss of the chance to have "last words" with each other. To say "I love you" one more time and to be there with a loved one as they pass on.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

why are they talking about this in public? It is int teh past, discuss among their famly and friends. Talk to a therapist. Don't drag it all out in public again. we can guess that there were difficulties in the family esp for the children. we don't need to know the details.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:36 AM
Majesty

Y'know, I agree with you. It does no good to publicly refresh the memories of the bad times.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:40 AM
Heir Apparent

A lot of this documentary apparently concentrates on Diana's impact and her influence on others, re her charity work and clauses. More people are speaking about Diana than her two sons. The DM is just cherry-picking some of the princes' musings and remembrances of their mother. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Curryong. It's on channel 7 next Sunday not sure of the time ( Australia)
Old 07-23-2017, 05:35 AM
Courtier

I don't know why they want to speak about their mother but surely that as well as silence, is their prerogative?
Old 07-23-2017, 05:35 AM
Royal Highness

I SO wish the Princes would stop 'emoting' in Public, as [their Mothers experience proves] NO good will come of it.. Their words will be twisted and used against themselves or others they love..
Bare ones Soul, by all means, to trusted family/friends/therapists but not to 'the wider World' and especially not to the Press...
Old 07-23-2017, 06:36 AM
Aristocracy

I am so glad that the Princes have chosen to share some of their special memories about their mother. It's wonderful to finally hear from her children and not just from journalists or others who have no real connection to Diana other than to make a profit using her name.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:55 AM
Heir Apparent

20th Anniversary of the Death of Diana, Princess of Wales: August 31, 2017

Why don't people actually wait to watch the documentary before they pass judgment. It's way easy to cherry pick stuff and then the context is lost.

People have emotions and Royals are people. They aren't robots. You would not tell someone who lost a family member in the recent terror attacks or Grenville fire not to show emotions but for a Royal it a no no. Harry gets praised on this site all the time because he shows his emotions and hugs a bunch of people, but he and William can't talk about their late mother?

Did anyone complain when Charles went on tv and emoted about the loss of his Grandmother the QM? Should no royal speak of their emotions when the Queen and Philip pass?

I lost my mother 12 years ago to cancer. I still remember the last thing I said to her in person before I drove the 10 hours back home to my house and then she died two weeks later with me 700 miles away. My brother in law stopped breathing in the middle of the night last April. My sister had to do CPR and call 911. The paramedics got his heart to start but he never woke up and my sister had to end life support. She is super messed up still months later. She is on antidepressants and goes to therapy and had to take a leave of absence from her job. William and Harry telling about their struggles after Diana's death or Kate telling about being unsure as a first time mother lets other people know it's okay to feel the emotions when something happens. They are people and people aren't perfect even royal princes and princesses.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Skippyboo your so right and I have been though the grieving process that never ends it's alway just a breath away. If people don't like it they don't have to watch it It's Will and Harry's choice and everyone else should butt out and mind their own business