The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-18-2017, 11:37 AM
Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry are presenting a new award on behalf of The @DianaAward at St. James's Palace today.
The Duke and Prince Harry meet the 20 outstanding young people who have won The @DianaAward Inaugural Legacy Award.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAHKypXVoAQDFZ8.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAHNPLMVYAAdaIl.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAHNPLaUwAIyhU6.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAHSuZOVwAI7Cvy.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAHSuXtUAAIZoEc.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAHSuZQUIAARi-4.jpg

http://people.com/royals/william-and...rincess-diana/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...acy-Award.html

Old 05-18-2017, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

What a marvellous Award, and how proud Diana would be of her sons. I bet she was up there absolutely beaming with pride. All the nominees for this award are terrific. Imagine being physically disabled and yet still devoted to helping others for example! Well done to them all!

Old 05-18-2017, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry meet twenty inspiring young people and present the first Diana Awards at St James's Palace

Old 06-01-2017, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

'We felt we let our mother down....couldn't protect her.' William and Harry give emotional interview for BBC documentary.

Prince William confesses he and Harry 'let Diana down' | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-01-2017, 07:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

I can't dictate the princes feelings, but, none of if is their fault. There's plenty of blame to spread around to the many adults that surrounded them and the ignorant people who put Diana and others in the car in that situation in the first place.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-01-2017, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

When someone we love dies we always feel guilt it's part of the grieving process. I don't think he means just the accident either I think he means her life.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
When someone we love dies we always feel guilt it's part of the grieving process. I don't think he means just the accident either I think he means her life.
Yeah, I know. I'm just saying the adults in Diana's life should've been there to help her and give her the support she so desperately needed.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-01-2017, 08:16 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
After all I've read, I tend to believe that there were a lot of adults around in Diana's life that were more than willing to help her. She was headstrong and refused it and went her own way and wanted to deal with things on her own and in her own time.

I just don't buy that there weren't adults there to help her if she wanted it.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:23 AM
Heir Apparent

We aren't getting the full picture of this interview that is coming up in the documentary I think, just snippets. However, from the tenor of some of William's remarks I don't believe he is speaking just about the accident that took his mother's life, but also is commenting on Diana's life within the royal family. How isolated and alone she felt as a young woman, as William says, how she felt she had difficulties in putting her side across. This is just my opinion, but I feel her two sons understand how she felt and are sympathetic to those feelings.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Curryong I think your right that's my take on what I have read. I also think it's something William might have wanted to talk about for a while but it's taken some courage to do so.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:32 AM
Majesty

India Hicks was a bridesmaid at Charles and Diana's wedding. Twenty years after the princess's death, she shares her very personal memories

Old 06-11-2017, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
India Hicks was a bridesmaid at Charles and Diana's wedding. Twenty years after the princess's death, she shares her very personal memories

That was a nice read, although i'm sure India has given her memories of this wedding many times before. What's interesting is that in 30 odd years Lady Louise or Lady Margarita will be giving their memories of William and Catherine's wedding in articles.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:20 PM
Majesty

A devoted royalist is to put her huge collection of Princess Diana memorabilia on display at her local museum in Gloucester this summer to mark the 20th anniversary of her death.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that a number of posts relating to Diana's health have been moved to the Diana's Eating Disorders and Health Issues thread.
Since this thread relates to the 20th anniversary of her death, discussion about Diana's relationship with other members of the Royal Family and her marriage to Charles can take place in those topics' respective threads. Thank you.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:27 PM
Majesty

William/Kate and Harry to attend a private service for Diana

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend a private service to re-dedicate the grave of Diana, Princess of Wales at Althorp House on Saturday 1 July.

The service, which will fall on what would have been the Princess's birthday, will be conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury and attended by her family.

Per Majesty Magazine
Old 06-28-2017, 12:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

There will be no media present-
https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyalRepo...83435955646464

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-28-2017, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

No, and why should it be?
Old 06-28-2017, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
No, and why should it be?
Right, just pointing out that no one should expect to see anything from the private service.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-28-2017, 12:43 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I find this quite touching that the grave will be rededicated by the members of Diana's family on her birthday. More importantly, I'm glad it will be kept private for family members. It gives them the time to gather together and share their memories and remember someone they loved very much.

It will be also something that both George and Charlotte will be able to understand. A real, live event going to a service for their grandmother and being able to get a mental picture of her place in the family scheme of things, hear some wonderful memories about her. It will enhance the reality of a grandmother to them that they've never been able to meet.

I hope that the press and photographers respect the family's wishes at this time and not focus on getting a "scoop".
Old 06-28-2017, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I hope that the press and photographers respect the family's wishes at this time and not focus on getting a "scoop".
I wouldn't bet on it.