Wedding of Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo, July 25 & August 1, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was it necessary to wear 6 wedding dresses ?
The Monegasque traditionnal dress
The pink Haute Couture dress.
The white haute couture evening dress.

the white long dress
2 Wedding dresses a lace wedding dress and a Grecian

Strictly spoken Donna Beatrice wore only two wedding dresses: one at the civil ceremony in Monaco and one at the religious ceremony in Italy. All other outfits were for the surrounding festivities and not a "wedding dress".

:flowers:

Beautiful people, beautiful settings, beautiful wedding.

The picture of the 2 grandmothers is very sweet.
Do we know in which hotel the guests were staying?

Maybe Haakon and Mette Marit brought Marius along to introduce him to Alexandra ;-)

It seems the guests were staying at the Grand Hotel des Îles Borromées (5 stars). See picture.

Well that's just it. Athina has never been seen at Any of the many socialite gatherings getting to know everyone and therefore being included in the social set. I guess it is her choice not to get involved with the European social set.

Athina Onassis, herself a professional show jumping amazone, is married with Álvaro Afonso de Miranda Neto, a professional show jumping rider. Both of them are very involved with the happy few, travelling all around the world, attending concourses hippique, by nature very posh events. They are waaaay older than Donna Beatrice and Pierre, it is really not so strange they were not among the guests....

Last edited by a moderator:
Athina Onassis, herself a professional show jumping amazone, is married with Álvaro Afonso de Miranda Neto, a professional show jumping rider. Both of them are very involved with the happy few, travelling all around the world, attending concourses hippique, by nature very posh events. They are waaaay older than Donna Beatrice and Pierre, it is really not so strange they were not among the guests....

Athina Onassis is born in 1985, like Beatrice. :flowers:

The 2 grandmothers 's faces show the lifes they had.
Chapeau Mrs Casighari !.

No picture of the Bride's Father , no picture of Lavina Elkann.

The Bride stole the show with her 6 dresses !
As Moonmaiden said She was the star of one Show.

The most expensive wedding we never had , including the high Security !

No picture of the Bride's Father , no picture of Lavina Elkann.

The Bride stole the show with her 6 dresses !
As Moonmaiden said She was the star of one Show.

The most expensive wedding we never had , including the high Security !

I don't think this was "the most expensive wedding". When you read that for the recent wedding of Prince Carl Philip of Sweden Volvo supplied 35 XC90 D5 cars "with a Luminous Sand exterior with light leather interiors"... Just an example.

The Casiraghi-Borromeo wedding was glamorous but by no means "the most expensive". The wedding of the Prince of Orange, back then in 2002, did cost (all posts included) around 22 million Euro (!). Pierre and Beatrice really do not come even close to that.

Was Albert and Charlene at the wedding? It would be odd if they missed it as Albert was so close to Pierre when he was growing up.

Was Albert and Charlene at the wedding? It would be odd if they missed it as Albert was so close to Pierre when he was growing up.

There's no pictures of either of them from this weekend, so it would appear not. Albert has been away on business in his role as committee member for the Olympics. They were at last week's civic ceremony.

I hope there is at least one group shot from the religious ceremony released showing all the immediate members of the family.
Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

In society circles this wedding was not even close to the most expensive wedding.

i can't wait to see pictures of all 6 of beatrice's gowns. so far she look splendid in the ones we've seen! i was sure she wouldn't disappoint. interesting though that she chose no tiara. i wonder if she used one for the wedding party.

what on earth was mette marit thinking with that dress of hers though? it's plain awful.

interesting mix of guests, from norway and luxembourg royals, to lana del rey, to the italian vogue editor... i was expecting claire and felix to go as pierre and beatrice attended their wedding some years back, but didn't know haakon and MM were close to the bride and groom. maybe they met through franca sozzani?

I could not see other known members of Marzotto family than Marta and paola in the photos. The tax evasion scandal has divided the family to the point that they won't attend?

In society circles this wedding was not even close to the most expensive wedding.

Including security, Prince William's wedding cost over £20m or around 34 million US dollars. Still not much by royal standards I guess.

Last edited:
I was bad in my explanation.
I meant the most expensive wedding for a non royal Couple .

Of course for Princes William, Willem Alexander , and recently in Sweden whose parents and grand mother are reigning Royals the attendance was the best .

If ever there was a wedding that cried out for a Hello /Hola special, this is it. I hope they devote lots of pages to it and get a few exclusives.

If ever there was a wedding that cried out for a Hello /Hola special, this is it. I hope they devote lots of pages to it and get a few exclusives.

Exactly my thoughts. I already pla to buy them.

I could not see other known members of Marzotto family than Marta and paola in the photos. The tax evasion scandal has divided the family to the point that they won't attend?

Wasn't Maria, aka Diamante, Paola's sister photographed next to Marta outside the hotel in Stresa? The two sisters look drop dead like each other.

BTW, Debbies and other Italian posters, there's a funny article about the wedding on dagospia website. ;)

TG 2 RAI

Last edited:
:previous: Ram-pollo is precious!:lol::whistling:

Well that's just it. Athina has never been seen at Any of the many socialite gatherings getting to know everyone and therefore being included in the social set. I guess it is her choice not to get involved with the European social set.

Athina's own mother was deeply enmeshed in the European jet-set/high life. These people were not her friends and according to most Christina Onassis biographies, they often took advantage of her. Athina might be aware of this by now.

Athina has devoted herself to a private life consumed with her horses and family. She makes rare appearances at society weddings,

Yes I agree about the two grandmothers :) his paternal grandmother looks very beautiful.

I don't think this was "the most expensive wedding". When you read that for the recent wedding of Prince Carl Philip of Sweden Volvo supplied 35 XC90 D5 cars "with a Luminous Sand exterior with light leather interiors"... Just an example.

The Casiraghi-Borromeo wedding was glamorous but by no means "the most expensive". The wedding of the Prince of Orange, back then in 2002, did cost (all posts included) around 22 million Euro (!). Pierre and Beatrice really do not come even close to that.

I have no idea how much it cost, frankly none of us really knows. But the week-long nuptial celebrations of Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo celebrated in Monte Carlo and Lago di Maggiore in settings of unprecedented beauty and wealth were by far the most glamorous I have seen in many years. It united aristocracy, Royalty, the worlds of high fashion and finance, and old money. There was, God be praised, not even a hint of Hollywood present.;)

And the absolute undisputed star of the show was the gorgeous bride, descendant of one of Italy's most ancient aristocratic dynasties.

It was, for me at least, the real Wedding of the Year, far surpassing the Swedish Royal wedding in June despite it's Volvo cars with leather interiors.

I have no idea how much it cost, frankly none of us really knows. But the week-long nuptial celebrations of Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo celebrated in Monte Carlo and Lago di Maggiore in settings of unprecedented beauty and wealth were by far the most glamorous I have seen in many years. It united aristocracy, Royalty, the worlds of high fashion and finance, and old money. There was, God be praised, not even a hint of Hollywood present.;)

And the absolute undisputed star of the show was the gorgeous bride, descendant of one of Italy's most ancient aristocratic dynasties.

It was, for me at least, the real Wedding of the Year, far surpassing the Swedish Royal wedding in June despite it's Volvo cars with leather interiors.
I absolutely agree, truly stunning occasion, the top of royal year 2015!

the perfect summary ..:whistling: I know, I'm bad ..:cool::D

Me too :devil:

For our foreign readers it means that she'll be the one wearing the trousers in the family.

Including security, Prince William's wedding cost over £20m or around 34 million US dollars. Still not much by royal standards I guess.

Not much?? Too much, because wedding of CP Victoria of Sweden cost over 10 million SEK (swedish krona) around 15 million SEK. Prince William and his wife had too many guest: around 1200-1800 in the church and around 800 at the reception at the palace. Their private party had 500 guests so too much people too much costs!

Last edited:

I agree! Both Pierre and his brother had fairytale weddings and the best I've seen of any "royal wedding". Here's to hoping Charlotte decides to join the club!

Back
Top Bottom