Wedding of Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo, July 25 & August 1, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone seems confused on being negative and being factual. Misrepresentations need to be faced with honesty and one of the key values of this forum is that you can get genuine insights from locals.
Facts are objective, but opinions are subjective. The statement below is an opinion so no, I'm not confused.

Marta isn't much of a fashion designer, she will probably shut her business sooner or later like Lavinia Elkann did.

Anyway, to get back on topic, Beatrice and Pierre looked really great and happy. I wish them all the best.

Question: which wedding date will be considered their anniversary?

:previous:Good question Chimene! I've often wondered the same thing when two ceremonies are involved.

I suppose religiously observant people consider themselves married after the Church wedding. But in the case of Casiraghi/Borromeo I have no idea. They've been together as a couple for years, the ceremony is simply a formality at this point.

I read somewhere that this entire week will be given over to celebration for the two of them, culminating in their grand event Saturday in the Borromean Islands.

Lucky, lucky people!:whistling:

Funny pic of news, am not in the position to say whether it's true or just a joke, they claim that Beatrice Borromeo has worked as journalist doing a telephone interview on the day of her wedding:
Beatrice Borromeo e Pierre Casiraghi, al matrimonio lei lavora

Maybe it's true, maybe not, but by putting the article on the cover (as it seems from the picture), and by having the story "leaked" it looks to me like Marco Travaglio (the Editor-in-chief for the left-wing daily Beatrice writes for) may have "used" Beatrice's celebrity status at the moment to either help her with her (always shaky) credibility or to draw attention to his newspaper.

I have a five page article of Point de Vue showing the religious wedding of Lavina Borromeo and John Elkann.
Lovely pictures of one of one italian big events : The Agnelli ( industry power ) and Borromeo (important family since the XIIIe century) and was seen as the first happy event after very sad ones.
Lovely pictures of the new weds , Lavinia wore the Borromeo tiara such as Isabella.
Mathilde wore the Fuerstenberg tiara.
Lavina's dress from Valentino needed 2 months work for 15 ladies and 150 m lace.
No tweets , no Instagram, lovely pictures of the Elkann, still happy and have Children.
I hope the same for Saturday and says Amen as Duke.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: So Hello!, as expected, seems to have more pics of the wedding?:whistling:

I would like to know who are the couple's wedding witnesses...

Chimene said:
Question: which wedding date will be considered their anniversary?

I have also wondered about this. And some couples have the two ceremonies on consecutive days, like P Albert and P Charlene, or a week apart like Pierre and Beatrice or even 6 months (I think) apart like Andrea and Tatiana. Does the RC Church allow them to live together as husband and wife before the religious ceremony takes place? Since these couples, and many others, have lived together before getting married I guess it is not an issue. But how would very traditional and religious observant couples approach this?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

I wonder if the picture of Beatrice and Pierre in Monegasque costumes is official or "leaked". Hola Argentina is the only one to have it it seems. Also, funny that Argentina is where Beatrice's mother spends most of her time...
In any case, Hola also had a wonderful spread on Matilde's wedding so maybe there's some sort of agreement.

I have also wondered about this. And some couples have the two ceremonies on consecutive days, like P Albert and P Charlene, or a week apart like Pierre and Beatrice or even 6 months (I think) apart like Andrea and Tatiana. Does the RC Church allow them to live together as husband and wife before the religious ceremony takes place? Since these couples, and many others, have lived together before getting married I guess it is not an issue. But how would very traditional and religious observant couples approach this?

For a traditional catholic the religious marriage is the one that counts; my parents had their civil wedding half a year before their religious one but the wedding anniversaries are only celebrated on the day of the religious one (in fact by now they had almost forgotten the civil date ;) )

And the traditional orthodox too like here the religious counts.

In my family also the religious wedding is the one which is remembered. That is usually "the grand wedding" while the civil ceremony is then felt as "just picking up the certificate of marriage". By the way: more and more people do not have any religious marriage anymore in Europe. It differs from country to country. In some countries religious weddings are still the norm, in other countries it has become a rarity. In almost all European countries however counts: it is the civil registration, and that alone, which is binding for law.

I've had a look at the whole issue of the current Spanish Hola magazine and to my/our disappointment there actually are no "exclusive" pics as promised.

The pic of Beatrice and Pierre in the national costumes is the only special one, the others are the same or similar versions of the paparazzi pics we've already seen: the guests arriving at the wedding, a few garden pics from far away, the guests arriving in the evening, pics of the party the next day and the official couple and group pictures.

As to my experience over the years I guess it's the same for Hello and Hola Argentina, as they all belong together.

Prince Albert is atthe CIO seccion which will take place from july 30th to august 3, Friday july 31th will be a very important day because there will be the vote of the future olympic town for winter 2020, I don(t know if Albert wll be present to the religious wedding of Pierre.
Perhaps, he will return to Italia on saturday.

I'm enjoying the New release of oggi italian magazine, Pierre and Beatrice on the frontcover dressed in monegasque costumes. I love it, looks fresh, spontaneous, relaxed, happy. Www.Oggi.it

According to Spanish Hola,and usually they have the right sources,the wedding ceremony itself will be held in the morning at Isolino do San Giovanni,the only private island among the three.Followed by a reception at the Castle Angera,guests will be transported via a speed boat.The castle is already closed for visitors according to some signs,from July 30 to August 3.

I don't know how to copy paste the link via my fone.

Last edited:
Debbies, can you post that pic?

^^^ previous
Thanks, Debbies, that is a great pic! So nice to see the young generation still proud to wear traditional dress. I'd love to see what the other guests wore too.

Thanks for answering my question, everyone. It makes perfect sense that the religious ceremony takes precedence. :flowers:

I would like to see India too for once...:flowers: She is still too young, but I don't think they let her behind... she must be with a nanny...

Yesterday, July 30, Andrea, Tatiana and the kids arrived in Italy for the wedding.

Sacha is such a cutie as always :)

** royalista.com article **

And today, July 31, some lovely ladies were spotted on the lake :)

** gettyimages gallery **

Lovely ladies like P. Caroline and Charlotte!!! :flowers:

The most beautiful bridal procession... Hola wonders who will be the children who'll walk the bride up to the altar...

Pierre Casiraghi y Beatrice Borromeo: el cortejo nupcial más lindo

Pierre Casiraghi y Beatrice Borromeo: el cortejo nupcial más lindo

Here are some bigger photos of the ladies... :flowers:
The Grimaldi girls arrive at Lago Maggiore for the big wedding

La familia Grimaldi llega al lago Maggiore

Las chicas Grimaldi llegan al lago Maggiore para la gran boda"

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...ine-charlotte-casiraghi-arrive-italy-wedding/

Monaco royals arrive in Italy for Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo's second wedding

Back
Top Bottom