Wedding of Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo, July 25 & August 1, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The bride's family are not the owners of the isles. They belong to the affluent side of the Borromeo family, whose chief was Conte Giberto Borromeo Arese, uncle of Beatrice and her sisters, who passed away in February. The family chief is now his son, Vitaliano Borromeo Arese. They are the affluent and key part of the family, run several businesses including the steel industry, always maintained a low profile and rarely appear on the media. The Borromeo sisters belong to the poorest side of the family. Their father has a farm in Lomellina, South of Milan. Marrying all these girls appropriately was an issue for their father, and he succeeded. Most of them have no titles as born out of wedlock(daughter and son of Paola Marzotto). Beatrice has no titles. Addio al principe Giberto Borromeo Arese - La Stampa

Well that's even better. Being able to use the islands for your parties and holidays but not having the burden of owning, maintaining etc.

Marty No religious ceremony for the Casiraghi and Hannover wedding.

I'm not surprised about the lack of photos, we have to wait for Bea and Pierre to release ones.

Last edited:
I confirm that Carlo Ferdinando, father of Beatrice and the sisters, is a cadet son, belongs to the poorest side of the Borromeo family and is not the owner of the isles. The main branch of the family (and the affluent one holding titles) is the one of Vitaliano Borromeo, current chief of Borromeo family.
Re. the titles: Carlo Ludovico has no title as well as Beatrice as out of wedlock. Re. the other girls (daughters of his wife Marion Zota) I am not even sure whether they have family titles or not. All this shall be verified. ;)

Hi Debbies - I agree, Carlo Ferdinando is a cadet son, so no argument there. But I can confirm that the three sisters are titled and Beatrice isn't. They have all confirmed this in various interviews, I can give you sources if you like. Lavinia, Isabella and Matillde are "Donnas". Carlo Ludovico shouldn't carry a title either but since he is the only male son I was wondering if there's an exception, maybe not. :flowers:

True about the Marzotto and Valentino business situation. Still, the Borromeos retain a very close relationship with the maison.
http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Depending on the law of each country a separate civil and religious ceremony are required (provided you wish to have a religious one). In some countries the religious ceremony is valid also for the "civil" side, in others isn't so two separate ceremonies are required.
Princess Caroline and Stefano Casiraghi's wedding was only civil because I believe that she hadn't received annulment form the Catholic Church's Sacra Rota of her marriage to Junot, yet. Albert, Andrea and Pierre will all have had both a civil and religious ceremony.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty No religious ceremony for the Casiraghi and Hannover wedding.

Caroline was still married with Phillipe Junot for the catholic church at the time of her wedding with Stefano... they could marry only legally because she had obtained divorce civilly, th sacra rota was still deciding on whether to annulled the sacrament. Ernst of Hannover was divorced too, so no religious wedding was possible at that time. Hope it is clear enough:flowers:

They certainly are publicity seeking but try to appear not to. For example, the only instagram that appears miraculously is valentinos?
The video of guests going to the hotel de paris, so many women just clomping about in their long dresses and heels! Charlotte does not look very healthy, IMO.
I do remember Lavinia wedding on the island and how it was her uncles

Hi Debbies - I agree, Carlo Ferdinando is a cadet son, so no argument there. But I can confirm that the three sisters are titled and Beatrice isn't. They have all confirmed this in various interviews, I can give you sources if you like. Lavinia, Isabella and Matillde are "Donnas". Carlo Ludovico shouldn't carry a title either but since he is the only male son I was wondering if there's an exception, maybe not. :flowers:

True about the Marzotto and Valentino business situation. Still, the Borromeos retain a very close relationship with the maison.

Thank you Juliette. To be picky, "donna" is not exactly a noble title but a "honorary treatment". It simply means that a woman belings to a noble family. What I meant with having no titles in fact is that they are not countess, baroness, etc. :flowers:;)

The bride's father Count Carlo Borromeo, his wife Marta, and his mistress(the mother-of-the-bride) all gathered together to enjoy a family wedding.

I love it!:lol::ohmy:

Marta is not Carlo' s wife, but Beatrice's maternal grandmother, that's Paola's Mom.

Again, Beatrice bears no noble title as well as her brother, since their parents never married. She can't be styled as 'Donna' either, because of the above mentioned reason. She's just la 'sciura Casiraghi' (in the Milanese dialect) or la signora Casiraghi/Mrs. Casiraghi. However in the eyes of the Italian law she'll always bear her maiden name.
Her mother is styled Donna Paola of the Counts Marzotto di Schio.

I confirm that Carlo Ferdinando, father of Beatrice and the sisters, is a cadet son, belongs to the poorest side of the Borromeo family and is not the owner of the isles. The main branch of the family (and the affluent one holding titles) is the one of Vitaliano Borromeo, current chief of Borromeo family.
Re. the titles: Carlo Ludovico has no title as well as Beatrice as out of wedlock. Re. the other girls (daughters of his wife Marion Zota) I am not even sure whether they have family titles or not. All this shall be verified. ;)

Debbies, as far as I know the Italian aristocratic women don't get any title, apart from 'Donna' (Lady), which is a honorary one. The daughter fo Prince Rispoli explained that she is styled as Donna Giacinta of the Princes Ruspoli, not Princess Giacinta Ruspoli.

I am not sure about Monegasque law but in Italy, a woman who marries does not change surname so, technically, she will always be Mrs. Beatrice Borromeo "in" Casiraghi. But, yes, I can see how she will be "la sciura Casiraghi".. ahah!

And going back in time, let's share a piece of factual information on the groom - for the Italian public, this is the only action worth notice that he's taken so far: illegally spraying walls in Milan in 2007. Pierre graffitaro a Milano. The police did not catch him but the paparazzi did. All he got was a parking fine.
Can you imagine what happens if you spray walls in Montecarlo?

The hilarious side of the story is the speculation that the graffiti was his self portrait. :ROFLMAO:
Story of how photographers spotted Pierre spraying walls at night and account of his comments:
Casiraghi jr graffitaro a Milano . Corriere della Sera

Pictures:
Pierre Casiraghi, il writer che imbratta i muri: ovviamente non di Montecarlo

This is to say that this is a wedding of collateral and sometimes controversial figures, not nobility let alone royals. ;)

Debbies, as far as I know the Italian aristocratic women don't get any title, apart from 'Donna' (Lady), which is a honorary one. The daughter fo Prince Rispoli explained that she is styled as Donna Giacinta of the Princes Ruspoli, not Princess Giacinta Ruspoli.

Tosca, I'm not sure of this. I know a principessa of Southern Italian nobility who says she has got the title via her father, while her brother is the heir prince - or at least this is what she says. In my understanding, it depends on whether your father files an update on the Libro d'Oro della Nobilta' Italiana. But again, I would seek advice from an expert to be entirely sure.;)

Last edited:
And going back in time, let's share a piece of factual information on the groom - for the Italian public, this is the only action worth notice that he's taken so far: illegally spraying walls in Milan in 2007. Pierre graffitaro a Milano. The police did not catch him but the paparazzi did. All he got was a parking fine.
Can you imagine what happens if you spray walls in Montecarlo?

The hilarious side of the story is the speculation that the graffiti was his self portrait. :ROFLMAO:
Story:
Casiraghi jr graffitaro a Milano . Corriere della Sera

Pictures:
Pierre Casiraghi, il writer che imbratta i muri: ovviamente non di Montecarlo

This is to say that this is a wedding of collateral and sometimes controversial figures, not nobility let alone royals. ;)

I had missed that story! :ohmy: Not funny....:nonono:

http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Lots more pictures on Olycom! Olycom - News

Pauline Ducruet looks like she's going to the beach...and I'm not sure what to make of the yellow "ricard" bar

Last edited:

Somehow I can´t imagine, who would be more nobility than nephew of sovereign of Monaco and girl, whose father is a Count from one of the most famous Italian noble families and whose mother is a Countess.
This is an example of exquisite match of two famous families.:)

Somehow I can´t imagine, who would be more nobility than nephew of sovereign of Monaco and girl, whose father is a Count from one of the most famous Italian noble families and whose mother is a Countess.

Let's agree to disagree ;)

Could this thread please be about the wedding and not some subtle dishing on the couple? It's getting tiring :rolleyes:

Anyway.

I really like the family photo and I can spy Ernst-August jr.

Bea was very sweet! Her sisters were very beautiful and chic and Marta's style is my fav!

I can't see Charlene or Stephanie in the group pic, weird. Especially since we've seen pics of Stephanie arriving!

I have to agree. They might not be titled, but I have a hard time picturing them as some garden variety Continental Signor/Signora. They are commoners only by a technicality...not by fact.

They live more like nobility or Royals than many of the actual ones and have done so their entire lives. Their children will live on a scale most can only fantasize about.

I am still struggling to pick myself off the floor from viewing the Borromeo/Marzotta properties. They consider their 17th century palace/villa "new"??!!:lol:

Thanks everyone for spoiling my fun and clearing up the wife/husband/mistress situation at the wedding!:D

I don't like the colour of her dress (in this case), but they look happy. :D

I agree. In some countries, like the Netherlands, the natural son or daughter from a titled father, even born out of wedlock, can request to bear their father's surname, title, form of address and coat-of-arms when they desire so. Carlos Hugo Roderick Sybren Klynstra, the son of the Duke of Parma, who was born out of wedlock can go to the Court of Justice and lay down a request to be bear the surname De Bourbon de Parme, the title of Prince, the style His Royal Highness and the coat-of-arms of the House de Bourbon de Parme and have his full names and titulature registered in all formal documents.

The fact that the young man, now 18 years and adult, has not submitted such a request, is probably because he is aware of the settlement which was cordially agreed between his mother and his natural father, back then in 1997. This is illustrative how thin the difference is between being noble or not being noble. Donna Beatrice is the daughter of a Count Borromeo and a Countess Marzotto. Everyone will understand that she has the blood of two noble dynasties in her veins.

:flowers:

WOW!!! The party dress is absolutely breathtaking!

Back
Top Bottom