The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 03-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY, United States
Posts: 5
the casiraghi trio dating outside their race

I was just wondering is it allowed?
will they be like disown if they do decide to date people outside their race?
is it a faux pas?
__________________

__________________
  #2  
Old 03-13-2006, 09:53 PM
enchantednights's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie201985
I was just wondering is it allowed?
will they be like disown if they do decide to date people outside their race?
is it a faux pas?
haha i doubt it seeing as Rainier married Grace and Albert had a child with NC.
__________________

__________________
  #3  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:00 PM
grim_lady's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 424
I doubt it also. The family seems like a pretty accepting family with no prejudices against other races or religions. So yeah, the family is most likely okay with dating outside their race.
__________________
  #4  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:01 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
This is 2006 and even though I know there are some people out there who don't agree with it, it is happening more, I think. Since the trio are not heirs to the throne per se, I don't think it would be such a big deal (like Prince Max and Princess Angela since he isn't the heir).

Enchanted, what do you mean when you say you doubt it's an issue since Ranier married Grace?
__________________
  #5  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:03 PM
enchantednights's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
This is 2006 and even though I know there are some people out there who don't agree with it, it is happening more, I think. Since the trio are not heirs to the throne per se, I don't think it would be such a big deal (like Prince Max and Princess Angela since he isn't the heir).

Enchanted, what do you mean when you say you doubt it's an issue since Ranier married Grace?
oh i just meant he was french and she was from the US.
__________________
  #6  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:09 PM
acid_rain3075's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anchorage, United States
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantednights
oh i just meant he was french and she was from the US.
But that isn't outside their race so why would that be a problem?
__________________
  #7  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:11 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Well, Charlotte did have a boyfriend awhile back who was black, or at least it said so in the media but I forgot his name. He was a french guy at her school in fontainebleau. I don't recall any big deal made of it. In fact, it was said it was a suitable match because his family was very well-to-do.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
  #8  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:13 PM
enchantednights's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075
But that isn't outside their race so why would that be a problem?
i was thinking nationality, seeing as there was this taboo with european princes marrying outside of europe.
__________________
  #9  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:14 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
OK, I was like, they both look white to me!

I'd be curious to see a pic or get the name of this gentleman that Carlotta dated.
__________________
  #10  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Princejohnny25's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: , Antarctica
Posts: 2,033
Decided to start a thread like this over hear to. Well, Monaco is very international and as long as they rich then I dont think they would have any problem really. I mean albert has a black illegitamate son and the people dont really care.
__________________
  #11  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Lil princess lost's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Well, Charlotte did have a boyfriend awhile back who was black, or at least it said so in the media but I forgot his name. He was a french guy at her school in fontainebleau. I don't recall any big deal made of it. In fact, it was said it was a suitable match because his family was very well-to-do.
Got any pictures?
__________________
  #12  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:15 PM
enchantednights's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
OK, I was like, they both look white to me!

I'd be curious to see a pic or get the name of this gentleman that Carlotta dated.
haha yeah i realised right after i had posted it same thing with NC I was thinking Togo and with Grace US and just got it mixed up. doing too many things at once haha
__________________
  #13  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:17 PM
enchantednights's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
Decided to start a thread like this over hear to. Well, Monaco is very international and as long as they rich then I dont think they would have any problem really. I mean albert has a black illegitamate son and the people dont really care.
well i don't neccessarily think they would have to be rich. it would help. but if they were middle class and educated i don't think it would matter much. i mean look at metter marit in norway. and she's crown princess! so if the casiraghis fell for someone of low income, i doubt it would be much of a fuss
__________________
  #14  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:22 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
I've always believed that class trumps race. . .most of the time. BUT ultimately, love is love. And a middle or low class person with a good heart trumps a rich cold person anyday.
__________________
  #15  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Lafawnduh's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: santa barbara, United States
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_lady
I doubt it also. The family seems like a pretty accepting family with no prejudices against other races or religions. So yeah, the family is most likely okay with dating outside their race.
I don't really think so,since Rainier refused to marry Albert to Nicole because she was black, and I even heard that he completely ignored Alexandre. :(
__________________
  #16  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:40 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
Did Albert even want to marry her? If so, I didn't know that.
__________________
  #17  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:49 PM
enchantednights's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafawnduh
I don't really think so,since Rainier refused to marry Albert to Nicole because she was black, and I even heard that he completely ignored Alexandre. :(
i honestly down Albert wanted to settle down and especially with NC. whether Rainier liked NC and Alex or not, only he and maybe Albert know, but I'm not going to assume anything out of respect.
__________________
  #18  
Old 03-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantednights
i was thinking nationality, seeing as there was this taboo with european princes marrying outside of europe.
Well, I happened to read an interview with some Roman aristocratic ladies that they hadn't met Prince Rainier since he married "that American woman"...
__________________
Let's go back to the old, and we'll have a progress! (Giuseppe Verdi)
  #19  
Old 03-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Lil princess lost's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 146
Well this does'nt really count but Andrea is dating someone of Italian ancesrty-I don't know wether she is a born and bred Italian. Ijust know her father is Italian.
__________________
  #20  
Old 03-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil princess lost
Well this does'nt really count but Andrea is dating someone of Italian ancesrty-I don't know wether she is a born and bred Italian. Ijust know her father is Italian.
Santo Domingo is not an Italian surname.
__________________

__________________
Let's go back to the old, and we'll have a progress! (Giuseppe Verdi)
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General Questions and Information about the Casiraghi Trio & Princess Caroline kittencrews Princess Caroline and Family 773 06-27-2014 03:15 AM
Andrea, Charlotte, Pierre Casiraghi - childhood pictures sandee Princess Caroline and Family 281 08-01-2013 04:46 PM
221 Reasons to Adore the Casiraghi Trio CasiraghiTrio Princess Caroline and Family 39 01-28-2009 02:54 AM
Casiraghi Trio - Picture Thread Part I moby Princess Caroline and Family 100 11-10-2007 11:45 PM
Stefano Casiraghi Julia Princess Caroline and Family 178 08-22-2005 07:10 PM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:38 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]