The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil princess lost
Well this does'nt really count but Andrea is dating someone of Italian ancesrty-I don't know wether she is a born and bred Italian. Ijust know her father is Italian.
her father is Colombian.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
Well, I happened to read an interview with some Roman aristocratic ladies that they hadn't met Prince Rainier since he married "that American woman"...
well what i meant was that it was encouraged for europea princes to marry aristocracy (german, italian, french, etc..) and he married grace and that caused a bit of an uproar.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantednights
her father is Colombian.
I thought both her parents were or are Colombian!
Old 03-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Serene Highness

So his girlfriend is Hispanic/Latina. In the US, Hispanics are considered a minority/non-white. So there's another example I gues.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Gentry

Titiana's parentage

I hear her mother is Brazilian.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Aristocracy

I think Tati is from south america.

to the question: I'm sure that wealth is very important for the family. I doubt that they care about things like "races". Caroline may be snobbish but she's isn't a racist, can't imagine that.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Commoner

Tatiana is from Colombia, and lives in London. Her father is Colombian and her mother is from Brazil. I read she is very rich. Andrea and Tatiana came to Brazil in the last weeks, with her brother and a group of friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Smith
I think Tati is from south america.

to the question: I'm sure that wealth is very important for the family. I doubt that they care about things like "races". Caroline may be snobbish but she's isn't a racist, can't imagine that.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Nobility

:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
So his girlfriend is Hispanic/Latina. In the US, Hispanics are considered a minority/non-white. So there's another example I gues.
Yeah since she's from Brazil she would'nt be considered white because the people of South Central, America, Mexico, Puerto Rico, other islands aren't consideered white because they're mixed with the native brown race indians and black slaves, and sometimes Asians so thats why they have a seperate race catergory for them and thats why they say hispanic/latino. But in some places that were claimed by Spain such as Aregentina, and Cuba they're mostly white, with much more European influence and settellers who settled there cause they killed off the native indegenous people, but all the others I said its mostly the native or black race or mixed. But if he was dating a girl from Spain or married a girl from Spain thats completley different. Because they're caucasions over there! They're caucasion because they are, in Spain they don't seperate themselves from the rest of Europe and say they're a different race. They say like all other Europeans caucasion/white or medditeranean. Plus the whole Moorish influence in Spain is way overemphasized! It was mostly white middle eastern Moors who setteled there and very few blacks! Plus they're all expelled after awhile. Have you, like I ever taken a trip to southern Spain and Morrocco you'll find that even a southern Spainaird (where the Moors were mostly at) dosen't look anything like a north African Morrocan person! Plus everybody thinks even white Spaniards are very dark not true at all lots of Spaniards including myself, I'am Spanish American are born blondes,(just take a look at the Spanish Royalty section you'll find that they were blondes and look very white all the way through!)
and then later turns brown. They're complexion isn't that dark at all. Its usually just regular medium skin tone, you'll see olive but its usually a fairly light to medium olive olive. You'll se all difrerent kinds of colorings in Spain from dark (not as dark as some Italians and greeks even though I'm half Italian, I'm fairly light) to very fair. Plus they even did reports in Spain by the Spanish goverment I read and blood analysis says that Spain is well within and is in the Caucasion European gene pool just like any other European country. Plus the hispanic/latino catergory which I read is very true that it only applies to people who come from, mixed race ancestreal heritage from South, centeral America, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Dominican, other Spanish colonial islands , but if you're a Spaniard who comes to live in the U.S you just say white/caucasion. Lets just put it this way Spaniards are Caucasion European, like any other European country. They like to say they're Iberians.:) I'm sorry I got so off topic there I just wanted to say that, that if Charlotte's dating a guy from Spain, Pierre or Andrea are dating a girl from Spain and people, U.S people under the Royal Forums here might say, Oh she's, He's not white they're dating a different race just incase that happened I wanted to get it cleared up because everybody thinks just here in the U.S only that all Spanish Speaking countries aren't Caucasion. Most of them are not except for Spain!:) So Andrea dating a girl from Brazil I thnk its kind of neat. Portugese that unusal lovely rare language. I don't think Tatiana is really a different race because she sure looks white to me! Her facial features and everything. She dosen't look like the typical mixed race hispanic/latino.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Serene Highness

You make a good point De La Cruza, and that is something that I had to learn: Spaniards are European but South Americans have more of an African and Native Indian influence making them a different race from Caucasions.

When I look at pics of Tatiana, she's obviously fair/light compared to some other Brazilians and Colombians. We don't really know where her ancestors came from. Her parents might be from those countries but their parents might have been European. So, you're right. It's not just about where you were born. For example, a white African is still white. Even though when you think Africa, you know it's mostly in habited but black Africans.

That's why culture and class play a much bigger role than just race! :)
Old 03-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Serene Highness

Will an angel scan pics of Carlotta's ex-BF? I just want to see what he looks like. Thank you.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Commoner

I think Italians, Portuguese, Spanish and Brazilian look the same. White skin, brown hair and eyes mostly. I don´t think Tatiana should be considered a different "race" from Andrea. She may have a different culture maybe, but the looks are equal.
I don´t know anyone from hispanic descendence, and unfortunately, indians were killed centuries ago.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Serene Highness

What do you mean indians were killed centuries ago? There are Native Americans/indiginous indians everywhere (South America, Mexico, Caribbean, US/Hawaii, Australia)! There may not be a lot of them, but they still exist!

Brazil has the 2nd largest population of people with African ancestry, so NO, Italians, Portugese, Spaniards and Brazilians do not all look the same. (ETA: I see you are in Brazil, so you should know that not ALL Brazilians are/look white.)

It depends on where the origin of the person was. Tatiana may be culturally Brazilian and Colombian, but she may have European roots, so I agree that she may not be a different race.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Nobility

Well actually know Farah Monaco the indian race and dna is mixed in with the white because it was just the men who claimed those lands, and intermarried with the indian women. Plus from different South American and Mexican, Spanish Islander anthropologist say that even the mixed people are mostly just an deindinized indian, meaning mostly native with some white. But like in places like Brazil where your from and Argentina and Cuba its mostly white, most of the indians there have been killed but the other south, centeral American countries and Puerto Rico and other Spanish claimed Islands, its mostly native blood and very few Spaniards settelled. Plus just look at their facial features and coloring its all native with some white in ther too but very little. But like I said Argentina, Brazil, Cuba its mostly, white but all the other Spanish claimed lands mostly native indian blood. Plus what the white men Spaniards did to them was just TERRIBLE! So thats why they use terms like "those whites", 'the white people", "the white man", even the mixed ones with Spanish names and speak the language. Brazil actually has a large native population still and the natives don't mix with the white Portugese population now, I saw on a series of documenteries recently on PBS, so people from all the places I said are just a mix of different stuff. Theres a large native populations in all the countries I stated except for Cuba, and they don't intermarry with the white population any more. Even though most of the South, Centeral Americans colonies are mostly native indian Argentina is mostly white and still has a large indian population, but they don't intermarry with the current white Spanish population they want to make it pure. They want to make as most of their surviving native blood as possible. But your just mainly a deindianized indian, with the little bit of white in you and a medium amount of black and sometimes Asian.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Nobility

Yeah thats right BurberryBrit, Brazil does have one of the largest African populations, yes there is plenty of indigenous ancestery......plenty.......plenty.... of african ansectery.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Commoner

I don't think dating outside of their race would be so much a problem as marrying outside of their race.

Royal marriages are not as strict and "select" (as in, having no other choice but to marry white aristocracy) as they used to be, but this is a fairly recent occurrence.

So, it wouldn't really surprise me if it caused a slight uproar if one of the sibling married a person of a different race. It's simply the effect of centuries of caucasian aristocracy.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Aristocracy

Sorry my mistake-thanks 4 clearing up Tatiana's nationality guys
Old 03-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Nobility

[quote=Farah Monaco]I think Italians, Portuguese, Spanish and Brazilian look the same. White skin, brown hair and eyes mostly.

I have to disagree about this because a lot of Italians are blond, especially here in the North. Greographically we are very close to Austria and Germany, so that's probably why a lot of us are blond. I also don't think that we look like the Portuguese or the Brazilians. You'll also find that many Italians have dark hair and light eyes.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Serene Highness

[quote=giaga]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farah Monaco
I think Italians, Portuguese, Spanish and Brazilian look the same. White skin, brown hair and eyes mostly.

I have to disagree about this because a lot of Italians are blond, especially here in the North. Greographically we are very close to Austria and Germany, so that's probably why a lot of us are blond. I also don't think that we look like the Portuguese or the Brazilians. You'll also find that many Italians have dark hair and light eyes.
I agree - look at Stephano Casiraghi....
Old 03-14-2006, 11:08 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think it would be such a big deal (like Prince Max and Princess Angela since he isn't the heir).

I don't know who Prince Max or Princess Angela are (we usually hear most about the British royals in the US), so I'm not sure if what you're saying is that he's married a non-white. If that's the case, what race is she, and are there pictures. I agree that race is less of the issue than class and education - who they are as a person and what type of life they've lived seems more important. Hopefully, most people (even royals) marry for love not how much money and power that person brings to the table...although, we know that's sometimes part of the equation.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Serene Highness

Horseygal, Prince Max is the Prince of Liechtenstein and he married a black-Panamanian woman who was not of noble birth. Do a search for pics.

I think it was not as big a deal because he was not in the line of succession. If it was someone like PA marrying a black woman, thereby making a black heir, I think people wouldn't be too happy about it.

But it seems like the Monegasque royals dont care too much about at least dating ppl of other races, so it's not impossible to believe that if they were in love, marriage could be possible.