The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-10-2010, 03:43 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you! But who si Marzia then?

Old 07-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Nobility

I think it's this way

Giancarlo Casiraghi (1925 - 1998) m. Fernanda Pulici Bifi (1926)
  • Marco (1947) m. Cecilia Fossa
    • Gaia m. Mauro Boroni
      • Boy-girl twins born about 2005/2006
    • Afra m.(summer 2006) Carlo Marchetti
    • Gianmarco (b.1988)
  • Rosalba (b.1950) m. Massimo Bianchi
    • Francesca
    • Nicole (b.1981)
  • Daniele (b. 1953/1954) m. Laura Sabatini (d.2009, age 53)
    • Fernanda (1977?)
    • Marzia (1980?)
  • Stefano (1960-1990) m. Princess Caroline of Monaco
    • Andrea
    • Charlotte
    • Pierre

Old 07-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Finally i know Fernanda's real last name. Didn't know it was Pulici Bifi. Thanks rereh!
We can say Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre are uncles and aunt, of the twins of Gaia. Someday we'll see when are uncles and aunt in first grade
Old 07-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Didn't know it was Pulici Bifi.
Pulici Biffi
Old 07-11-2010, 12:58 AM

Thanks, rereh. I thought Marzia was younger sister to Fernanda but I didn't know for sure. Thank you for filling the blanks of Rosalba's children. I never knew. :_) But honestly, I think Fernanda (Daniele & Laura's girl) was born before 1977. I remember seeing her birthdate on facebook and it was really her, and I could almost swear it was 1973.

I always forget... I know Tosca will be able to clear it up, again.... about the ELDER Fernanda's maiden name, vs. her adopted name. I get them mixed up. I never remember, Pulici or Biffi, which is which?

And Hola.com confused me even more when they referred to her as "Fernanda Bissi Casiraghi" (sic) at the time of Afra's wedding.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Thanks, rereh. I thought Marzia was younger sister to Fernanda but I didn't know for sure. Thank you for filling the blanks of Rosalba's children. I never knew. :_) But honestly, I think Fernanda (Daniele & Laura's girl) was born before 1977. I remember seeing her birthdate on facebook and it was really her, and I could almost swear it was 1973.
I was mistaken, I think Rosalba hasn't any children because I read a interview with Fernanda Casiraghi and she said she had eight grandchildren.

I'm not sure about the age of Fernada (Daniele & Laura's girl), I told that year because of a picture that which I saw of Fernanda and Marzia with her mother, the pic was taken in 1980 and Fernanda was 3 or 4 years old.

The interview (June 16th, 2010) that I mentioned before is very interesting, Mrs. Casiraghi talks about her grandchildren, most of Charlotte, because the article is about Charlotte, so I guess the interview is more correct in the thread of Charlotte.

The interview is in Italian, so If anyone want traslate to English. Here are the article (page 1) and the interview (page 2). Also there are pics.

Charlotte che ha imparato a stare in sella | Gioia

By the way, Mrs. Casiraghi clarify that they didn't gave her a island to Charlotte.

I hope that you have understood me, in spite of my poor English
Old 07-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Rereh, many thanks for the interview and slideshow - very interesting !!

However, I think Charlotte will NOT find it very easy to achieve "normalità", however much she tries.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Serene Highness

Can someone who knows Italian translate the article about Fernanda Casiraghi, or at least, because it is too big, write the synopsis?
Old 07-21-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerehh View Post
I was mistaken, I think Rosalba hasn't any children because I read a interview with Fernanda Casiraghi and she said she had eight grandchildren.

I'm not sure about the age of Fernada (Daniele & Laura's girl), I told that year because of a picture that which I saw of Fernanda and Marzia with her mother, the pic was taken in 1980 and Fernanda was 3 or 4 years old.
OK Well Fernanda was born in 1976/1977. so maybe Marzia was born 1973?
Quote:
The interview (June 16th, 2010) that I mentioned before is very interesting, Mrs. Casiraghi talks about her grandchildren, most of Charlotte, because the article is about Charlotte, so I guess the interview is more correct in the thread of Charlotte.

The interview is in Italian, so If anyone want traslate to English. Here are the article (page 1) and the interview (page 2). Also there are pics.

Charlotte che ha imparato a stare in sella | Gioia

By the way, Mrs. Casiraghi clarify that they didn't gave her a island to Charlotte.

I hope that you have understood me, in spite of my poor English
That is a great find. I haven't read it all yet but I saw where Fernanda shot down the island legend. She said why would she and GC have bought Charlotte an island and not for the other kids too? Interesting.....
Old 07-21-2010, 12:41 PM

I updated the genealogy I posted on page 7. Fernanda said in the interview she has 8 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren. So Rerehh must be right, the Bianchis must not have children.

Quote:
Giancarlo Casiraghi (d.1998) m. Fernanda Biffi/Pulici
  • Marco m. Cecilia Fossa
    • Gaia m. Mauro Boroni
      • Boy-girl twins born about 2005/2006
    • Afra m.(summer 2006) Carlo Marchetti
    • Gianmarco (b.1988)
  • Rosalba (b.1950?) m. Massimo Bianchi
  • Daniele m. Laura Sabatini (d.2009, age 53)
    • Marzia
    • Fernanda (b.1977/1976?)
  • Stefano (1960-1990) m. Princess Caroline of Monaco
    • Andrea
    • Charlotte
    • Pierre
Old 07-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Serene Highness

The grandmother said they did not give Charlotte an island. What would they give the other 2 children? Sometimes she answers in questions so maybe she is trying to avoid a direct answer. ( I had read that it was in the grandfather's will) She said the press made it up because so little is known about Charlotte. Said Charlotte is reserved, but tough, and does whatever she wants. It says Charlotte did get a certificate from the Sorbonne (per writer). Said Pierre was the wild one and the most like Stephano. Andrea the most sensitive. Says she has met Alex but didn't know him well enough to make a judgement on him. Said that Charlotte was very sensible and was a good student. Said PC started calling her mom even before her marriage and still calls her mom.

Sounded like the interview was done in Monaco. The grandmother is in her 80's and still works in the family company.

I don't know what kind of magazine this is. The interview could easily have been made up. Not much we didn't already know.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Courtier

"A true Casiraghi". That's enough. End of story. Everything else is just superlative.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
The grandmother said they did not give Charlotte an island. What would they give the other 2 children? Sometimes she answers in questions so maybe she is trying to avoid a direct answer. ( I had read that it was in the grandfather's will) She said the press made it up because so little is known about Charlotte. Said Charlotte is reserved, but tough, and does whatever she wants. It says Charlotte did get a certificate from the Sorbonne (per writer). Said Pierre was the wild one and the most like Stephano. Andrea the most sensitive. Says she has met Alex but didn't know him well enough to make a judgement on him. Said that Charlotte was very sensible and was a good student. Said PC started calling her mom even before her marriage and still calls her mom.

Sounded like the interview was done in Monaco. The grandmother is in her 80's and still works in the family company.

I don't know what kind of magazine this is. The interview could easily have been made up. Not much we didn't already know.
She respond clearly that they didn't gave her a island to Charlotte.

At no time did she say that Charlotte get a certificate from the Sorbonne. They ask her: Is Charlotte in London? and Fernanda answer: Now that she has completed the studies, she lives among London and Montecarlo. She trains for show jumping.

This es magazine "Gioia"

Gioia - Abbonati online

These are some of the answer of Fernanda,

"Charlotte always have been more calm. A very reserved girl. As the rest of Casiraghi: we are all very reserved. We don't like the reporters."

Charlotte has been under the point of view of the press and onlookers since she was little:

"She defends herself well, being very reserved. She isn't in the point of view as her mother was. And you (referring to the journalists) have far less than talk"

They say that with him (Alex), she is more serene.

"She always has been serene, since she was little girl. She has never had ups and downs, or crisis."

If you have understood me and you want that I translates more, you say me
Old 07-22-2010, 04:50 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks a lot FanofMonaco and rerehh!
Rerehh-your translation was excellent
In a part of the interview Fernanda was asked about Char's friends? Maybe i'm wrong..
Old 07-22-2010, 04:52 AM
Courtier

Thank you for the beautiful translation! :)

What a wonderful grandmother she has, and vice versa.

The grandmother confirms for me what I have always thought, as Charlotte comes across as reserved, shy, and serene.

More & more she reminds me of her father, Stefano, in terms of his expressions, gestures, stance, and personality. You can see that the father lives on in his lovely baby daughter. What a joy & comfort it must be for Stefano's mother. :)

The following pictures of Caroline & Stefano together are a testament to how much Charlotte takes after both of her lovely parents:

Stock Images – Corbis
Old 07-22-2010, 01:10 PM

I liked the interview a lot. It was very interesting. Just one thing bothers me about the grandmother. I believe she is a sweet woman, hard working, and essentially good in her heart. I believe she adores her family. But there is something strange about doing an interview and then saying you and your family dislike the press. And this is NOT her first interview. She's done several about her grandkids over the last two decades. So why does she say she and her family dislike the press? Why does she go to talk to the press and then say she dislikes it? It's a strange way of going on, imho.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Thank you for the beautiful translation! :)

What a wonderful grandmother she has, and vice versa.

The grandmother confirms for me what I have always thought, as Charlotte comes across as reserved, shy, and serene.

More & more she reminds me of her father, Stefano, in terms of his expressions, gestures, stance, and personality. You can see that the father lives on in his lovely baby daughter. What a joy & comfort it must be for Stefano's mother. :)

The following pictures of Caroline & Stefano together are a testament to how much Charlotte takes after both of her lovely parents:

Stock Images – Corbis
Oh, now that i saw the gallery i just recalled how thin was Albert back then! Now he is totally like looking to another person.
He's changed so much.

And to turn back to the subject.. Caroline and Stefano was a really beautiful couple.
And Piere reminds me of him especially when he smiles.
Char's chin is like her fathers and she has the italian grace and beauty, so does Andrea.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
She's done several about her grandkids over the last two decades. So why does she say she and her family dislike the press? Why does she go to talk to the press and then say she dislikes it? It's a strange way of going on, imho.
I agree. Also when she´s asked about Charlotte´s friend being socialites. She asnwers that you find friends according to the circles you move in. In part it´s true. But you also choose your friends. One thing I dislike of Charlotte is that she doesn´t have any otner type of friend. Didn´t she make fiends at university for example?
Old 07-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Thanks a lot FanofMonaco and rerehh!
Rerehh-your translation was excellent
In a part of the interview Fernanda was asked about Char's friends? Maybe i'm wrong..
You're welcome . Here is the entire interview. Sorry for the mistakes, but my English is bad and moreover I've done it quickly.

Quote:
My Charlotte won't suffer as Caroline.

She wants to be a journalist but she knows how to avoid gossip. Words of the grandmother Fernanda: "She is calm and private. Like a real Casiraghi".

"Look what a grandmother can only tell good things of her granddaughter". Fernanda Casiraghi, Charlotte's grandmother and Stefano's mother. She has just landed in Monaco from Fino Morasco, near Como, where she lives and still works in the family company.

- Has you seen your grandchildren?
- I don't, I don't know where they are. They grow and go away. I'm expert. I have eight grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. They are the youngest members of the family.

- But they that make themselves heard?
- The grandmothers are always those who call. The others (grandchildren) aren't different. They are young, that's all right.

- I bet you have the photos of all in the chimney
- The photos and the thought in the heart, specially of these three, they grew without a father. Fortunately, they had a good mum.

- Do you get along with Caroline?
- Great, I'm proud of her. She started calling mom even before her marriage and she still do it.

- Are you close up to them when they were growing?
- Always.

- Were you a strict or indulgent grandmother?
- The grandparents always are affectionate, sometimes too much.

- Why? Were they very dynamic?
- (laughter) Pierre was the wilder. He's the most like my Stefano. He only has been with his father the first three years of his life, but he has the same personality. The DNA does not lie.

- And, How was Charlotte?
- Charlotte always have been more calm. A very reserved girl. As the rest of Casiraghi: we are all very reserved. We don't like the reporters.

- And Andrea?
- He was a big boy when his father died, of the three, he's the most suffered. He's the most sensitive.

- Do they get along?
- They are very close from each other, they go on holiday together, support each other. The lack of his father what keeps them close.

- Can you describe to Charlotte?
- She has ulterior determination ( I don't understand this part very well in Italian, so in English...). She is docile and sweet, but is tenacious, and she does whatever she wants.

- Is it true the island history?
- What island?

- It's said that when Charlotte turned five her grandparents gave her a island off Sardinia.
- No, It’s a legend. Excuse me, but, what does a kid with a island? and, with two others, what we give them? but, Who told those?

- The papers say it, Charlotte's biography on the web
- Before, was only the papers, now Internet does hurt also.

- Charlotte has been under the point of view of the press and onlookers since she was little.
- She defends herself well, being very reserved. She isn't in the point of view as her mother was. And you (referring to the journalists) have far less than talk.

- Do you advise them?
- If they ask me, advise. But are smart, don't need my advise.

- Is Charlotte in London?
- Now that she has completed the studies, she lives among London and Montecarlo. She trains for show jumping.

- All her friends seems to be of the high society.
- You find friends according to the circles you move in, but you don't have because look like them.

- It seems your granddaughter likes to write.
- She is interested journalism, but want to do it herself.

- What you wish for her?
- I'd like her to have a beautiful family, become a good mother

- A good mother with a good job, as you?
- True, I have worked hard and still work. But, I wish she would calm a little more family.

- Do you know Charlotte's boyfriend?
- Of course.

- Does he have approved of the grandmother?
- I don't know him well enough to make a judgement on him. But Charlotte is a sensible girl. I hope she has chosen well.

-They say that with him, she is more serene.
- She always has been serene, since she was little girl. She has never had ups and downs, or crisis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I agree. Also when she´s asked about Charlotte´s friend being socialites. She asnwers that you find friends according to the circles you move in. In part it´s true. But you also choose your friends. One thing I dislike of Charlotte is that she doesn´t have any otner type of friend. Didn´t she make fiends at university for example?
Rosana, We don't know all her friends
Old 07-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerehh View Post
You're welcome . Here is the entire interview. Sorry for the mistakes, but my English is bad and moreover I've done it quickly.

Rosana, We don't know all her friends
And, I would imagine it's difficult for any of them to have friends outside their social circle, because they may not know who they can trust - some may be publicity hounds and just want to be friends w/them so they can spill secrets to media; be photographed w/them; enjoy trips on the PACHA....but, how many average citizens can keep up financially, as well as have that kind of personal time to fly around the world on a whim.....

Tags
casiraghi, family, italy, monaco, news, pictures