The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-18-2006, 06:27 AM
Commoner

this 'war' between princess caroline and paparazi imo started when Prince Ernst were having problems with some german magazine (one ex. Bild). Before the 'war' the paparazi were having a good time following and bothering the prince family just to take their pictures and publized the most uncompromizing ptictures of Prince Ernst, Pictures of the Prince fighthing with paparazi were publized where for my opinion it was most the faults of the paparazi because they were most of time invading the personal space that he feels safe. The magazine were suing and getting financial compensation from the Hanovers and I think Pr Caroline have enough. She fight thru court and most of the time she is winning. Again this is just my opinion, nothing to back it up.

Old 08-18-2006, 07:13 AM
Nobility

Then there is the question what is private? I don't think anyone should be chased for a picture I also think the children should not be photographed it is not fair to them. But I do think that to a point when you are in public you are not in private. If they are walking down a street or on a beach then the picture can be taken.

Old 08-18-2006, 07:19 AM
Courtier

Caroline started the "war" to the paparazzi after Stefano died, she moved to St Remy, and wanted to protect her children privicy while instead they were chased even going to school! That's when she started sueing...
Old 09-03-2006, 12:48 AM
Aristocracy

After musing over the implications of this ruling, I came to this conclusion: the ruling is NOT the issue; rather, it is the the sign of a young royal family taking action on their own for the first time without their father, possibly making mistakes -- or not -- while being held to a remarkably high, and possibly unfair, standard.

Dave
Old 09-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Majesty

Well it seems she was at court again, from now on it is no longer allowed to show pics of the Casiraghi's in german tabloids and tv shows. Here is the article:

No reports over private lives of Carolines adult children

Berlin (AP) on the private life of the adults of children of Caroline of Monaco may not be reported in the principle. The Court of Appeal Berlin seized a resolution on Friday, according to which medium reports may not be repeated approximately over a riding trip and the attendance of a celebration of the two sons and a daughter.

http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

I would still like to know why she does not sue other tabloids in Spain or Italy. They publish pics of the family nearly every week. I'm a bit confused....
Old 09-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

i read in a book about Caroline that she has an economic agreement with some magazines, i dont dont if its true.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Commoner

I think Princess Caroline was responding to what some German magazine (most especially Bild) for some of their stories of prince Ernst Hanover. I read in some french magazines , P.Vue. O'La ( sorry this was long time ago and I threw them in recyle bin) some stories that feels like mocking pr. Ernst. One example was when he lost to the German Government regarding some of the Hanover proerties he would to get back from the government and he lost. In the magazine they show the 'older member' of the Hanover family pictured with some members of Hitler groups and said that Hanover family were on Hitler 'side'. Most of the time the magazine were emphasing only the negatives of the Hanover family mostly Pr. Hanover. So imo I don't blame Pr. Caroline for now wanting any pictures/stories of her family to be publized in Germany since from what I read they (some germans) don't like pr Ernst . Good for Prince Ernst for having a protective, supportive and loving wife!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Aristocracy

I still have mixed feelings about these suits, e. g., she did the wrong thing for the right reason. But is she going to file suit against the whole world? In the US, Princess Caroline is referred to by all to many reporters as "the has-been, best dressed dominatrix." But that's by people who still discuss her. Most US wire services are going to drop her as a topic according to USA Today owing to the fact that she's no longer the young, sexy princess worth looking at, and she's too quick to file suit. I find those harsh words.

Dave
Old 11-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Courtier

I believe that PC wants to be dropped from the media as a topic of conversation. She wants to live her life in peace and wants her privacy respected. She wants privacy for her children so that they will not be exploited and used up by the media only to be labeled "has been" when the press has spit them out after chewing them up.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:01 PM
Aristocracy

nothing's for free in life. they grow up rich with the best education and upbringing and protections yet they want to dictate if somebody can take their picture from afar. maybe she should look at the glass as half full and be thankful for what she does have - what so many others don't or never will.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Aristocracy

I tend to agree here. I know that Caroline has been pursued by the media since the day she was born but I believe she somewhat contributed to that interest herself by the lifestyle she chose to lead as a young adult. She seemed to accept all the advantages her position gave her without realising the down side, that is, unwanted publicity.

I don't believe any person, celebrity or not, should have the right to say they can't be photographed in a public place. Why? Because it's a public place. Photographers should have to keep a certain distance but that's all, in my book.

I completely understood her wish not to be bothered by the paparazzi when her children were young -- all children deserve a carefree, happy and normal childhood -- but the elder three are adults now -- they can decide for themselves how they handle publicity. Because of who they are, the media will folllow them but they also have a choice here to a certain extent, based on the lifestyles they lead.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Aristocracy

Location: Harrisburg (outside of Charlotte NC), United States
I agree with Avareenah. Celebrities and royals do not mind when their picture is being taken to promote a dress, a movie, a ball or their country! You can't have the best of both worlds. I say all celebrities and royals should stop complaining!

BUt I will take their side when the media attention becomes intrusive to their small children. That is not right!
Old 11-25-2006, 06:23 AM
Aristocracy

You all say that famous people including royals shouldn't complain when being photographed in public, to a certain point I agree. But there are alot ( if not all ) paparazzi who tend to take pictures of famous people in comprimissing situations, sell them and then the tabloids sell those along with an 'interesting' story that is in the end almost allways put in a way to hurt someone's public image. I'm not saying that those people are some kind of super humans who should be treated like gods. But a lot of them do things worth writting about, that actually make a diference ( like charity, fighting for some kind of a good cause ). Then again how many pics are there around of them in those kind of situations when their pulicity could actually help someone compared to the pics of them doing things like everyone else, private life. And in the end how would you feel if someone took your pic in a situation you cal private, splashed it allover newspaper just for the sake of feeding peoples curiosity.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:31 AM
Commoner

I agree with you Cro girl, pictures of celebrities and/or royals in their compromising situation sell than those pics promoting their charities. And with these situations P. Caroline is fighting for!
Old 11-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Aristocracy

Surely, if a celebrity is photographed in a "compromising situation" in a public place, then that is their own fault?

They can't always control what the press says about them, but they can have some influence over this in their personal behaviour.

I don't agree with long lenses trained through windows and that type of thing but Princess Caroline and the rest of them should be able to photographed and written about (providing that it's accurate) after appearing in public, in my opinion.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

Princess Caroline, we love you dearly, and we all wish we could celebrate your upcoming fiftieth birthday in a way that would please and touch you. Considering all the warm feelings we have for you, could you do something in return for us and give a personal interview to a magazine of your choice ? We could gather all our questions, they'd be sent to the palace and you could choose which you are willing to answer. The interviews you used to give on your new role as mother, etc, were so wonderful, could you do the same and answer some questions about your grown children and Alexandra ? Princess Grace used to give regular interviews in Point de Vue at all stages of motherhood, and we got to know her better that way, and you and your siblings. Can you do that for us ?
Old 03-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Majesty

News about the judgement:

Princess Caroline Wins German Court Ban Against Paparazzi

Monaco's Princess Caroline and her husband, Prince Ernst August of Hanover, won their case in Germany Tuesday against publication of paparazzi photographs in the media.

Following a 2004 ruling from the European Court of Human Rights, judges of Germany's High Court in Karlsruhe agreed that snaps of Caroline on a ski holiday in the expensive Swiss resort of St Moritz, attending a birthday party or house-hunting in Kenya were off-limits.

http://www.playfuls.com/news_10_1762...Paparazzi.html

Court Imposes Stricter Limits on Publishing Celebrity Photos

Monaco's Princess Caroline won a case Wednesday in Germany against the publication of paparazzi photos in the media. The ruling bolsters the privacy rights of celebrities, but publishers are calling it censorship.

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,...376028,00.html

Princess Caroline wins German court ban against paparazzi

Karlsruhe, Germany - Monaco's Princess Caroline and her husband, Prince Ernst August of Hanover, won their case in Germany Tuesday against publication of paparazzi photographs in the media.

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/e...inst_paparazzi
Old 03-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Royal Highness

In Dutch Jurisprudence

The Prince of Orange and his spouse Princess Máxima have expoited the jurisprudence of the Arrest Caroline de Monaco vs Germany to the maximum. They have started a whole series of fundamental lawsuits to protect their privacy and that of their children.

All lawsuits were succesful. Each lawsuit set a new jurisprudence. And all jurisprudence together make a new standing policy. This standing policy was written down in a strict Media Code. In exchange for regulated photo-sessions, the magazines and broadcasters have signed agreements that they will not use material by paparazzi others which are intrusive and infringe their fundamental right on a private lifesphere.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:52 AM
Aristocracy

... and as such, the laws of all too many countries become ad hoc in light of this ruling, and devolve further into well-formed tools of threat and intimidation. "Lady" Caroline really blew this one! For this reason, no one shall ever see The US considering so-called world courts as nothing other than American Toys -- We use 'em, and we abuse 'em! But we AIN'T gonna join 'em!

Dave
Old 03-22-2007, 09:49 PM
Nobility

Princess Caroline wins German court ban against paparazzi!

Article link:

Princess Caroline wins German court ban against paparazzi - Europe