Stefano Casiraghi, Part II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
today is Stefano's 16th Death Anniversary.

May God be with his family because after all these years, it must still not be easy for them.

Last edited:
Yes it is true. 16 years seems soo much time but, as you said, it must not be easy for them Rest in Peace Stefano

It's hard to beleive it's been 16 years since Stefano Casiraghi is gone. I will never forget that day when I heard the sad news back in 1990. May he rest in peace.:sad:

For those living in Milan and reading "il Corriere", do you know if Caroline had her obituary notice for Stefano's death anniversary published this year too? Thanks!:flowers:

Tosca said:
For those living in Milan and reading "il Corriere", do you know if Caroline had her obituary notice for Stefano's death anniversary published this year too? Thanks!:flowers:
i didn´t know she still publishes the obituary!!

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here. Caro and Stefano were also my fav couple. I felt so sad when the accident happened.

Anyway, here is a pic of C&S (the first one i no, it´s from a brazilian magazine in 1983, and the article said "princess Caroline spending time in New York with her new boyfriend Stefano Casiraghi"); another one of Stefano woith Patricio Innocenti (guess it's from 1989 when he won a championship); and the other one is a Stefano picture minutes before his last and fatal race.

Sorry folks, here are the pics:

Stefanochampionship.jpg
Stefano031090.jpg
01CarolineStefano83.jpg

Last edited:
karolandrade said:
Hello everyone!

This is my first post here. Caro and Stefano were also my fav couple. I felt so sad when the accident happened.

Anyway, here is a pic of C&S (the first one i no, it´s from a brazilian magazine in 1983, and the article said "princess Caroline spending time in New York with her new boyfriend Stefano Casiraghi"); another one of Stefano woith Patricio Innocenti (guess it's from 1989 when he won a championship); and the other one is a Stefano picture minutes before his last and fatal race.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/D:\cad\carol\carol\C&S\C&S in love\01CarolineStefano83.JPGhttp://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/D:\cad\carol\carol\C&S\Stefano\Stefano031090.JPGhttp://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/D:\cad\carol\carol\C&S\Stefano\Stefanochampionship.JPG

Sorry but I can't see the photos, could yxou post them via Photobucket or other image hosting site! Thanks!

lashinka2002 said:
Thanks for the pics Tosca. Very much appreciated. Dalilia is gorgeous! Seems Stefano had an eye for the beautiful ladies. Unfortunately my french is very rusty, I'll have to search for a translator online. Thanks

I have begun translating the French biography lately. I am doing it manually though, and I want to do the best translation possible, so it's a slow business but I am putting up what I have on my site. I don't claim to be a master translator, but my French is so-so and I find it to be a fun challenge. I hope it helps. My site is always in my signature and you can find the translation in the Monaco section of course.

Welcome, Karolandrade! And thanks for the pictures. The one you say is taken few minutes before the fatal crash is so special... His last minutes... Touching.

koko: Yes, it's very sad. His death still being one of those sad moments that i'll never forget.:sad:

I was only 11, but i've always been a Princess Caroline fan. Unfortunately, Stefano has left her to early. But despite the fact the he is my fav priness husband from all time, I'm glad for the fact that she seems quite happy with Ernst. I just think the Casiraghi kids are too wild.:neutral:

I loved Stefano Casiraghi too. He appeared to be such a classy, lovely and nice guy, a perfect dad and devoted husband. That's what surfaced from pictures and mags' articles....
Of course we dont know what he was really like because we didnt know him.
But it's such a pity he died so young and beautiful and left his three children behind.
I still remember that october 3 1990 when the news broke on TV, princess Caroline's husband died in an offshore accident.
Too, too bad.

in "princess stephanie and family-daniel ducruet" a person said that ranieri gave a title to stefano,it's true??

Wow, that's news. But I haven't heard anything of it. Even if got one, he didn't actually use it. Did he?

No, Stefano never got a title. I don't think he wanted one, even if Rainier offered. I think the media would call him "Duke of Monaco" or something, but this was never an actual title, just the media either being ignorant or (more likely) being tongue-in-cheek.

No, Stefano never got a title. I don't think he wanted one, even if Rainier offered. I think the media would call him "Duke of Monaco" or something, but this was never an actual title, just the media either being ignorant or (more likely) being tongue-in-cheek.

He was nicknamed "Duke of Brianza" and "Carolino".

what's brianza?

Brianza is a natural region including the provinces of Como, Varese, Lecco Monza and party the province of Milan. It's Italy's and perhaps Europe's richest region: the Brianza inhabitants are renowned for being hard working people. Berlusconi also comes from that area.

It's also a stronghold of the "Northern League", a party that claims for independence and secession from the lazy Rome and Italian South:

Lega Nord - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (for those who think Casiraghi was involved with the mob)

:lol::lol:what a laugh!!duca della brianza.poor stefano they always made fun of him.but for me he was the best

17 years have passed now: it's true that the Lord gathers the roses first, and then the thorns. Rest in peace, dear Stefano!

Yes, just this Wednesday will be the precise 17 year mark. It is daunting to think of everything that has occurred in those 17 years, and how different is the "then" and the "now" of the Grimaldis' world. Death really puts things in perspective, doesn't it? It reminds us what is important and to value our life.

Today it's been 17 years since Stefano's accident.

Somewhere in this thread it was mentionned that Caroline still puts an obituary in Il Corriere della Sera every year to remember Stefano.
Does somebody read this paper and can check if it's in it today?

Today is a sad day as Stefano died 17 years ago in a tragic way…
But I believe that we must celebrate life, and Stefano had a great life! a beautiful wife, a beautiful love story and sweet and loving children...

God bless you wherever you are:flowers:

Caroline & Stefano Casiraghi in love by H.Newton

Flowerpower, that is a charming picture. Although it's sad that Stefano only lived to be 30, his life was never wasted. He lived to the fullest capacity. He married the ultimate dream of woman, arguably the world's most beautiful princess, and produced three fine children. He had a successful career at the top of his game. He was World Champion of Offshore Racing! Was it six times he defended his title? He loved large and he was loved handsomely. He gave as much happiness as he felt, and that's saying a lot. Stefano, though your life was short, it was GOOD! :angel:

Hope he´s in peace wherever he is:flowers:

Flowerpower, that is a charming picture. Although it's sad that Stefano only lived to be 30, his life was never wasted. He lived to the fullest capacity. He married the ultimate dream of woman, arguably the world's most beautiful princess, and produced three fine children. He had a successful career at the top of his game. He was World Champion of Offshore Racing! Was it six times he defended his title? He loved large and he was loved handsomely. He gave as much happiness as he felt, and that's saying a lot. Stefano, though your life was short, it was GOOD! :angel:

The ancient called that the "gods' jealousy"

Back
Top Bottom