Stefano Casiraghi, Part II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He was Caroline's true love. I still feel for her that he died.

I used to buy all magazines were Stefano and Caroline appear...They were a great
couple, so in love....his dead was a horrible thing!!!I still feel sorry for them...

Me too!!!, Patty . Who knows how many kids they had now:D

Last edited:
So touching photos..So lovely and sad in same..

One of Stefano feeding Andrea on bottle, 1984..

P.S. Welcome back, Very..;)

Attachments

• 1984_Stefano feeding Andrea.JPG
    1984_Stefano feeding Andrea.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 11,933
I wonder if Charlotte has any memories of her father.
I'm guessing that Andrea may have a few and Pierre none.

Thanks for the pic Ianna, it is soooo cute!

Lashinka i was wondering the same...i think that Char had only one, she was soo little, and Pierre none...poor children

I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on what i am about to write as I don't know how accurate it is.A number of years ago I read an article about Stephano( I think I might have read it in Point de Vue) and it said that he was somehow involved with organized crime ,as in he owed them money or something,and that after he died in the boating accident and the day after his coffin was buried it had been removed and placed standing up in the grave and this apparently was a symbol from the members of organized crime that he owed them something.I know this sounds horrible and I was shocked at the time, can anyone clarrify this for me please.

marlene said:
I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on what i am about to write as I don't know how accurate it is.A number of years ago I read an article about Stephano( I think I might have read it in Point de Vue) and it said that he was somehow involved with organized crime ,as in he owed them money or something,and that after he died in the boating accident and the day after his coffin was buried it had been removed and placed standing up in the grave and this apparently was a symbol from the members of organized crime that he owed them something.I know this sounds horrible and I was shocked at the time, can anyone clarrify this for me please.

Somewhere in this forum I read posts made by members who were also familiar with that story, mentioning that mafia fact. Try to look at Stefano Casiraghi Thread, Part I.

marlene said:

I never read that and i don´t believe in all those things. Another lies fron the mags

marlene said:
I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on what i am about to write as I don't know how accurate it is.A number of years ago I read an article about Stephano( I think I might have read it in Point de Vue) and it said that he was somehow involved with organized crime ,as in he owed them money or something,and that after he died in the boating accident and the day after his coffin was buried it had been removed and placed standing up in the grave and this apparently w gravas a symbol from the members of organized crime that he owed them something.I know this sounds horrible and I was shocked at the time, can anyone clarrify this for me please.

Yes, i heard too this story,but it isn't true at all,except the
violation of the grave....it's very sad,but above all horrible,
definitely horrible!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Dear Everyone,
Thanks for clearing that up for me.I wil go to the first oart of the thread as you suggested

My husband often goes to Fino Mornasco for work, where Stefano grew up and his family still own a house called "Villa delle Cicogne", and I went there a couple of times.

There the Casiraghis are highly esteemed by their fellow villagers for being hardworking people. Stefano's father was a primary school teacher before becoming a businessman. Stefano's Mom lost her parents in an accident when she was very young, so she went to live with her aunt and uncle who owned a factory in Milan, that she inherited when her aunt and uncle died. She also had to cope with the Nazis that wanted the plant to be closed during the past war.

Do you think that such a family would let themselves get involved in the crime?
Remember that here up North work is a religion. I know that you foreigners tend to view our country as a whole, but things are different. The mafia is a typical phenomenon of the Italian South. I don't mean to blame the Italian Southerners by saying this. I know lots of decent people down there, as I lived there for some time. I mean that like in any other country, there are many cultural differences among the various Italian regions. So stop reading books by Mario Puzo, and start to read books by Leonardo Sciascia ( a Sicilian brave journalist and writer who was shot by the mafia ) instead, if you get the chance to find them where you live.

Hugs and kisses!

Thanks for the info Tosca,where inItaly do you live?I have been many times and am in love with the country,the food ,the wine ,the art etc, you are very lucky to have such a special heritage.

Thanks for the compliments marlene! I live in a small town near Parma ( the home of the original Parmesan cheese and Parma ham, not to mention the composer Verdi and the conductor Toscanini). However I was born in Southern Tuscany not far from Siena. My Mom's was also born there, while my Dad was originally from the Venice area. Yes, I'm very proud of my heterogeneous heritage.:D :D :D

Love.

stefano casiraghi

i notice in some of the pictures with stefano casiraghi he is not smilling. is it part of the italian culture where men don't smile in photos? it just looks strange when everybody in the photo is smilling except him.

Last edited:
hsieh said:
i notice in some of the pictures with stefano casiraghi he is not smilling. is it part of the italian culture where men don't smile in photos? it just looks strange when everybody in the photo is smilling except him.

I think it's more a question of personality than of culture. I once read an
interview Stefano gave to HELLO in which Stefano admitted to feel shy
in the spotlight with all that cameras and people around him. That may
be a reason..

I think Stefano was not really interested in making the royal "scene" and preferred home life with Caroline and pursuing his business/sports interests to any media exposure. The Grimaldis were used to public attention from early ages, Stefano was not, and that may also be a factor.

is it part of the italian culture where men don't smile in photos?

Absolutely not. Italian men are like any other man elsewhere!:D I wish they would laugh and talk lesser instead!:D
Stefano was simply a shy guy

Last edited:
I was wondering, if i am not wrong of course, Stefano didn´t died fifteen years ago? On the 3rd Octuber of 1990???
I can´t believe,15 years...may he rest in peace

BTW is there a memorial service today?In 2000 there was one

Does Stefano have any siblings other than his brothers Marco and Daniele?

I understand Daniele is married to Pierre's godmother, Laura Casiraghi. Is this right? Daniele and Laura are the parents of the young Fernanda, the cousin we've seen Andrea and Char hanging out with in the past, I believe.

Marco is a businessman and lives in Monaco, right? He's usually with the Grimaldis at the Grand Prix.

thanks, thanks thanks and hundreds of thanks Ianna!!!! I was missing this thread and my dear Stefano! Finally, something new! :D

You're most welcome Piewi! :)

Glad to hear with you since long time!;)

The caption reads he was 25, but I'm not able to read further, you know the fonts are too small, and I'm growing old!!!:D :D :D However, I seem to recall he died in a car crash, but I may be wrong.

Stefano was 30 when he died in an offshore accident in Saint Jean Cap Ferrat. Caroline wasn't at the last race to support her husband. She was attending a gala in Paris with her friend Karl Lagerfeld. She was at her hairdresser when she received a phone call announcing the terrible new. She was 33, Andrea was 6, Charlotte 4 and Pierre 3 yeras old.

Last edited:
armelle MORAND said:
Stefano was 30 when he died in an offshore accident in Saint Jean Cap Ferrat. Caroline wasn't at the last race to support her husband. She was attending a gala in Paris with her friend Karl Lagerfeld. She was at her hairdresser when she received a phone call announcing the terrible new. She was 33, Andrea was 6, Charlotte 4 and Pierre 3 yeras old.

Perhaps there was a misunderstanding: I was talking about Andrea, Stefano's best friend.

Ianna said:
You're most welcome Piewi! :)

Glad to hear with you since long time!;)

I´m also glad "see" you! I was here, but i didn´t post a lot and i have some problems with internet too:)

And about Andrea i always wondered about how he died...the only thing that i can read is "25 anni" :eek:

armelle MORAND said:
Sorry, Tosca ! :(

Never mind! It was my fault: I didn't express myself that well! Parfois je me confonds avec le français...:D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom