Stefano Casiraghi, Part II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another video about the competition in 1990 in which Stefano competed Untitled Document
And here is the video from the competition in Monaco when he died
Monaco 1990

and lots of articles:
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Magazines/1990s/1990 Casiraghi.pdf
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Magazines/1990s/1990 Monaco Worlds pics.pd
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Magazines/1990s/1990 MONACO WORLDS (3).pdf
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Magazines/1990s/1990 MONACO WORLDS (2).pdf
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Magazines/1990s/1990 Casiraghi (4).pdf

Visit the site then choose Library, Graham Stevens and then you can see lots of articles about Stefano during the 80`s and 1990

Last edited:
Another video about the competition in 1990 in which Stefano competed Untitled Document
And here is the video from the competition in Monaco when he died
Monaco 1990

and lots of articles:
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Magazines/1990s/1990 Casiraghi.pdf
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Magazines/1990s/1990 Monaco Worlds pics.pd
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Magazines/1990s/1990 MONACO WORLDS (3).pdf
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Magazines/1990s/1990 MONACO WORLDS (2).pdf
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Magazines/1990s/1990 Casiraghi (4).pdf

Visit the site then choose Library, Graham Stevens and then you can see lots of articles about Stefano during the 80`s and 1990

Twenty two years have gone by and Stefano's death is still shockingly present... like it had happened just last week. His death turned the champion he was into a legendary heroe. His life and his love story with P. Caroline will still be told for many years to come. By dieing he entered the realm of the chosen ones. May he rest in Gods arms forever!
:articles:

Is there any other source for Rainier ever giving Stefano ducal rank? Perhaps a decree by Rainier? It seems odd to create him a duke when he only gave Antoinette one of his own baronial titles for her lifetime. Also it would seem even odder for the Sovereign Prince of Monaco to give out any "Of Monaco" title, and if he did to not make it hereditary for his grandsons.

I never read anywhere that Stefano was created a duke of monaco. Is there a source? Because if he was, it should have been mentioned somewhere in the Internet.

Is there any other source for Rainier ever giving Stefano ducal rank? Perhaps a decree by Rainier? It seems odd to create him a duke when he only gave Antoinette one of his own baronial titles for her lifetime. Also it would seem even odder for the Sovereign Prince of Monaco to give out any "Of Monaco" title, and if he did to not make it hereditary for his grandsons.

There are indeed old newspapers articles ( some can be found running in the internet ) mentioning that P. Rainier was considering the possibility of making Stefano Duke of Mazarine ( an old title ). True or false? I can't tell...
:writing: :writing: :writing:

The Spokesman-Review - Google News Archive Search

http://The Spokesman-Review - 8 Fev 1986

Last edited:
For those asking about a link about Stefano and the Duke of Monaco I gave the link in it and it takes you to where it is written in the book review of "Once Upon a Time: Behind the Fairy Tale of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier" By J. Randy Taraborrelli this is the link again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Duke and Baron are the same thing; Baron being the French term. I think Stephano refused the offer; hense the children do not have titles.

Duke and Baron are not the same thing, not even in France.

Lady MacAlpine, I know Randy Tarraborelli wrote about the ducal title in his book, I was asking if there was a more reliable and verifiable source such as a decree issued by Rainier. "Duke of Monaco" just does not make sense as a title granted by the Prince of Monaco. I have never seen Caroline referred to as HSH The Duchess of Monaco in the same was as she is now referred to as HRH The Princess of Hanover.

Duke and Baron are far from being the same thing. Please at least google both terms first.:whistling:
And just because some writer wrote it in a book, doesn't make it "official." I did clicjed the link you provided, however that book looked like one of the many "unofficial biographies" that are out there. :ermm:

Duke and Baron are not the same thing, not even in France.

Lady MacAlpine, I know Randy Tarraborelli wrote about the ducal title in his book, I was asking if there was a more reliable and verifiable source such as a decree issued by Rainier. "Duke of Monaco" just does not make sense as a title granted by the Prince of Monaco. I have never seen Caroline referred to as HSH The Duchess of Monaco in the same was as she is now referred to as HRH The Princess of Hanover.
Randy may have given a reference. I just placed an order for the book from the Library and will get back to you unless someone else has the book and can answer before then.

Randy may have given a reference. I just placed an order for the book from the Library and will get back to you unless someone else has the book and can answer before then.

I have the book. He provides no citation for his claim that Rainier gave Stefano a ducal title. He just states it as fact in a single line in an appendix about Caroline at the back of the book .

Just glancing though a chapter now there are a few easy errors.....he says Grace was buried in a peaceful promintory overlooking the Mediterranean next to other family members, well she is buried in the Cathedral. He said Rainier was the longest reigning monarch in the world, well that honour still belongs to the King of Thailand. Small errors for sure but easy to fact check.

It has been awhile since I read the book, but I don't think it is filled with new info or insights. it is better than People magazine (which is actually cited as a source document along with Hello) and an bit better than Donald Spotos book but thats all I can say about it.

Last edited:
I have the book. He provides no citation for his claim that Rainier gave Stefano a ducal title. He just states it as fact in a single line in an appendix about Caroline at the back of the book .

Just glancing though a chapter now there are a few easy errors.....he says Grace was buried in a peaceful promintory overlooking the Mediterranean next to other family members, well she is buried in the Cathedral. He said Rainier was the longest reigning monarch in the world, well that honour still belongs to the King of Thailand. Small errors for sure but easy to fact check.

It has been awhile since I read the book, but I don't think it is filled with new info or insights. it is better than People magazine (which is actually cited as a source document along with Hello) and an bit better than Donald Spotos book but thats all I can say about it.
Okay thanks then I will cancel. I read it somewhere else as well that he had given him one I just don't recall where. Many of the books have errors in them. Bad editing.

NGalitzine is correct. The title of First Lady is given to the wife of an elected official and if you look at the list on Wikipedia you can find the list of countries which have one at the very bottom.

There is currently two Princess Consorts in Europe: Marie, Princess of Liechtenstein and Charlene, Princess of Monaco. To call them a First Lady would be incorrect however, the press does it all the time. Only someone who follows Royals knows the difference. Has anyone ever referred to Prince Philip as the First Gentleman of Britain?

For me there are two very dark days in the history of Monaco, the first being september 14th 1982, the second: october 3rd 1990... Stefano, sadly missed, never forgotten. Never far from my thoughts, he holds a special place in my heart!

For me there are two very dark days in the history of Monaco, the first being september 14th 1982, the second: october 3rd 1990... Stefano, sadly missed, never forgotten. Never far from my thoughts, he holds a special place in my heart!

You said all, in so nice words.

Dying, Stefano was elevated from the status of manhood to the status of legend. He became one of those tragic, legendary heroes whose life, dids and affections will always be remembered and narrated through out the years. Being swept away from P. Caroline with his inexplicable death he ented the realm of the romantic heroes literature has been giving us through out the centuries. May God bless him... :angel: :angel: :angel:

Aren't you putting it a bit too far lazuli ? Calling him a hero? It's tragic that he died so young leaving a wife and 3 toddlers behind, but sorry to burst your bubble, real heroes are others.

In The Grimaldis of Monaco, Anne Edwards wrote:

There is no doubt that his (Stefano Casiraghi's) electric personality had a strong effect on Caroline. Many of her former café society friends were dropped, and her life quickly resolved around Casiraghi.

There is no doubt that his (Stefano Casiraghi's) electric personality had a strong effect on Caroline. Many of her former café society friends were dropped, and her life quickly resolved around Casiraghi.

Dear CyrilVladisla, if you have read this book about the Grimaldies, could you, please, write some more information about Stefano's personality, activities in Monaco and his relationship not only with Caroline, but also with Rainier and the Grimaldi family. I believe that he was a very strong personality.

Dear CyrilVladisla, if you have read this book about the Grimaldies, could you, please, write some more information about Stefano's personality, activities in Monaco and his relationship not only with Caroline, but also with Rainier and the Grimaldi family. I believe that he was a very strong personality.

Prince Rainer had wholeheartedly welcomed Stefano into the family.

Aren't you putting it a bit too far lazuli ? Calling him a hero? It's tragic that he died so young leaving a wife and 3 toddlers behind, but sorry to burst your bubble, real heroes are others.

Sad to agree. His loss was a devastating shock to his family and friends. It caused Caroline immeasurable pain. But there is not a thing heroic about participating in high risk speed boat racing-particularly when you have a wife and very young children at home who need you.

May he rest in peace.

In my opinion, Stefano was a very enigmatic personality. But he was certainly very ambitious, a real businesssman. He was passionate about speed what ended-up tragically for him...Well, sometimes people die from cancer, sometimes they die in accidents. Life...

In my opinion, Stefano was a very enigmatic personality. But he was certainly very ambitious, a real businesssman. He was passionate about speed what ended-up tragically for him...Well, sometimes people die from cancer, sometimes they die in accidents. Life...

Pierre is just like his father. He reminds me a lot of Stefano: not only his look/appearance, but also his personality, his studies, his interests, the love for business and high speed, his hobbies, the way of life, the choice of Beatrice, the choice to study in Italy, his class etc. Also, I think he is very close to the italian culture. I don't know if you undersatand what I mean...

Pierre is just like his father. He reminds me a lot of Stefano: not only his look/appearance, but also his personality, his studies, his interests, the love for business and high speed, his hobbies, the way of life, the choice of Beatrice, the choice to study in Italy, his class etc. Also, I think he is very close to the italian culture. I don't know if you undersatand what I mean...

I never thought all this, but you are fully right! Perfectly said!

Was Stefano Casiraghi given any title after his marriage to Princess Caroline?

Not at once, but I have read that not long before his death Rainier had given him the title of "Duke".

If that were true, the Casis would have titles. I've always read that Stefano did not want a title and that neither wanted their children to have titles. They wanted the children to be able to lead normal lives.

Not at once, but I have read that not long before his death Rainier had given him the title of "Duke".

No, it was a joke. The Italian press called him 'Duke of Brianza'.

Okay, I see. Thanks Tosca!

FanofMonaco..."normal lives"?? What a hoot. There is nothing normal at all about the lives of the Casi kids...not a thing. Unless we are discussing the normal lives of mega wealthy jestsetters which is exactly what they are, and they occasionally attend formal events in Monaco, and they are in the line of Succession....just as they would if they'd had titles.

It would have changed nothing.

Last edited:
I agree with Moonmaiden23, I really do not understand the difference of the now life of the Casi's and if they had a title, except the fact that with a title people might bow and curtsay to them (is people in Monaco curtseying to Pcs Stephanie? not so sure).
Pcs Alexandra has a title of HRH, is her life less "normal" than Charlotte's life?

Back
Top Bottom