The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-26-2008, 06:58 PM

^ I have been admiring that website for many years now. I love the biography and am still working to finish an English translation that I begun doing just recently. I never even looked at the pics before, though. They are, indeed, lovely. I love the one of him, black & white, sitting at his desk. There is something there so apparent, his shyness, so strong in that photo.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzy2006 View Post

Here is the web that I just found out. Somebody might had posted it before.. but just to share. Some pics show him at work.. love it! I just hope that at least one of his children will follow his foot step or at least has his credibility...

'+'
I definitely see that happening. Despite Andrea being rather secretive about his future plans and Pierre's love of parties, I do see at least one of them settling down and going the business route (Pierre more so than Andrea because of he's an economics major).

Old 01-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Aristocracy

..Charlotte can be included We never know..

I definitely say he lived life to the fullest..a businessman, a chairman, a sportman (racing, ice hockey..), a model, married to a princess.. eventhough he was only 30 but at that age he already done lots of things..
Old 01-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
In that kind of situation, anybody can be so 'selfish'.. her husband had a tragic accident, died immediately, the children still young.. what do you think, a woman would react? That is the time you just dont want to share your husband with anybody because you know he gonna leave you.... if you know what I mean
I do agree with you. Besides, Stefano's ex girlfriend, had been very annoying since Stefano got engaged with Caroline. She gave interviews to many Italian magazines, posing for pics, giving them pics of herself and Stefano etc. She was mad with Stefano, and she spoke too much to the press, IMO.
Quote:
.I definitely say he lived life to the fullest..a businessman, a chairman, a sportman (racing, ice hockey..), a model, married to a princess.. eventhough he was only 30 but at that age he already done lots of things..
Right! He did everything in a short time. His mother said in an interview that he learned to read watching a quiz game on TV when he was very little, I can't remember if she said he was four or three years old, but anyways , he was very young.
She said it was like he knew he didn't have much time to live.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
..Charlotte can be included We never know..
Oh, of course, of course. I just see her going more of the fashion journalism route, that's all. That's why I didn't include her.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Right! He did everything in a short time. His mother said in an interview that he learned to read watching a quiz game on TV when he was very little, I can't remember if she said he was four or three years old, but anyways , he was very young.
She said it was like he knew he didn't have much time to live.
The author of the online bio of Stefano implies the same thing. I can't remember exactly how he/she put it..... something like, Stefano was so eager to taste every moment of life, and he made the most of all of 30 years, never satisfied, always trying to be better, live bigger, live more, do more. That's why he became bored at Bocconi, I think. He could not sit still in a classroom, I believe it. He had to be out in the world, living and breathing and tasting the good life.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Dying at age 30 is so young, and he left behind 3 kids. Is this chapel where Stefano is buried in the Palace?
Old 01-28-2008, 04:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Dying at age 30 is so young, and he left behind 3 kids. Is this chapel where Stefano is buried in the Palace?
La Chapelle de la Paix is not in the Palace, but it´s very near at the Rocher, the promontory where the Palace and the important buildings are located.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:49 AM

Rosana, does the chapel sit within the walls of the palace?
Old 01-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Courtier

CasiraghiTrio,
La Chapelle de la Paix is on the Place de la Visitation.
Monaco Official Site - Old Town
Within the palace walls is the Chapelle Palatine.

You can find a picture of it on this website
Cartes et photos de la Principauté de Monaco - Pictures and maps of the Principality of Monaco
Looks like a beautiful little chappel.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:33 PM

Oh, for some reason I forgot Stefano was not in the Palatine Chapel. I confuse the two because the trio were all christened in the Palatine Chapel.

About Stefano's funeral, who besides the Casiraghi and Grimaldi families, and his friends attended? Did any foreign royalty attend?
Old 01-30-2008, 02:49 AM
Serene Highness

Cdm, thank you for the map.
Le Closs Saint Pierre, Princess Caroline´s house is in front of the Jardins Saint Martin, very close to the Mussee Oeanographic. It´s where she used to live with Stefano.
Casiraghitrio: in Caroline´s biography,Jose Luis Roig names some people who attended the funeral: Danielle Miterrand,Michel Durafour,a french minister,Prince Fouad and Princess Fadila of Saudi Arabia, Victor Manuel of Savoy, Gunilla von Bismark and of course Niarchos, Delon, Rossellini, Lagerfeld. It also says it was not an official mourning because he was the civil spouse of the Princess.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Gentry

yes, he is in chapelle de la paix. I was in monaco last summer and I tried to visit it but it's closed, it's a private zone and a very beautiful one. I can put the photo I did :p
Old 01-31-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Cdm, thank you for the map.
Le Closs Saint Pierre, Princess Caroline´s house is in front of the Jardins Saint Martin, very close to the Mussee Oeanographic. It´s where she used to live with Stefano.
Casiraghitrio: in Caroline´s biography,Jose Luis Roig names some people who attended the funeral: Danielle Miterrand,Michel Durafour,a french minister,Prince Fouad and Princess Fadila of Saudi Arabia, Victor Manuel of Savoy, Gunilla von Bismark and of course Niarchos, Delon, Rossellini, Lagerfeld. It also says it was not an official mourning because he was the civil spouse of the Princess.
Yeah, Clos Saint Pierre is directly across the street from the museum oceanographic, right? Thanks for the info. about the funeral. Is Roig's biography a very good one? When you say "Niarchos" you mean Spyros?
Was Prince Ernst & Chantal there?
Old 01-31-2008, 05:29 PM
Serene Highness

Well, Roig´s biography is pretty good, but it was published in 1993, so it tells the primcess life until her romance with Lindon. It focuses especially in her youth, her first marriage.
It only mentions the greek shipbuilder Niarchos. It could be Spyros father, although i guess he was very old in 1990, or maybe one of his sons.
It doesn´t mention Ernst of Hanover, but as the families were always related i suppused he could have been there, as many other non famous royals.
Several other people are buried in the Chapelle: Prince Pierre (father of Rainier), John Gilpin ( the third spouse of Antoinette) and one of her daughters, Christine-Alix de Massy.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Surely we've seen the bigger pic of Stefano so many times, but look at the smaller b/w one: he's almost identical to Andrea! Same posture, same expression.
In all pics of him his eyes were misted over with sadness, as if he'd foreseen his untimely death:

Paris Match
Old 02-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Surely we've seen the bigger pic of Stefano so many times, but look at the smaller b/w one: he's almost identical to Andrea! Same posture, same expression.
In all pics of him his eyes were misted over with sadness, as if he'd foreseen his untimely death:

Paris Match
I totally agree with you, they are so much alike, until I saw this pic didin't realize it but this is impressive, wonder what does Caroline feel when she looks at her son...she must think about Stefano everytime she looks Andrea especially now that Andrea is close to the age his father passed away...
Old 02-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Serene Highness

I love it - and, from old reports, Andrea is so proud to so closely resemble his father - hence, the longer hair and bohemian style. He seemed to so admire his father, emulating him is a compliment. And, I would think that Caroline never tried to stop him because it's a way for him to remember and honor his father - to dress like him, wear his hair longer.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Aristocracy

Pictures of Stefano. I hope these aren't reposts ...

Pic1

Pic2
Old 02-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Commoner

Does anyone have an interview of Stefano Caisraghi?

Also, found these two pics on ebay
http://e.desgranges.free.fr/monaco-2309-1-93.jpg
http://i20.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/85/fc/f184_1.JPG