Stefano Casiraghi, Part II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Photos found on Masterphoto, don't know if someone already post it?
One of them is showing Stefano's grave or just memorial ? :( :confused: Not sure..There are also Stefano's parents on the photo.

f5d6b4.jpg
f5d6ig.jpg

Ianna said:
Photos found on Masterphoto, don't know if someone already post it?
One of them is showing Stefano's grave or just memorial ? :( :confused:

That pic seems to have been taken in a typical Italian cemetery, so that must be just a memorial, as Stefano is buried in Monaco.

I'm wondering if Caro has kept on having a message in memory of her late husband in the " Corriere della Sera" (Italy's major newspaper) like she did each year since Stefano's death even after she's married EA.:confused:

I didn´t know that Caro have a menssage in Corriele de la Sera", it`s nice.

And thanks for the pics Ianna, they haven´t been posted before, Stefano looks cute in the first...and just like Pierre.

Thanx for giving additional info, Tosca..The title of that photo made me confused what's really about;)

You're welcome Piewi!;)

Two beautiful portraits of Stefano from Newscom..You can definately see resemblance in children nowadays..

fd8rvl.jpg
fd8tfk.jpg

I found an article published today for the Guardian Newspaper (UK) in which the reporter talks about visiting Monaco and how Albert is coping with his new role. In the article the reporter also says that there was recently a mass for the 15th anniversary of Stefano's death.
When I was in Monaco, a simple service was held at the Church of Ste Devote in Monte Carlo to commemorate the 15th anniversary of Stefano's death. Only the Casiraghi family were present - no photographers, and no reporters, beside myself, that I could see. Such is the extent of security and privacy in Monaco. But Stefano, plainly, is not forgotten.
It's sweet to know that they all still unite to think about Stefano and still count the time since he left them! Does anybody know if they have a special mass every year for him or how the trio coped and are still coping with regards his death??? Thanks!

Ianna said:
Two beautiful portraits of Stefano from Newscom..You can definately see resemblance in children nowadays..
Especially the first one..thanks for posting, Ianna!

budge9 said:
I found an article published today for the Guardian Newspaper (UK) in which the reporter talks about visiting Monaco and how Albert is coping with his new role. In the article the reporter also says that there was recently a mass for the 15th anniversary of Stefano's death.

It's sweet to know that they all still unite to think about Stefano and still count the time since he left them! Does anybody know if they have a special mass every year for him or how the trio coped and are still coping with regards his death??? Thanks!
It's wonderful that they still pray for Stefano. No one in his family will ever forget his memory. Even his children, although they were young and may have few or no memories they will forever mourn the father that they lost so soon in life. Everytime one of Caroline & Stefano's children has a life changing moment ar acomplishes something great Caroline no doubt wishes for Stefano to at least share and witness in the moment, or may have been as small as Pierre learing how to walk or saying daddy when he was a baby to a high school graduation, future wedding or grandchild. It's realy bittersweet! I know Caroline turned to the church for guidence through that terrible time, aside from that I have no idea how they coped.

budge9 said:

That is so sweet! i´m glad becouse his family, even the trio who were really young when he died, still remembering him:) . It`s a pitty that he has gone so soon...:(
I was wondering if they´ve a mass on Octuber, sure there was one

Ianna those pics are great! He is so handsome in the first;)

Does anyone know of anything personal of Stefano? I mean I haven't heard much about him except for after he married Caroline. How was his childhood. What were his like and dislikes, Schools he attended, trips he'd taken, buiosness ventures, prior girlfriends.... Does anyone know?

If you can speak French you can find an interesting and complete biography of Stefano at http://www.chez.com/stefanocasiraghi/Biographie.htm.

There are also two of his girlfriends he used to date before meeting Caroline mentioned in that article: actress Dalila di Lazzaro and showgirl Marina Perzy. Both a bit older than he was. After all, also Caro was 3 years his senior...

Marina (source gossipnews.it):
marinaperzy81ie.jpg

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/8631/marinaperzy81ie.jpg.

Dalila (source daliladilazzaro.it):http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/8731/foto28av.jpg
foto28av.jpg

Thanks for the pics Tosca. Very much appreciated. Dalilia is gorgeous! Seems Stefano had an eye for the beautiful ladies. Unfortunately my french is very rusty, I'll have to search for a translator online. Thanks

Thanx for biography link Tosca..It's so long, and with interesting details..

Stefano and Pierre

Found this lovely photos on Newscom..Stefano and his youngest enjoying time together..

It's so sad that were one of Stefano's latest photos. They are dated on 29th September 1990., and just few days later..:(

flhdug.jpg
flheon.jpg

Stefano and Caroline..:) ..so beautiful..:) (Ullstein)

iduqle.jpg

verydrea said:
Finally I'm here again!!!I have a new comp. because the other was
completely dead!!!!...and i lost all my pix!!:mad: :mad: :mad: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So i just need of these ( and those old too...:eek: )

Thank you!!!!!!:D

Baci!!!!!!!!!:)

Veri!!! Hey bella it's nice to see you back!

From Wikipedia.com

Stefano Casiraghi

Stefano Casiraghi (September 8, 1960 – October 3, 1990) was a sportsman and Italian businessman. He was a son of Fernanda and Giancarlo Casiraghi and the second husband of Princess Caroline of Monaco.
He had once described himself as "a born businessman" who was invloved in all sectors of business from exporting footwear to building and investment. He owned garages, used car lots, restaurants, boutiques, heliports, apartment houses, factories and souvenir shops. He had business interests in North Africa, the Middle East, Rome, Milan, Paris and New York.
On December 29, 1983 he married the princess. Her father, Prince Rainier was by all accounts suspicious of his new son-in-law as many were. The Italian papers called him "Carolino" and imagined him to be a mere plaything for his wife but he surprised everyone by becoming a very powerful man in Monaco in a very short time. In seven years he emerged as Rainier's shadow and was of enormous value to Rainier on account of his business sense and his discretion.
The couple had three children:
  • Andrea Casiraghi born June 8, 1984.
  • Charlotte Casiraghi born August 3, 1986.
  • Pierre Casiraghi born September 5, 1987.
Their are, respectively, second, fourth and third in the line of succession to the Monegasque throne, after their mother, who now styles herself HRH the Princess of Hanover, Hereditary Princess of Monaco.
Casiraghi was killed in a speed boating accident off the coast of Monaco on October 3, 1990 while defending his World Off-shore title. There were 3-4 foot wave conditions on the race course. These rogue waves caused his boat to flip. His boat did not have a full canopy. Experts who studied Casiraghi's accident have said that he would most likely have survived the accident if his boat had a full canopy. Only weeks earlier, he had escaped death when his boat blew up off the coast of Guernsey. He had planned to retire after his defence of the title in 1990.
Many believe that there was Mafia involvement in his death but while there is no evidence to support this, there were reportedly some in Monaco who drank champagne when he died. Stefano is buried in the Chapelle de la Paix in Monaco, which is also the resting place of his wife's paternal grandfather, Prince Pierre of Monaco.

Indeed so sweet and both so proud..:) Thanks for sharing, flowerpower!
If I remember it right more of these can be seen in the Pierre and Andrea children pics thread.

Clipping from Hola (similar with one I posted already somewhere).. Stefano and Caroline going on grave of Stefano's friend Andrea..after whom he named his son..
o05qmv.jpg

Is there anything about Stefano and Caroline before their wedding, any pictures, stories.... I've been looking everywhere but there is almost nothing?
Can't believe they were sooooooo discreet!

It's Stefano when he worked as a model

Tosca said:
Thanks for the compliments marlene! I live in a small town near Parma ( the home of the original Parmesan cheese and Parma ham, not to mention the composer Verdi and the conductor Toscanini). However I was born in Southern Tuscany not far from Siena. My Mom's was also born there, while my Dad was originally from the Venice area. Yes, I'm very proud of my heterogeneous heritage.:D :D :D

Love.

Hey, I would love to come and live there! Any chance? I lived in Germany for about 5 years and now want to remove myself AGAIN from the USA and move maybe over there. I fell in love with Italia when I traveled from Germany to Rome, stopping in Firenze and Pisa.

:D

WOW Pierre is sure a clone of him! Would anybody know how tall Stefano was?

Last edited:
I agree with you

he looks like his father and P is my favourite. His brother is oK but Pierre is classy ; even when he was a baby he was so cute !

De La Cruza said:
WOW Pierre is sure a clone of him! Would anybody know how tall Stefano was?

Back
Top Bottom