The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Randy may have given a reference. I just placed an order for the book from the Library and will get back to you unless someone else has the book and can answer before then.
I have the book. He provides no citation for his claim that Rainier gave Stefano a ducal title. He just states it as fact in a single line in an appendix about Caroline at the back of the book .

Just glancing though a chapter now there are a few easy errors.....he says Grace was buried in a peaceful promintory overlooking the Mediterranean next to other family members, well she is buried in the Cathedral. He said Rainier was the longest reigning monarch in the world, well that honour still belongs to the King of Thailand. Small errors for sure but easy to fact check.

It has been awhile since I read the book, but I don't think it is filled with new info or insights. it is better than People magazine (which is actually cited as a source document along with Hello) and an bit better than Donald Spotos book but thats all I can say about it.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I have the book. He provides no citation for his claim that Rainier gave Stefano a ducal title. He just states it as fact in a single line in an appendix about Caroline at the back of the book .

Just glancing though a chapter now there are a few easy errors.....he says Grace was buried in a peaceful promintory overlooking the Mediterranean next to other family members, well she is buried in the Cathedral. He said Rainier was the longest reigning monarch in the world, well that honour still belongs to the King of Thailand. Small errors for sure but easy to fact check.

It has been awhile since I read the book, but I don't think it is filled with new info or insights. it is better than People magazine (which is actually cited as a source document along with Hello) and an bit better than Donald Spotos book but thats all I can say about it.
Okay thanks then I will cancel. I read it somewhere else as well that he had given him one I just don't recall where. Many of the books have errors in them. Bad editing.

NGalitzine is correct. The title of First Lady is given to the wife of an elected official and if you look at the list on Wikipedia you can find the list of countries which have one at the very bottom.

There is currently two Princess Consorts in Europe: Marie, Princess of Liechtenstein and Charlene, Princess of Monaco. To call them a First Lady would be incorrect however, the press does it all the time. Only someone who follows Royals knows the difference. Has anyone ever referred to Prince Philip as the First Gentleman of Britain?

Old 10-03-2013, 06:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Today is 23 years since Stefano left.
RIP!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:29 AM
Gentry

For me there are two very dark days in the history of Monaco, the first being september 14th 1982, the second: october 3rd 1990... Stefano, sadly missed, never forgotten. Never far from my thoughts, he holds a special place in my heart!
Old 10-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGrace View Post
For me there are two very dark days in the history of Monaco, the first being september 14th 1982, the second: october 3rd 1990... Stefano, sadly missed, never forgotten. Never far from my thoughts, he holds a special place in my heart!
You said all, in so nice words.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGrace View Post

Dying, Stefano was elevated from the status of manhood to the status of legend. He became one of those tragic, legendary heroes whose life, dids and affections will always be remembered and narrated through out the years. Being swept away from P. Caroline with his inexplicable death he ented the realm of the romantic heroes literature has been giving us through out the centuries. May God bless him...
Old 10-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Gentry

Aren't you putting it a bit too far lazuli ? Calling him a hero? It's tragic that he died so young leaving a wife and 3 toddlers behind, but sorry to burst your bubble, real heroes are others.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:24 PM
Serene Highness

In The Grimaldis of Monaco, Anne Edwards wrote:

There is no doubt that his (Stefano Casiraghi's) electric personality had a strong effect on Caroline. Many of her former café society friends were dropped, and her life quickly resolved around Casiraghi.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post

There is no doubt that his (Stefano Casiraghi's) electric personality had a strong effect on Caroline. Many of her former café society friends were dropped, and her life quickly resolved around Casiraghi.
Dear CyrilVladisla, if you have read this book about the Grimaldies, could you, please, write some more information about Stefano's personality, activities in Monaco and his relationship not only with Caroline, but also with Rainier and the Grimaldi family. I believe that he was a very strong personality.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
Dear CyrilVladisla, if you have read this book about the Grimaldies, could you, please, write some more information about Stefano's personality, activities in Monaco and his relationship not only with Caroline, but also with Rainier and the Grimaldi family. I believe that he was a very strong personality.

Prince Rainer had wholeheartedly welcomed Stefano into the family.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talitha View Post
Aren't you putting it a bit too far lazuli ? Calling him a hero? It's tragic that he died so young leaving a wife and 3 toddlers behind, but sorry to burst your bubble, real heroes are others.
Sad to agree. His loss was a devastating shock to his family and friends. It caused Caroline immeasurable pain. But there is not a thing heroic about participating in high risk speed boat racing-particularly when you have a wife and very young children at home who need you.

May he rest in peace.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:01 AM
Aristocracy

In my opinion, Stefano was a very enigmatic personality. But he was certainly very ambitious, a real businesssman. He was passionate about speed what ended-up tragically for him...Well, sometimes people die from cancer, sometimes they die in accidents. Life...
Old 05-31-2014, 05:47 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisaa View Post
In my opinion, Stefano was a very enigmatic personality. But he was certainly very ambitious, a real businesssman. He was passionate about speed what ended-up tragically for him...Well, sometimes people die from cancer, sometimes they die in accidents. Life...
Pierre is just like his father. He reminds me a lot of Stefano: not only his look/appearance, but also his personality, his studies, his interests, the love for business and high speed, his hobbies, the way of life, the choice of Beatrice, the choice to study in Italy, his class etc. Also, I think he is very close to the italian culture. I don't know if you undersatand what I mean...
Old 05-31-2014, 08:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post

Pierre is just like his father. He reminds me a lot of Stefano: not only his look/appearance, but also his personality, his studies, his interests, the love for business and high speed, his hobbies, the way of life, the choice of Beatrice, the choice to study in Italy, his class etc. Also, I think he is very close to the italian culture. I don't know if you undersatand what I mean...
I never thought all this, but you are fully right! Perfectly said!