The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by budge9 View Post
It is sad to think how little time the Casiraghi trio had with their Dad but if Stefano hadn't died then Caroline never would have had Alexandra- strange the way life works! Caroline may be alone again now as she was 21 years ago but at least she has Alexandra with her.
I think if Stefano wouldn't die, Caroline would have more babies with him.

Old 05-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by imojeen View Post
Most probably. P. Caroline always said she wanted to have as much babies as God send her so... besides rumors ( and they're only rumors never confirmed ) are that she was pregnant with a forth child when Stefano died. True or false? I read an interview with Stefano's father shortly after his death, and when asked that same question about a possible pregnancy of the Princess, M. Casiraghi was very evasive on his answer... neither confirming nor denying...

Old 05-21-2012, 03:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by imojeen View Post
Agree! She has always said that she wishes to have as children she would expect!
It was a rumour a year after Pierre that she was pregnant again, but she lost it. Some pictures showed her with sligtly proeminemt belly, and some weeks after... flat belly. Nothing was never confirmed nor denied.
As for the rumour about pregancy when Stefano died, if it was true she might have loose the baby bwcause of the shock! but she would NEVER have aborted!
Old 05-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Gentry

It's clear that she enjoys being a mother. I remember that a few years before Stefano died the press published some pics of Caro wearing a bathsuit and sporting a light belly........the caption said that she was pregnant with their 4th child. Truth ? Lie ? Who knows !
Old 05-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Courtier

Oh my God, poor Caroline... I really hope that's just a rumour... Loosing a beloved husband and a few months later a baby, it's awfull!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talitha View Post
It's clear that she enjoys being a mother. I remember that a few years before Stefano died the press published some pics of Caro wearing a bathsuit and sporting a light belly........the caption said that she was pregnant with their 4th child. Truth ? Lie ? Who knows !
Exactly. These are the pics I'm referring to. A bathsuit black and pink, with large stripes.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Aristocracy

here on powerboatarchive i found some footage about the competition in 1990 http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Mo...opean/Monaco90
if it doesn`t work google powerboatarchive then go to movies
Old 05-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Please let us not restart those speculations, it's a very sensitive theme and would be unfair towards the living and the dead.
Thanks for your understanding!
Old 05-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracerainier View Post
Wow, never saw this. Great find gracerainier!
He was such a beautiful men. I'm so curious how he would have aged.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Gentry

I think he would have probably aged very well. He'd be 51 now, so still young, and a keen sportman, it's pretty sure that he would've kept a good body.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:06 AM
Aristocracy

Another video about the competition in 1990 in which Stefano competed Untitled Document
And here is the video from the competition in Monaco when he died
Monaco 1990

and lots of articles:
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Ma...0Casiraghi.pdf
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Ma...rlds%20pics.pd
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Ma...RLDS%20(3).pdf
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Ma...RLDS%20(2).pdf
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Ma...aghi%20(4).pdf

Visit the site then choose Library, Graham Stevens and then you can see lots of articles about Stefano during the 80`s and 1990
Old 07-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracerainier View Post
Another video about the competition in 1990 in which Stefano competed Untitled Document
And here is the video from the competition in Monaco when he died
Monaco 1990

and lots of articles:
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Ma...0Casiraghi.pdf
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Ma...rlds%20pics.pd
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Ma...RLDS%20(3).pdf
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Ma...RLDS%20(2).pdf
http://www.powerboatarchive.co.uk/Ma...aghi%20(4).pdf

Visit the site then choose Library, Graham Stevens and then you can see lots of articles about Stefano during the 80`s and 1990
Twenty two years have gone by and Stefano's death is still shockingly present... like it had happened just last week. His death turned the champion he was into a legendary heroe. His life and his love story with P. Caroline will still be told for many years to come. By dieing he entered the realm of the chosen ones. May he rest in Gods arms forever!
Old 08-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Is there any other source for Rainier ever giving Stefano ducal rank? Perhaps a decree by Rainier? It seems odd to create him a duke when he only gave Antoinette one of his own baronial titles for her lifetime. Also it would seem even odder for the Sovereign Prince of Monaco to give out any "Of Monaco" title, and if he did to not make it hereditary for his grandsons.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Serene Highness

I never read anywhere that Stefano was created a duke of monaco. Is there a source? Because if he was, it should have been mentioned somewhere in the Internet.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Is there any other source for Rainier ever giving Stefano ducal rank? Perhaps a decree by Rainier? It seems odd to create him a duke when he only gave Antoinette one of his own baronial titles for her lifetime. Also it would seem even odder for the Sovereign Prince of Monaco to give out any "Of Monaco" title, and if he did to not make it hereditary for his grandsons.

There are indeed old newspapers articles ( some can be found running in the internet ) mentioning that P. Rainier was considering the possibility of making Stefano Duke of Mazarine ( an old title ). True or false? I can't tell...

The Spokesman-Review - Google News Archive Search

http://The Spokesman-Review - 8 Fev 1986
Old 08-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

For those asking about a link about Stefano and the Duke of Monaco I gave the link in it and it takes you to where it is written in the book review of "Once Upon a Time: Behind the Fairy Tale of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier" By J. Randy Taraborrelli this is the link again.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Serene Highness

I think Duke and Baron are the same thing; Baron being the French term. I think Stephano refused the offer; hense the children do not have titles.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Duke and Baron are not the same thing, not even in France.

Lady MacAlpine, I know Randy Tarraborelli wrote about the ducal title in his book, I was asking if there was a more reliable and verifiable source such as a decree issued by Rainier. "Duke of Monaco" just does not make sense as a title granted by the Prince of Monaco. I have never seen Caroline referred to as HSH The Duchess of Monaco in the same was as she is now referred to as HRH The Princess of Hanover.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Serene Highness

Duke and Baron are far from being the same thing. Please at least google both terms first.
And just because some writer wrote it in a book, doesn't make it "official." I did clicjed the link you provided, however that book looked like one of the many "unofficial biographies" that are out there.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Duke and Baron are not the same thing, not even in France.

Lady MacAlpine, I know Randy Tarraborelli wrote about the ducal title in his book, I was asking if there was a more reliable and verifiable source such as a decree issued by Rainier. "Duke of Monaco" just does not make sense as a title granted by the Prince of Monaco. I have never seen Caroline referred to as HSH The Duchess of Monaco in the same was as she is now referred to as HRH The Princess of Hanover.
Randy may have given a reference. I just placed an order for the book from the Library and will get back to you unless someone else has the book and can answer before then.