The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Courtier

Actually, Prince Rainier called Jean-Paul Scarpita, who rang Caroline's car phone and got her driver Tony and told him the news. Tony rushed into Carita's and said, "Madame must return to Monaco." She rushed out of the salon and called Jean-Paul, who broke the news of Stefano's death. She left Paris immediately with Ines de la Fressange and went straight to the funeral home where Stefano was taken after the accident.
And Caroline was certainly aware the Stefano was racing that day. Apparently he promised her that after he defended his World Offshore Powerboat title, he would give up powerboat racing because it was "the only thing we seem to argue about." So the terrible truth is that Stefano had promised Caroline that the race would be his last. And it certainly was.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecia View Post
Actually, Prince Rainier called Jean-Paul Scarpita, who rang Caroline's car phone and got her driver Tony and told him the news. Tony rushed into Carita's and said, "Madame must return to Monaco." She rushed out of the salon and called Jean-Paul, who broke the news of Stefano's death. She left Paris immediately with Ines de la Fressange and went straight to the funeral home where Stefano was taken after the accident.
And Caroline was certainly aware the Stefano was racing that day. Apparently he promised her that after he defended his World Offshore Powerboat title, he would give up powerboat racing because it was "the only thing we seem to argue about." So the terrible truth is that Stefano had promised Caroline that the race would be his last. And it certainly was.
It's all so terribly sad. And the possibility that his seatbelt could have ensured his death is just awful. I've seen a clip of an earlier interview with Stefano than the one you referenced, where the interviewer asked if his racing didn't frighten Caroline, and he said that she understood that a man had to live according to his passions, or he wasn't really living his life. How totally prophetic and true.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I never heard this story about Jean-Paul Scarpita, but it sounds to me strange that Prince Rainier, under these dramatic circumstances needed to ask an internediary to call his daughter's car and to announce her husband's loss!!
As concerns te race, it is true, Stefano had promissed to stop after this race. He said to Caroline that he could NOT avoid this race, because it took place near Monaco(!!), but after this, he was going to stop.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Courtier

I also read that he was first disqualified for the race, but it was decided the day before that he could participate anyway.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
I also read that he was first disqualified for the race, but it was decided the day before that he could participate anyway.
I read also the same. He was disqualified because he stopped in order to help another concurrent who was sinking!!!, but they put him back on race because he was previousely champion, or smth similar.

DESTINY!!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 02:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I never heard this story about Jean-Paul Scarpita, but it sounds to me strange that Prince Rainier, under these dramatic circumstances needed to ask an internediary to call his daughter's car and to announce her husband's loss!!
As concerns te race, it is true, Stefano had promissed to stop after this race. He said to Caroline that he could NOT avoid this race, because it took place near Monaco(!!), but after this, he was going to stop.
Apparently, Jean-Paul Scarpita was in Paris and an old friend of Rainier's. That's what I heard anyway.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Aristocracy

In Stefano's Photos, I see Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre.
They all take something from their Father.

October 3, 2010 will be Stefano's 20th Death Anniversary.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
What I have read says that Caroline didn't want to attend the race because, some weeks beforehand, Stefano had been in another race and his boat had blown up but he survived. So Caroline didn't want to put herself through this again. She couldn't stand it. So she went to Paris to have her hair done while Stefano went to defend his title and this was to be his last race, because he promised her, no more after this one. Right?
Old 07-03-2010, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Please keep in mind that Princess Caroline has never talked about
those tragic days in a detailed way, so don't let us speculate about
it that much!
Old 08-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Nobility

In this web someone named Vittorio Belluso says the history when he met Stefano, as Stefano introduced to Carolina, she seemed to him to be shy. He also counts as Caroline is going to visit his mother-in-law in helicopter...

Here he counts as knew to Carolina. (In Italian)

FORZA CAVALLASCA » Stefano Casiraghi

Here all broadly speaking (In italian and French)

FORZA CAVALLASCA » LIFE:quel che ricordo di Stefano Casiraghi
Old 08-28-2010, 01:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
He,he, it's interesting to learn that those people interviewed didn't recognize Caroline, and describe her simply as a 'pretty' girl, and not stunning.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:33 AM
Courtier

The idea of royalty or celebrity (or just being "special" in some way) tends to amplify a person's feeling of admiration, I find. It gives them a canvas to project their ideals and fantasies onto. Myths about the lives they lead aid the idea that they embody everything good and glamourous in the world. Caroline is one. The Casiraghis are definitely another.
Okay, philosophical musings over.
It's cute that Caroline still visits Fernanda. They seem very close (if I'm not mistaken, Caroline still calls her "mama") and I'm sure it's a comfort to her to still be close to them. Maybe she could settle down in Northern Italy in later life. Say Tosca, what would you think of that? Having a princess in your neck of the woods? Just joking. She's probably content to disrupt the lives of the people of Fino Mornasco with helicopters for many years to come.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
He,he, it's interesting to learn that those people interviewed didn't recognize Caroline, and describe her simply as a 'pretty' girl, and not stunning.
Not is "those people", is a one person. I'm sorry, If I don't explaining myself well.

I wouldn't care that someone says of me "ma estremamente fine"

I think that Caroline is stunning, especially in the 80's and 90's.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:48 AM
Aristocracy

hey! thanks for the article!
by the way: do you know how to pronunce Stefano? (Stéfano or Stefáno)
Old 08-28-2010, 06:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdc View Post
hey! thanks for the article!
by the way: do you know how to pronunce Stefano? (Stéfano or Stefáno)
I have a friend of Padova whose name is Stefano, and we pronounce Stéfano
Old 08-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
. Say Tosca, what would you think of that? Having a princess in your neck of the woods? Just joking. She's probably content to disrupt the lives of the people of Fino Mornasco with helicopters for many years to come.
But we do have a Prince as a neighbour already, whose family is way older and nobler than that of the Grimaldis: he's name's Diofebo Meli Lupi di Soragna. He also owns a haunted castle. He,he. I happen to see him every now and then. He was a good friend with Rainier, and I do not exclude the Grimaldis might have payed a visit or two to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerehh View Post
Not is "those people", is a one person. I'm sorry, If I don't explaining myself well.

I wouldn't care that someone says of me "ma estremamente fine"

I think that Caroline is stunning, especially in the 80's and 90's.
Some of my friends and relatives saw Caroline in Monaco back in the 70's, and told that she was more photogenic than beautiful.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Some of my friends and relatives saw Caroline in Monaco back in the 70's, and told that she was more photogenic than beautiful.
Yes? Well, to me the people that saw Caroline told me that she's more beautiful in person than on magazine or TV.

My mother saw a Caroline in 1992 (Expo de Sevilla), she described to Caroline as stunning and very elegant, not only for her clothes but the way she walks, as she moves...
Old 08-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Aristocracy

It's true, Princess has always been extremaly gracious, which she quite likely owes to ballet, but IMO it also takes great contact with own body, but first of all being very spiritual and beautiful inside, which she is.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Well, isn't beauty in the eye of the beholder? So we can all see different things about the same person or place?

Old 08-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Serene Highness

It depends when your friends saw PC in the 70s. While she was at university she got a little chunky.