"Royals.... They're just like us !"

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iloveroyals

Courtier , TRF Author
City
Arlington
Country
United States
I'd like to start a thread entitled "Royals... They're just like us!", after the feature appearing in "US" people magazine called "Stars.... They're just like us !". I focus here on P.Caroline's family, because that's where I could contribute the most, but it could apply to Albert, and mostly to P. Stephanie, who, among the royals, is the closest thing to us, IMO. It could apply to any royal family, I am sure.

Topics could include, among others,
- they get their groceries, just like us,
- they take their kids to school, just like us,
- they take their baby to the pediatrician, just like us,
- they fall us their ski boards, just like us,
- they hang out with their friends outside school, just like us
- they enter clothing stores and try on things, just like us
- they study for their exams, just like us,
- they take exams, just like us,
- they work on their hobbies, just like us,
- they run out of gas, just like us,
- they take the subway, just like us,
- they play tourists, just like us,
- they eat on the beach, just like us,
- they suffer from the heat, just like us,
- they wait in line, just like us,
- they browse though people magazines, just like us,
- they carry their own luggage, just like us,
- they windowshop, just like us,
- they go into souvenir shops, just like us,
- they take the train, just like us,
- they powder their nose, just like us,

and others I can't remember at the moment

Here is an entry, entitled, "they run out of gas, just like us", Caroline in the seventies, from Hola
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5/louise_030/scan0004caroenpannedessence1.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5/louise_030/scan0005caroenpannedessence2.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
I love those pictures of Princess Caroline studying,and changing oils in the car.:flowers:
Thanks for sharing, Iloveroyals! :)

I have a question for you, iloveroyals.. Is the picture of Caroline studying with Philippe Junot from the Paris Match magazine? Thanks..:)

Chantal :)

So beautiful the picture of little Andrea sleeping!

Chantal Clement said:
I love those pictures of Princess Caroline studying,and changing oils in the car.:flowers:
Thanks for sharing, Iloveroyals! :)

I have a question for you, iloveroyals.. Is the picture of Caroline studying with Philippe Junot from the Paris Match magazine? Thanks..:)

I am not sure, it may be from Jours de France...

Thank you so much for the pictures, Ianna and iloveroyals! I think these type of pics, where you can see them doing everyday things with family, are my favourite. And the picture of Alex shopping with her Daddy is just awwww....

fandesacs2003 said:
I think this is Charlotte.

It's definitely Charlotte, the pic is on Townsend's blog.

Ani

Even though royals have titles they do the same things we do.Thanks for the nice pictures.

Thanks for letting me know, Iloveroyals:) I appericate it. :flowers:

Sweet idea and sweet pictures you've chosen!

Remember the "Shopping" thread I had opened, there are many many pics of the family shopping like you and me - I added some new pics today, take a look: shopping thread.

Lea, I thought that too ! It seemed so posed ... However, Caroline didn't seem to mind...

rerehh said:
importaria to scan to you all I articulate? gustaria me to be able to read it. thanks it sorry my bad expression but i don´t English and I am not being used a translator.

Are you saying you want the whole article from Hola ? (toda la pagina ? ) I'll gladly do that for you if you wish. (Si lo quieres, puedo hacerlo para usted)

iloveroyals said:
Are you saying you want the whole article from Hola ? (toda la pagina ? ) I'll gladly do that for you if you wish. (Si lo quieres, puedo hacerlo para usted)

yes, that is , thank you very much :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
They have some not-so-great habits just like us. Sorry, please don't get into debate about smoking here & again. I'm just stating a truth! :lol:

They read magazines just like us. You can find some pics of Charlotte with her Point du Vue (summer 2006) and also pics of Charlotte, Pierre and their friend Vanina Mandeli in 2003 at a magazine stand in Paris.

They fall asleep reading Scottish philosophers (David Hume)! (pics of Charlotte doing this already posted by Ianna)

They fall down just like us (not only skiing or snowboarding, but also Charlotte's fall at Stars Race in 2001, and several jumping falls)

Their feet become sore just like us. (Andrea and Tatiana, last year)

They drop things just like us. (Charlotte and Felix in airport shop last summer).

Hi, CasiraghiTrio, as a matter of fact, I was trying to find that picture of the kids falling while snowboarding. The French magazines, sycophantic as usual, only published photos of them looking like old pros. Only Spanish or Italian magazines published pictures of them actually learning and falling, and having fun doing it. I wouldn't post the ones of Charlotte falling off her horse, because she got really hurt and there is no need to show her in pain, but in the others, they are laughing as they fall, so that's all right.

It's actually pretty amazing how different magazines publish different things. A supermarket tabloid showed Prince Rainier actually almost hitting Pierre to remove a cigarette he was smoking (he was about 16 at the time), looking very angry and obviously lecturing him.

It's just that certain magazines like to show royals a little bit like us so we can identify to a certain extent, but not so much like us in our blunders and embarrassing moments, or just nice quiet moments. The element of glamour or nobility of attitude, behavior, must always be present.

I'll try to find the picture of Caroline painting her toenails, and just plain painting. They are serene, uncontroversial moments.

:ROFLMAO: Hi ! Hi ! It would be so funny to see this pic of Caroline painting her toenails !

It was posted a year or two ago. She was on her yacht.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom