The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 04:12 AM
Gentry

Princess Caroline's weight

Was Caroline chubby at one point or am i just imagining things? Has anyone got photos of her when she was heavier?

Old 11-04-2006, 05:56 AM
Nobility

She was. It also didn't help that although she had great bone structure, she tends to have a double chin. That is why for me, her shoulder length classic hairstyle was the most agreeable -- in her teen years, she did have those flapper-style hairdo's (wavy and short) that further emphasized or exaggerated her full cheeks and double chin. Same with her current hair length.

Old 11-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby_windsor
Was Caroline chubby at one point or am i just imagining things? Has anyone got photos of her when she was heavier?
Well, I saw a picture of her on a mag that is no longer published, dating back to 1977 or so, where she was standing between Prince Rainier and Christina Onassis. At that time Caroline had weight problems, and appeared heavier than Christina, who's never been paper-thin.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Courtier

may we see the pictures, please?
Old 11-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It seems to me that, prior to her marriage to Junot, she was a bit heavier (she had plump cheeks) but I don't think she's ever been overweight.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I am sorry if what I am going to say offends anyone, but what does it matter what someone weighs? I just do not understand the constant obsession with peoples weight. I am lucky enough to be thin myself, but some people just do not have the metabolism, or genetic structure to be thin, and pressuring people to look a certain way leads to disastrous results.

As for Princess Caroline, she has always been a healthy weight. I think that the Milan fashion council got it right when they started weighing the models and would not let the people who were at an unhealthy weight model in the shows.

Again, Caroline has always looked healthy, so why must we discuss whether or not she has a curvacious physique. I personally think that that is beautiful. The renaissance artists had it right!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I agree with you, Empress. Sometimes I think that some royals (and lots of other people) are too concerned with being thin or fitting into fashionable clothes (sometimes I have thought Caroline too thin) than being healthy. Look at what happened to Crown Princess Victoria in Sweden (not to mention Diana).

As for what I said about Caroline, I think that when we're younger, our faces tend to have more fat deposits (that's what makes us look haggard as we age, we lose them and our skin sags).
Old 11-05-2006, 06:00 AM
Nobility

here are some pics from the late 70's and early 80's from Brigitte's site worldroots.com where Caroline seems more ''round''

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs/caro75.jpg

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/royal...nemonaco98.jpg

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/royal...emonaco277.jpg at 15

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/royal...nemonaco53.jpg

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/royal...emonaco358.jpg
Old 11-05-2006, 07:58 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrice
Thank you for those photos Beatrice

Empress, her weight really doesn't matter but i guess neither does her tiara or her shoes or where she's going on holiday...just all trivial .

I guess because she leant more towards her father's genes she probably has more of a tendency to put on weight, could be the reasons she began smoking as a means of weight control, which is quite effective.

royrules, the photos where has the flapperish haircut are the photos i was thinking of, she looked quite frumpy with that hairstyle and the weight made her look older than she was at the time.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Nobility

The picture of Caroline at 15 is my all-time favorite. She looks SO beautiful!

Ani
Old 11-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Aristocracy

I think the posters here have only been discussing Caroline's weight as they might her hairstyle, makeup etc. I don't think that saying she was somewhat heavier in the past is really a criticism, more an observation. We all change in our physical appearance as we go through life. Let's not get too sensitive. It will get that way soon that "weight" will be a taboo word...
Old 11-05-2006, 11:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avareenah
I think the posters here have only been discussing Caroline's weight as they might her hairstyle, makeup etc. I don't think that saying she was somewhat heavier in the past is really a criticism, more an observation. We all change in our physical appearance as we go through life. Let's not get too sensitive. It will get that way soon that "weight" will be a taboo word...
Thanks for addressing this. Beautifully said, Avareenah.

To say one appeared plumper or overweight before shouldn't be interpreted as malicious or judgmental. We are all observers here anyway, that's why it's a forum -- for people to discuss issues pertaining to the royals within the context of respect and decency.

Caroline's apparent weight after all is being discussed in the point of view as mere observers. Pictures are supplied to prove or demonstrate the issue. It's not an attack on her inner qualities or a baseless judgment on her looks. Besides, the posters here are careful in noting that being chubby or heavy is not synonymous to being ugly.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:55 PM
Commoner

the photos didn't show her as too heavy and in now a days fashion, she would have been very much in style. people were stick-thin in the 80s, but in the 90s it was the more volumptuous, the better. that is really when the breast implants and buttocks implants got so much fame. it's a shame people don't like what they have, but it turned into a fad to add more to flash then. they still do. most of hollywood is plastic! i don't see the hype, but i'm not hollywood or royalty. as far as royals go, i think their bodies are real at least. although who knows if liposuction played any part in any of their thin figures!

caroline was gifted with a pretty face and nice body even if some think it was too fat. i think she was and still is very pretty, but then again stephanie is also very pretty. they got the best of their good genes in this set of sisters!
Old 11-06-2006, 01:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrice
To me judging by these photos- she looks normal and healthy and just beautiful. I love the one of her on her point shoes- what a GREAT figure- if she looks large to some then i must be the BEAST To be honest she looks slim it's just that every one else is skeletal.......and now days this is what we judge people on which is not right but I don't think anyone here was criticising her weight just interested....I think she looks better with weight on as the older you get & the thinner you try to be it just ages you...
Old 11-06-2006, 02:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1
may we see the pictures, please?
The pictures can't be seen anymore, because I no longer have that mag. It appeared in March 1977.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbitha
To me judging by these photos- she looks normal and healthy and just beautiful. I love the one of her on her point shoes- what a GREAT figure- if she looks large to some then i must be the BEAST To be honest she looks slim it's just that every one else is skeletal.......and now days this is what we judge people on which is not right but I don't think anyone here was criticising her weight just interested....I think she looks better with weight on as the older you get & the thinner you try to be it just ages you...
She is GORGEOUS, and not fat at all. She has just a round face, like Charlotte now, but this is just the youth, after some years, every body's face become thinner, cheeks "fall" in a way, but her shape is not fat, and do not forget she was very very exercizing, she should have strong muscles.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Hey, don't forget I was talking about nearly 30 years ago. That Photo dates back to the time she was in conflict with her parents, who didn't accept Junot as their in-law.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby_windsor
Thank you for those photos Beatrice

Empress, her weight really doesn't matter but i guess neither does her tiara or her shoes or where she's going on holiday...just all trivial .

I guess because she leant more towards her father's genes she probably has more of a tendency to put on weight, could be the reasons she began smoking as a means of weight control, which is quite effective.

royrules, the photos where has the flapperish haircut are the photos i was thinking of, she looked quite frumpy with that hairstyle and the weight made her look older than she was at the time.
you're most welcome.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Serene Highness

I think that she looked stunning!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Courtier

The image of the world is that beening thin is in and if your more round you are unhealthy which is untrue everybodys type is different some people carry their weight better than others. I have seen picture of Caroline when she was younger and more round and she looked okay with me either way their is nothing wrong with carry a little extra weight just don't let it get out of hand.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Closed Thread