The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Thanks Tosca. I don't remember an actress named Diane from the seventies.

Old 01-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
Her neme is Diane Seger,Didnít find nothing in the net about her?
http://editorial.acionline.biz/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=2474743

Old 01-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Flowerpower, thanks for the info !
Old 01-31-2007, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
I got messed up, sorry. I went to re-read the caption, and it just reads that the lady's name is Diane Seger. It doesn't mention neither her nationality, nor her profession. It seems the old man was involved in the oil industry, though, but I have no clue who he really is.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:12 AM
Gentry

Agreed NEVER fat,or chubby

The only part of her body that is chubby is her face.
Also agreed she might of been on birth control which makes you puff out and gain weight, some people gaining 25 pounds,11.36 kilos!
Plus camera and photographs adds alot of weight. Anywhere form 15-20 pounds in kilos thats 6.82-11.36! In conclusion Princess Caroline has always been slim! Her measurments I read in a French magazine were 34-35-34! Small!
Old 04-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Gentry

Princess Caroline

The old man is the photo is Armand Hammer. He was I believe the founder and president of Occidental Petroleum. He was a big wig in US Russia relations-business...but had a shady reputation.
The young woman in the photo I think is Grave Levine, Caroline's cousin.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Aristocracy

I've never seen a picture of a chubby Caroline.I've seen pictures of a pregnant Caroline.She's managed to maintain a slim physique. Didn't she just turn 50 this year? She looks fantastic! I think her short bob is very becoming.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Serene Highness

She gained a little weight at university (like us all) but her weight has been fine since then.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:07 PM

I know nothing about this, or about her weight gain in university, but I did read once that she had a very brief time in her childhood (very young, maybe eight to ten years old) when she had something like a weight problem. I don't know how severe it was, but it seems that it was a short period, and once she went to school in England, she had lost ten kilos and from then on, for the most part, she was quite thin.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:15 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

You can indeed see, from pictures taken in the early sixties, that she tended toward the chubby. Her healthy appetite was a topic of conversation in the early Point de Vue interviews with her mother. Choucroute, or sauerkraut, was said to be her favorite dish, which she would order for her birthday when she could choose. The weight got under control before her teens and it was not until her first and second year in Paris that she started gaining weight. One quote has her saying, in about 1975, "My mother told me to lose 3 kilos" (if a true quote, apparently, Princess Grace counted in kilos by then), and when she was dating Junot, a sub headline in Paris-Match stated, " He managed to make her lose 3 kilos". Always the same recurrent kilos apparently.They show in pictures when she took up ballet again in Paris, as well as in many unflattering angles of that period. She seems to have remained thin (and muscular) ever since.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Courtier

I remember reading that Philippe said to Caroline, "Come one, fatty" when they left the party. To please him, she lost 10 pounds. I also read that she also exerised to keep herself in shape. How much is 3 kilos?
Old 01-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
You can indeed see, from pictures taken in the early sixties, that she tended toward the chubby. Her healthy appetite was a topic of conversation in the early Point de Vue interviews with her mother. Choucroute, or sauerkraut, was said to be her favorite dish, which she would order for her birthday when she could choose. The weight got under control before her teens and it was not until her first and second year in Paris that she started gaining weight. One quote has her saying, in about 1975, "My mother told me to lose 3 kilos" (if a true quote, apparently, Princess Grace counted in kilos by then), and when she was dating Junot, a sub headline in Paris-Match stated, " He managed to make her lose 3 kilos". Always the same recurrent kilos apparently.They show in pictures when she took up ballet again in Paris, as well as in many unflattering angles of that period. She seems to have remained thin (and muscular) ever since.
iloveroyals thank you for your always precious information.

Hi girls, love the debates of the 70s!!

Made side by side of 2 pictures of Caroline in Ocean City, New Jersey, when she was a little chubby Ö

P. Junot call her: (Ma grosse)

The pictures Caroline in bikini
Old 01-12-2011, 07:25 PM

Geez...... it is sad that in flowerpower's pic, Caroline was considered in the media as fat, or chubby, or whatever. Because I wish she was more like that now! I mean, she looks fantastic there, like so much better than ever! That is not what I consider to be fat. I think that's NORMAL! That's like a normal, regular woman, but the media doesn't like "normal" women. They want waifs and anything bordering on "normal" is "grosse", both in the French meaning and the English (gross). Sad, huh?

Junot can kiss it where the sun don't shine, that's all I have to say about that a!?%*#^! haha
Old 01-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Geez...... it is sad that in flowerpower's pic, Caroline was considered in the media as fat, or chubby, or whatever. Because I wish she was more like that now! I mean, she looks fantastic there, like so much better than ever! That is not what I consider to be fat. I think that's NORMAL! That's like a normal, regular woman, but the media doesn't like "normal" women. They want waifs and anything bordering on "normal" is "grosse", both in the French meaning and the English (gross). Sad, huh?

Junot can kiss it where the sun don't shine, that's all I have to say about that a!?%*#^! haha
And do not forget that the standards "normal" for British or Americans is often considered in France"gross " or " a little fat".
Maybe they compared Caroline to very young slim Grace,that was that press did.But I agree with you ,Caroline is not skinny ,she is rather "normal standard" woman
Old 01-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Serene Highness

That is not one of her fat pictures. She was much chubbier when she started to date Junot and her hair was cut much shorter.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
iloveroyals thank you for your always precious information.

Hi girls, love the debates of the 70s!!

Made side by side of 2 pictures of Caroline in Ocean City, New Jersey, when she was a little chubby …

P. Junot call her: (Ma grosse)

The pictures Caroline in bikini
In familiar french, "ma grosse" is a tender word. It does not main that you call someone fat.
It it true that when younger Caroline was fatter that after her pregnacies, but she was NOT fat. Do not forget that she has always been exercizing since her tender childhood. So she was not a real fat!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Nobility

Caroline's face in her younger years tended to be full or chubby as well. In an improper angle, she appeared double chinned. Her body/figure was healthy, voluptuous at her "heaviest" in my opinion. What worked for her is her shapely legs. They were/are long and with slender ankles, just like her mother's, and thus made her appear fit.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Obviously, cultural standards vary according to era, place, and professional field (modeling, fashion). The media may be reacting to an ideal or idealized image of Caroline, for instance when she first looked smashing in a bikini, and any variation from this ideal will be considered flawed and in need of correction. I think women do that to themselves too (hence the "post a picture of yourself at your best on the refrigerator" tip when you want to lose weight), even though their perception of their best may be different from that of their loved ones. Posts about Charlotte's figure betray that bias too. Some people seem to think she looked her best at 15 or so, because that's when the first stunning pictures of her at the beach as a young woman came out. Actually, unless image obsessed, most people are very tolerant of fluctuations in weight and musculature and the process of aging. Caroline is large-boned and in my opinion, except in her early widowhood, has always looked strong and healthy. Charlotte is finer-boned and fit in her own way. It goes to show, you can be very attractive in the Grace Kelly way, very slim-waisted, the Caroline way, athletic and confident, the Charlotte way, contemporary and a combination of both, and many, many other ways, ladies...
Old 01-26-2011, 02:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Caroline had what we call "puppy fat" into her early twenties. But I don't think I have ever seen a photo of her where she looked truly overweight. Also as a teenager and very young woman she had some roundness to her face.

But she is tall and slim with beautiful long legs. I especially admire the way she bounced back quickly and regained her figure after each of her four pregnancies.

As someone else pointed out, Caroline seems to have inherited Princess Grace's fondness for rich food. Early in her marriage to Junot I remember she gave an interview and had more than one helping of German potato salad. I also saw a photo of her after her divorce from Junot..she was with Guillermo Vilas(I think that was his name) and they were here in the States, chowing down at Burger King. And I also read that she loves to eat lots of fresh mozzarella cheese.

In other words, she does not starve herself like some of those tiresome starlets and actresses, yet she is more elegant and striking than most of them even now, imo.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

Indeed, do you remember the pictures taken last summer where she was wolfing down pizza (I think) bought on the street, like any hungry teenager?