The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 12:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks a lot iloveroyals for the picture! It's great to see pics of Caro in the 70s :) and also with Cristina. BTW the article is very interesting also, since it shows what was said back then and we all know what happened later. I think the part of Phillipe being noble is wrong, it says his father Michael had the Marchis title and it would go to Phillipe after his death.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
Thanks a lot iloveroyals for the picture! It's great to see pics of Caro in the 70s :) and also with Cristina. BTW the article is very interesting also, since it shows what was said back then and we all know what happened later. I think the part of Phillipe being noble is wrong, it says his father Michael had the Marchis title and it would go to Phillipe after his death.
I read that the noble title was given Marchal Junot by Napoleon himself.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the pics, iloveroyals! But the one I was talking about was showing Caroline standing bewtween Prince Rainier and Christina. Caroline was wearing a black (?) overcoat. It was a black and white photo dating from the first months of year 1977. Well, Caroline looked a bit more round in that pic. I recall having read that Junot used to call her "ma grosse" (my fatty girl) back then.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
Here is the picture. I'll try to post others os the same period.
Thanks thanks a lot.
Personally I do not consider the she looks fat. She looks older, but this is the dress fashion of these years for official occasions, she has a round face, but definitely she is NOT fat. She is just rounder thtn the following years, but not fat.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

I agree. I have never seen a picture of Caroline actually looking fat all over, and as I said ealier, pictures can play tricks on reality. However, I have seen quite a few pictures where her face looks very full. Also, of course, fat has different meanings for different people and cultures. There is one year or one season (fall 76 to spring 77?)when Caroline had a chubby face and I know I have seen some posted on other threads, but I hope to add some new ones. Otherwise her clothes look good on her and she probably slims down for gala events as such. Don't we all ? ( I don't mean that we all go to galas but you get my point...)
Going through my pictures, there was a headline saying "She lost 5 kilos in 5 months for him" referring to Philippe (I had thought earlier it was 3 kilos), which sounds a bit sexist as read 30 years later. Also, it was discovered and revealed that Junot was no relationship to the famous military Junots of the 19th century. That was also in Point de Vue, correcting an earlier statement they had made.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I agree. I have never seen a picture of Caroline actually looking fat all over, and as I said ealier, pictures can play tricks on reality. However, I have seen quite a few pictures where her face looks very full. Also, of course, fat has different meanings for different people and cultures. There is one year or one season (fall 76 to spring 77?)when Caroline had a chubby face and I know I have seen some posted on other threads, but I hope to add some new ones. .
Agree with you, her weight never had huge difference, may be 4-5 kgs more, but this is not very huge for her height, and of course many kilos less when she lost Stefano, but this does not count.
As regards the chubby face, I;ve saw a serie of pictures who appeared on "Jours de France" when she was about 19-20, she was riding a horse, and having some jump competition. The all these pics, she was wearing the "horse rider" hat, called "bombe" and she was having a very very chubby face, but her body did not appeared especially rounder.
I believe it the youthless, you appear rounder. Charlotte is also having now a rounder face, but being fat....
Old 12-15-2006, 09:47 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5...carfin1976.jpg
Fandesacs 2003, I have those pictures too of her riding a horse with that chubby face. Here is another one, which I think has been posted in another thread, where the scarf accentuates the fullness of her face. This was in Hola, 1976
Old 12-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5...carfin1976.jpg
Fandesacs 2003, I have those pictures too of her riding a horse with that chubby face. Here is another one, which I think has been posted in another thread, where the scarf accentuates the fullness of her face. This was in Hola, 1976
Absolutely, these pics are very representative, THANKS for posting them.
She has a very round face chybby, accentuated by the short hair.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Here's a pic from early 1977 when Caroline seemed to have put on "some weight". I don't want to criticize anyone, since being all humans we all have our up and downs in life.
http://editorial.acionline.biz/downl....pp?id=2474743
Old 01-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
Thanks thanks a lot.
Personally I do not consider the she looks fat. She looks older, but this is the dress fashion of these years for official occasions, she has a round face, but definitely she is NOT fat. She is just rounder thtn the following years, but not fat.

I think she really looks like grace in the picture where she is with christina !
I dont think she had put on weight , I just think its the angle of the picture
Old 01-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
Here's a pic from early 1977 when Caroline seemed to have put on "some weight". I don't want to criticize anyone, since being all humans we all have our up and downs in life.
http://editorial.acionline.biz/downl....pp?id=2474743
I agree with you Tosca, here is a pic from the same event, leaving Regine’s Club 1979 just a bit chubby then the usual
http://www.abacausa.com/previews/74/59074.jpeg
Old 01-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Was that Grace Levine with her ?
Old 01-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Royal Highness

Never has been fat.

HRH Princess Caroline never has been fat. The reason her face looked
fuller initially is because she was still a virgin and we all have fuller faces when still pure. Later her face looks "puffy" and that may have been the birth control pill of the day. HRH Princess Caroline has an extraordinarily beautiful face and I have found her figure trim as has suited her.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Was that Grace Levine with her ?
In posting no 44 it is the ill fated Christina Onassis. What i do not understand is why they all dye their eyebrows lighter? It does give a frame within the face and integral to the eyes.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya
fuller initially is because she was still a virgin and we all have fuller faces when still pure. Later her face looks "puffy" and that may have been the birth control pill of the day. HRH Princess Caroline has an extraordinarily beautiful face and I have found her figure trim as has suited her.
i didn´t know that! Is that true?
Old 01-30-2007, 04:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I'm sorry, but that is nonsense. A person can have a fuller face because of their age, their bone structure and, obviously, their food intake. Sexual purity or otherwise has nothing to do with it.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Oh my God

Someone can have a round face, and loose it, either because of loosing weight, or because of getting older, because bones become thiner and the skin "falls", or after decades of bad life, alcoool, etc etc.
But absolutely not because a girl started a sexual life!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

About Grace Levine : sorry, I meant Tosca's post #49.
Also, there are relatively few pictures of Caroline looking rather "full in the face". Either because that period of time didn't last, or because the magazines only published flattering pictures of Caroline, or from the "right angle". Both Tosca's and FlowerPower's pictures (post 50) were unknown to me, and I think I have most of the pictures of that era.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Also, there are relatively few pictures of Caroline looking rather "full in the face". Either because that period of time didn't last, or because the magazines only published flattering pictures of Caroline, or from the "right angle". Both Tosca's and FlowerPower's pictures (post 50) were unknown to me, and I think I have most of the pictures of that era.
Look at her ankles in the pic posted by flower: they're a bit too "swollen" for a 20 y/o. But again, I'm not here to criticize her. I just wanted to point out that she's absolutely human, like anyone of us. How many of us happened to have weight problems when young, for any reason? I, myself, am an ex-anorexic.
Since she seems to have the childhood -teenager matter at heart, she should also talk about eating disorders in her speeches, like Princess Diana did.JMO

Besides on the OGGI article appeared on the 50th birthday, I read that she once stated: "I'm not an idol. I do not feel like that. I do not want to be worshipped, neither do I want my kids to be."
Old 01-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
At first I also tought she was her cousin Grace, but the caption says she' an American actress called Diane...something! Sorry it escapes me now.