The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 11-07-2006, 04:06 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beach House, Malaysia
Posts: 433
Princess Caroline is not fat. She looks fine with me. I think she even looked cute with her 'baby fat' when she was 15!!
__________________

__________________
At least I can be rich in my mind, after all that's where the real wealth resides.
  #22  
Old 11-07-2006, 07:26 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
Her weight has always been the same after her 20´s, with the exception of 1 or 2 years after Stefano´s death when she really was very thin.
__________________

__________________
  #23  
Old 11-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
This comment doesn't really belong in this thread, but I am not sure where it belongs. I think Caroline became a little "chubby" the first year she spent in Paris, studying for Sciences Po: probably a lot less opportunity to exercise, and the general "freshman's syndrome". One headline proclaimed, speaking of her relationship with Philippe Junot, one year later "She lost three kilos to please him!". But already at 16, Caroline was quoted as saying "My mother told me to lose 3 kilos". Always those three kilos that keep coming and going !
But the point I wanted to make was that whatever weight Caroline had between say 15 and 21, she was extraordinary. I think she was the equivalent of Brigitte Bardot in the fifties. She had "attitude". She looked carefree, enjoying life to the fullest, including the benefits of being Europe's "Caroline cherie". Katherine Hepburn had had "attitude" in the thirties and forties, but (at least to me) it seems a little forced and provocative, a little too much "See what an individual I am ?". Caroline (IMO) was never provocative (except maybe a couple of times at a party), she seemed to want to draw you into her magic circle of general joie de vivre. That's why I compare her to Brigitte Bardot, because they were at their best in the sun, in shorts, hats, beach baskets and bikinis. Caroline permitted the newer generation of princesses to come forth (Diana, Madeleine), and not in that strange way Princess Margaret had had. She also permitted the newer generation of actresses to come into bloom and show off their own brand of attitude, from Sophie Marceau to Charlotte Gainsbourg, to Lou Doillon. Of course, Caroline was the product of her generation (post-sixties) , but looking at pictures of her mother in her youth and looking at her, their body language is entirely different. Caroline photographed well because she never seemed self-conscious, on the contrary, she wanted the photographer and viewer, spectator to be in complicity with her and I think we ate it up, this way she made it easy to identify with her. Who in the world could have identified with Princess Grace ?
She retained that innocence in her first year of marriage to Philippe, but even though she was at her most beautiful in her late twenties, early thirties, with Stephano, she never recaptured that effervescent quality, and as time passes, she is becoming more and more "HRH" with all it implies in distancing herself, even in her kindness and graciousness. Her features hardened, and even though she is still very beautiful, she won't give of herself anymore. But who does at her age ? Queen Sofia maybe, and perhaps Princess Mathilde will, in her own serene way.
__________________
  #24  
Old 11-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Lucia Rose's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York,Sacramento, United States
Posts: 57
To me Carolines always had a good figure, regardless of what other people say

I saw those photos and she looked slim to me. Plus camera adds alot of weight and exagerates the persons features and shape exc. Thats why all the Hollywood ladies are really skinny today. I think people were talking about her face which was a little chubby NOT HER BODY. She alwyas had a lil bit of a double chin it didnt have anything to do with her weight. It was just the a hereditary thin she got fomr her grandmother charlotte it looked liked extra skin that sagged a little. Caroline inheried Grace Kellys slim tirm hourglass figure. she was built exactly lik Princess Grace when she was younger. Grace altohugh did gain alot of weight as she got older, due to medical,hormonl reasonsI believe I heard,read. But she NEVER fat either.
Now Stephanie she was one who got her genes mixed, Princess Grace said in a interveiw up, being the super skinny minny of the family, with androgynous build and athletes shoulders as quoted from a magazine article. Anyhow Caroline was never ever fat,chubby. Always slim to medium. She has always had a lovley,graceful slim beautiful figure like her mother.
__________________
  #25  
Old 11-08-2006, 03:55 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
This comment doesn't really belong in this thread, but I am not sure where it belongs. I think Caroline became a little "chubby" the first year she spent in Paris, studying for Sciences Po: probably a lot less opportunity to exercise, and the general "freshman's syndrome". One headline proclaimed, speaking of her relationship with Philippe Junot, one year later "She lost three kilos to please him!". But already at 16, Caroline was quoted as saying "My mother told me to lose 3 kilos". Always those three kilos that keep coming and going !
But the point I wanted to make was that whatever weight Caroline had between say 15 and 21, she was extraordinary. I think she was the equivalent of Brigitte Bardot in the fifties. She had "attitude". She looked carefree, enjoying life to the fullest, including the benefits of being Europe's "Caroline cherie". Katherine Hepburn had had "attitude" in the thirties and forties, but (at least to me) it seems a little forced and provocative, a little too much "See what an individual I am ?". Caroline (IMO) was never provocative (except maybe a couple of times at a party), she seemed to want to draw you into her magic circle of general joie de vivre. That's why I compare her to Brigitte Bardot, because they were at their best in the sun, in shorts, hats, beach baskets and bikinis. Caroline permitted the newer generation of princesses to come forth (Diana, Madeleine), and not in that strange way Princess Margaret had had. She also permitted the newer generation of actresses to come into bloom and show off their own brand of attitude, from Sophie Marceau to Charlotte Gainsbourg, to Lou Doillon. Of course, Caroline was the product of her generation (post-sixties) , but looking at pictures of her mother in her youth and looking at her, their body language is entirely different. Caroline photographed well because she never seemed self-conscious, on the contrary, she wanted the photographer and viewer, spectator to be in complicity with her and I think we ate it up, this way she made it easy to identify with her. Who in the world could have identified with Princess Grace ?
She retained that innocence in her first year of marriage to Philippe, but even though she was at her most beautiful in her late twenties, early thirties, with Stephano, she never recaptured that effervescent quality, and as time passes, she is becoming more and more "HRH" with all it implies in distancing herself, even in her kindness and graciousness. Her features hardened, and even though she is still very beautiful, she won't give of herself anymore. But who does at her age ? Queen Sofia maybe, and perhaps Princess Mathilde will, in her own serene way.
Yes, very very very well said, Caroline was/is/will be of a stunning beauty, but she has always this extraordinary personnality "aura" which if you have it you keep it for your whole life, and this "aura" is independant from any less or more kilos or wrinlke.
__________________
  #26  
Old 11-08-2006, 08:03 AM
lea's Avatar
lea lea is offline
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
She retained that innocence in her first year of marriage to Philippe, but even though she was at her most beautiful in her late twenties, early thirties, with Stephano, she never recaptured that effervescent quality, and as time passes, she is becoming more and more "HRH" with all it implies in distancing herself, even in her kindness and graciousness. Her features hardened, and even though she is still very beautiful, she won't give of herself anymore. But who does at her age ? Queen Sofia maybe, and perhaps Princess Mathilde will, in her own serene way.
I believe Princess Caroline has said in interviews that she didn't get to pick her career, at times I wonder if her "regal" look isn't more a look of boredom. Wouldn't all of us be bored with some of the events she has to attend after as many years as she has had to attend them?!! However, I do think we see her giving of herself to this day in certain situations, such as in the Phillipines, or even at the Palace when she is photographed amongst children. Like Princess Stephanie as well, they are at their most beautiful in those situations where their smiles are genuine and their hearts are in what they're doing.
__________________
  #27  
Old 11-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,552
I wouldn't have ever talked about that photo hadn't I have seen it myself. It appeared on one of Italy's most popular mag called "La domenica del Corriere" around February/March 1977 - I recall the caption read " See how chubby she's become. She's only 20!" . She looked really fatter than Christina Onassis, who was standing next to her. As you know Christina wasn't exactly paper-thin...
Perhaps that picture will never surface again, but it existed. I wish I could retrieve that mag, and show it to you.
__________________
Let's go back to the old, and we'll have a progress! (Giuseppe Verdi)
  #28  
Old 11-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by lea
I believe Princess Caroline has said in interviews that she didn't get to pick her career, at times I wonder if her "regal" look isn't more a look of boredom. Wouldn't all of us be bored with some of the events she has to attend after as many years as she has had to attend them?!! However, I do think we see her giving of herself to this day in certain situations, such as in the Phillipines, or even at the Palace when she is photographed amongst children. Like Princess Stephanie as well, they are at their most beautiful in those situations where their smiles are genuine and their hearts are in what they're doing.
Caroline seems to have spoken in this theme for many years now -- that she didn't get to pick her career or have other choices in her life etc.

I don't think there's any doubt that the majority of us would be bored at attending the great number of events she has been obliged to over the years. However, born who she was also accorded her an extremely privileged life with the opportunity to do good in this world and I believe she has done some worthwhile things here.

But I'm not sure she was prevented from following her own inclinations as far as a "career" was concerned. Her parents were very liberal indeed with their daughters as they grew up and I'm sure they'd have preferred her to have followed a career path at the time she seemed more interested in swinging around Paris nightclubs and dating ageing playboys. Just my opinion.
__________________
  #29  
Old 12-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
Tosca, I have a picture of Caroline and Christina together, arm in arm, both of them smiling broadly, and you are right, Caroline appears heavy (heavier) than Christina, especially her face, which makes her look positively obese. Incredible. But I think it is the picture, because next to it are pictures of her and Philippe Junot, she is wearing the same clothes, it is the same evening event, and she looks normal, if a little full in the face. It is from Hola Nov 76, the pictures are from Europa Press/SIPA.
__________________
  #30  
Old 12-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,213
Don't forget that while Christina was definitely heavy...there was a brief period when she was thin. She was taking a lot of diet pills and basically living off Diet Coke if I recall.
__________________
  #31  
Old 12-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Suonymona's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: *******, United States
Posts: 830
IIRC, her obsession with her weight and the methods she used was a strong contributing factor to Cristina's premature death.

Caroline's weight seems to have stablized since she lost the baby weight from Alexandra. Although I noticed her a bit thinner after all the pregnancy rumours (when she was photographed with a bit of a suitable tummy).

Its hard to tell about Caroline's shape because her clothes are tailored so well!
__________________
Ann
  #32  
Old 12-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,443
Could you please post the pics of Caroline with Cristina? I have seen only one pic of them together in the 70s, it would be great to see more.
__________________
Monaco70s
  #33  
Old 12-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
Do I have to ask permisssion from Hola ?
__________________
  #34  
Old 12-12-2006, 04:07 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
Tosca, I have a picture of Caroline and Christina together, arm in arm, both of them smiling broadly, and you are right, Caroline appears heavy (heavier) than Christina, especially her face, which makes her look positively obese. Incredible. But I think it is the picture, because next to it are pictures of her and Philippe Junot, she is wearing the same clothes, it is the same evening event, and she looks normal, if a little full in the face. It is from Hola Nov 76, the pictures are from Europa Press/SIPA.
Please please post this famous photo. We have been talking since a long time about Carolin'es weight, I never remember her being fat, may be with two or 3 kgrs more, but for her heright, does not make her "fat". Is the same discussion like with Charlotte, from the "skinny" teen she become a woman with a "normal" body, and now every body says that she is becoming "fat".
On the other side, Letizia if Spain, being slim, she is supposed to have anorexia. Definitely, when you are rich and famous, you are never OK on people's eyes

Back to the matter, I never remember Christina Onassis being thin, so being thinner than Caroline it sounds incredible, so please post this pic.
I'm not moderator, but I thionk for such old pics you do not need to ask permission.
__________________
  #35  
Old 12-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,552
Please iloveroyals, post that photo and let's stop all this for heaven's sake!because there are some die-hard fans that cannot accept their "idols" being human, like anyone of us.
__________________
Let's go back to the old, and we'll have a progress! (Giuseppe Verdi)
  #36  
Old 12-12-2006, 11:19 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
Please iloveroyals, post that photo and let's stop all this for heaven's sake!because there are some die-hard fans that cannot accept their "idols" being human, like anyone of us.
Hi
You have half right, Caroline has always been my idol. fat or not.

I die to see this picture, to finish this discussion, especailly that i could never imagine Caroline being fatter than Christina Onassis

Please iloveroyals, have a pitty for us, post this picture
__________________
  #37  
Old 12-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
OK, I'll post the photo, give me a day or 2, I am in the middle of grading final exams. I'll also look to see if I have other photos of the 2 of them.
__________________
  #38  
Old 12-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 158
I don't think anyone's claiming Caroline was "fat" - simply that at about the time of her first marriage, she was a few pounds heavier than she is now - that's all.

As for Christina Onassis, she was at times of normal body weight and was definitely not always overweight, so I don't think we should get too excited about this picture, whatever it shows (if indeed it gets posted).
__________________
  #39  
Old 12-13-2006, 07:29 AM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
Here is the picture. I'll try to post others os the same period.
__________________
  #40  
Old 12-13-2006, 07:31 AM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
Sorry, I'll try again....There, I got it !
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Prince Harald of Norway and Sonja Haraldsen 1968 Mandy Royal Weddings 68 07-07-2014 10:20 AM
Biographies of Princess Caroline's Children Josefine Princess Caroline and Family 67 09-12-2011 11:56 PM
Biography of Princess Caroline Julia Princess Caroline and Family 33 09-18-2008 09:37 PM
The Late Princess Diana Yennie Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 171 02-20-2005 01:19 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria duchess of cambridge engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman pom pregnancy president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]